CAR HIRE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 May 2008 12:25 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Thanks for the very detailed info Semi..........

I think I will give them a go.............

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
10 May 2008 1:16 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

Morerosado and others this is the reply back from Record

Thank you for your email.

We would like to inform you that the gas policy is still the same. Customers have to drop off the vehicles with the same amount of gas as found.

Nevertheless, we have implemented two other options for the customer's convenience. Allow us to please explain to you the way they work:

1- Full-Half: Customer will be provided with a full tank of gas and it has to be dropped off with half a tank.

It is of paramount importance to take into account that our price per liter is cheaper than the one you will find at any gas station. Therefore, if you contract this deal, you will save money. This will always be easily verified by taking a look at the gas stations' price signs.

2- Full-Empty: Customer will be provided with a full tank of gas and it has to be dropped off empty. If you're thinking about spending a longer vacation, or simply drive more miles, this is definitely your best bet. For a cheaper price per liter, as well, you will be stress-free while getting ready to pack your belongings and go back home. Imagine not having to stop by any gas station before dropping off the vehicle.

Please note that, if you drop off the car with less gas, having agreed to drop it off half or full, Record will charge you for the missing gas, plus a 15-euro processing fee.

On the other hand, Record will not refund the difference if you happen to return the vehicle's tank with more gas.

Like 0      
10 May 2008 1:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Conrad. I think it says pretty much what I said, don't you think ? They certainly got back to you promptly, unlike most.

By the way Harley on here has just used Econorent at Murcia & was very pleased with them.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/10/2008.

Like 0      
10 May 2008 1:30 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
More they still charged us for half a tank though

Like 0      
10 May 2008 1:42 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I've checked my credit card statment and it did go through in Euros. 

It will be interesting to see if others have a similar problem but as it only happens if using Nationwide or Co-op cards then it might be some time before the mystery can be solved.

I will definately use them again as I think they provide a better service than Record.

The rep showed me to the car and pointed out where the hi vis vest was (one) and the warning triangles.  He showed me the car documents and also they provide an instruction guide in English on how to fill in the form to report an accident!  He also paid for the parking ticket. 

Like 0      
10 May 2008 2:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
                Print off their mail & carry that with you in future.

Like 0      
11 May 2008 1:35 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

When I've booked with DoYouSpain after I've put in my details it says that they have found a company which has a full/full policy.  After booking the voucher they send is for Record.

I went out twice in December and both times when I got to the Record counter the rep said that they had changed their policy regarding fuel and I could now pay in advance for a full tank (1st visit) or full, 1/2 and then even a 1/4 tank when I refused again on my 2nd visit.

If your voucher says that you have a full/full booking then the company can only suggest an alternative they cannot make you accept it.

Personally I don't like Record, I find the male reps very unhelpful and prefer to use the females.

At Easter I arrived at the counter to find that I had transversed the date for picking up the car, first time in 5 years of travelling over, and I was 3 days too early 

The man at the counter said that there was nothing he could do about it.

Fortunately we'd travelled with friends who had arranged to be picked up so we were able to travel with them to our house.

Once at the house I arranged car hire through Torrecar.  When I rang DoYouSpain's number on the voucher to cancel the booking I was told that if I had rung them at the airport they could have changed the booking then and faxed a new voucher to Record.  This is a common occurence and she was surprised that Record hadn't told me to phone them.

Because of this I won't book with Record again and tried out Econorent on my last trip.  Definately better that Record and I'll be using them from now on.

Like 0      
12 May 2008 10:46 AM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar
Hiya, I flew into Gibraltar yesterday and had booked a car through carjet with Auriga Crown. After feeling ripped off last time being charged 80 euros  for tank of fuel on a vehicle from europa goldcar at Jerez airport and reading this forum/thread. I thought I would ask if I could return the vehicle on a full for full basis. They were only to happy to oblige, so i can only say it pays to ask.

Like 0      
12 May 2008 11:44 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Jet48, I believe we all ask ! It's just we feel the need to know prior to booking rather than get caught out with having to accept the usual full / empty policy.

Even though Auriga Crown ( I'm talking about at Murcia & booked through  http://www.doyouspain.com/ ) now say they will only give you a full / empty arrangement (over 3 days) we were told by Nico there who seems to be in charge along with Carmelo, that, as we were regular customers of Auriga, we should ask doyouspain to contact Auriga to say we were coming again & Nico would allow us the full / full arrangement. However, since janeb told us all on the forum about choosing ECONORENT through http://www.hirecarsinspain.com/  we & other friends are now using them as Econorent have a GUARANTEED FULL/FULL FUEL POLICY. (Not to mention we're finding them cheaper & very helpful & courteous too ).

Like 0      
12 May 2008 2:22 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Hi More

Just used your link to hire cars - not seen the company before.  They offered Goldcar and Auriga.  However as in common with, I now think ALL Malaga companies, it's a full empty fuel policy. We want a Berlingo (personally hate them but our friend has problems with low cars) so may go with Goldcar. I think we're working our way through all the companies!

Thank you everyone for the comments and advice.

Like 0      
12 May 2008 3:50 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Sonia, have you considered a Scenic, they are perfect for anyone who has difficulty in getting in and out of cars as they are a lot higher.  When we were buying a new car car we had to take this into consideration for my in-laws. 

I've been given a Scenic once, many car hires ago.  It didn't have a key, instead it was a card.  Also it didn't have an handbrake which took some time to get used to.

My house is on a hill but I didn't have trouble with hill starts.

Perhaps you could request a particular car when booking or at least a specific size, given that you need one for a particular reason.

I always book a Clio but I've yet to drive one!

Like 0      
12 May 2008 7:53 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar
Hi Sonia, Europa goldcar is the company we went with at Jerez azirport. They said they had upgraded us to a fiat doblo, and then charged us 80 euros for fuel. The car was Cr-p wished we had insisted on our original choice. Make sure you dont make the same mistake

Like 0      
12 May 2008 8:04 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi More

However, since janeb told us all on the forum about choosing ECONORENT through http://www.hirecarsinspain.com/  we & other friends are now using them as Econorent have a GUARANTEED FULL/FULL FUEL POLICY.

If you book with these, do you still pay on arrival or at time of booking?

Mark

Like 0      
12 May 2008 10:05 PM by harley Star rating in West Midlands/ Costa.... 67 posts Send private message

harley´s avatar

Hi Mark

We used Enonorent through www.hirecarsinspain.com at Murcia airport. Its all change there, as of last week rented cars are collected from the large car park on the right so not the usual chaos as you come out of the airport. Enconorent and Victoria plus a few others operate from white vans some share with each other, it took a while to find them but it was on the second row and our car was next to the van, so no having to cart luggage to find your car.

In answer to your question, no we did not pay for the petrol in the car, we were asked but we said  thanks will bring it back full, a win win situation.

we have booked again for the end of the month, this time we will use the extra insurance as I emailed hirecarsinspain this morning had a reply , found out it was 16 euros and to ask when we next pick a car up.

All in all a good service and we will be using them from now on.

forgot to say they came out the cheapest when we did a search.

M

Harley

Like 0      
13 May 2008 3:22 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Mark, you pay on arrival with Econorent, at Alicante they had a machine to process your card similar to ones you use in restaurants.  I was a bit confused as it also showed the amount in £'s on the screeen, I didn't want to type in my pin number until I was sure that I was paying in Euros.  I made the rep cancel the transaction and do it again but the same thing occured.  When I came home I saw that the amount had gone through  in Euros so I got a better rate with my Nationwide card. 

Like 0      
13 May 2008 3:24 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Many thanks for the replies.

Mark

Like 0      
14 May 2008 1:01 PM by SpanishLinda Star rating in Nueva Andalucia. 44 posts Send private message

SpanishLinda´s avatar
We use a company called Cartrawler who hold a central database of local car hire firms which they run a match of your requirements against and come up with the best deal.  They can supply you with a free online quote for car hire at Murcia Airport.

Like 0      
15 May 2008 8:39 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I have to say that they are about 30 euros dearer for a 4 day rental (Ford fusion) compared to DoYouSpain. Don't know what the petrol policy is however. Moral of story - check around for better offers. 

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
19 May 2008 7:14 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Have to say a big "Thank You" again (Thai Deodorant Stones???) to Jane B who posted about hirecarsinspain.com, who, for us, turned out great as they have a free upgrade offer for rentals over 28 days!  Great rates (with the free upgrade) and great service (booking online - haven't picked the car up yet, but will let you know!!).  Will post feedback, but (from what I've read) all positive so far and am hoping for the same!

What's really good is they show you who you are renting with before you confirm the booking (and you don't pay up front, only on collection of vehicle).  You have a choice of which company you book through at various locations, as they state the options in the booking process!  Fantastic!!

So for an extra 10 Euros a week (over six weeks) we have an upgraded car!!  Great stuff!!

Thanks again!

Like 0      
23 May 2008 1:50 PM by SpanishLinda Star rating in Nueva Andalucia. 44 posts Send private message

SpanishLinda´s avatar
We use a company called Cartrawler who hold a central database of local car hire firms which they run a match of your requirements against and come up with the best deal.  They can supply you with a free online quote for car hire at Murcia Airport.

This message was last edited by SpanishLinda on 5/23/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

cheap flights - 0 posts
Anyone in Manilva - and you Justin! - 11 posts
Renovating - 0 posts
Non Completion and Furniture Pack Rights - 1 posts
Xmas dinner - 76 posts
Sunset Beach Torrevieja, CB - 0 posts
LINDA QUINN - 1 posts
music - 1 posts
Work permits, et al for Spanish Employment - 2 posts
Pregnant when you move to spain - 2 posts
Buying a property with a Ltd Co - 2 posts
Los Noranjos Apartments in Terque - 5 posts
PHASE 3 - 4 posts
how to move on to Spain - 0 posts
Mortgage Help - 3 posts
THE FONDUE LOUNGE - 4 posts
Help for Completion Please - 24 posts
Claims Form - Consumer Rights - 14 posts
snagging - 5 posts
Proindal web site - 3 posts
Cleaning Services - 1 posts
Successfully bought a property abroad without pressure. - 1 posts
Villa Martin - 4 posts
laguna green - 28 posts
Trips to Ibiza and Majorca - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 113

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x