Help for Completion Please

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Oct 2007 10:45 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Well Noreen as you have something to sit on, sleep on and a place to chill your wine you're well on your way to being sorted.

My advice would be to chill and enjoy your place in Spain, there will be plenty of trips out and speaking from experience you will always have something you will want to buy.

When I bought 4 years ago the selection of items even in Carrefour were very poor.  I brought over a kettle from England as they only had 3 electric kettles for sale, now they have a much better selection.

I leave clothes out there in the wardrobe but I always leave the doors open so that air can circulate.  My bedding I store in SpaceBags, I did buy a vacumn in Carrefour but it would overheat when I used it to suck out the air in the SpaceBags.  I bought a value one from Tesco and that's fine.  I gave the old one to the neighbours and for normal hoovering it works fine.

On my last trip out I found that the Todo stores opposite the church square in Torrevieja where selling individual space bags for 2e.  They worked as well!

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 11:32 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Semijubilada

When we were over in the summer we went to carrefour & eroski & much preferred eroski, so that is where we are heading next week.

We are back over at Christmas & it will be our intention to leave some stuff in the apartment. It will also be then that we intend to relax & chill & enjoy the apartment. These few days next week were always going to be manic!!

We also found a small shop in Turre which is run by English people & they stock all the English utensils, kettles, teapots & mugs etc. that it is difficult to find in Spain. For a small shop there prices were also comprable to the prices in eroski.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 2:20 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Noreen said: "....I guess the only battle left is to get any snagging sorted out - I know it will be a battle because everything else to do with the purchase has been!!!!"

Noreen, not wanting to put a dampener on things when they're going so well, but if you think that will be the last battle, think again. If everything keeps going right for you, it's only a matter of time before your new neighbours get wind of your expertise at negotiating your way through the intricacies of life in Spain, and you will find yourself elected as President of your new community. That's when the fun will really begin!

Four years on, I'm still waiting for a final solution from the developer for our garage flooding problem.................

Seriously though, glad to hear you achieved a satisfactory result. Well done.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 5:30 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I hope it has all gone through now Noreen? Congrats on becoming a Spanish homeowner.

Mark

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 8:10 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Markfish

Yes, it has all gone through at last!! We apparently completed this morning but I didn't find out until I got home at 7.15 this evening when I checked my emails.

Roberto

After reading all the trials & tribulations of those who are Presidents on EOS, my answer to that idea is not a hope in hell.

I am afraid that one of the quirks of my personality is that I have very little patience (in fact none at all is probably more accurate!!!) & I would probably end up swearing at someone.

So as per your suggestion last night the "virtual" champagne is on me tonight - Enjoy!!!

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Claims Form - Consumer Rights - 14 posts
snagging - 5 posts
Proindal web site - 3 posts
Cleaning Services - 1 posts
Successfully bought a property abroad without pressure. - 1 posts
Villa Martin - 4 posts
laguna green - 28 posts
Trips to Ibiza and Majorca - 5 posts
Forum Link Banner Changes - 9 posts
Hi Everyone - 32 posts
anthony worrall - 0 posts
Transferrable skills.... - 6 posts
Nueva Beach Club - 2 posts
Any residents of Al Andalus Resort here? - 12 posts
Butterfly... - 3 posts
Habitation certificates - 2 posts
Charity Dog Show in Alhaurin El Grande / tomorrow - 0 posts
Every one can help abandoned dogs here in Spain - 8 posts
Connection to water - 2 posts
jennifer, heredades, costa blanca - 1 posts
BECKITTS MARBELLA - 6 posts
Guardia civil ? - 8 posts
Long Term Let wanted - Costa Almeria - 1 posts
FIR TREES - 26 posts
Gardens, Pools, Home Services and Furniture - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x