Justice in Spain?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Oct 2007 7:31 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Hawkings:

That is exactly what I meant . I think  that showing  hopes and remarking the good part of the judicial system is healthy and favour people´s mental status in order to not create unnecesary fears for them.  The general public can get panicked easlily and I think we need to avoid that. This does not mean that we have to hide the truth but we need to be careful on how we portray the lacks of the judicial system. Of course corruption exists, and unfair judicial decissions exist, and unhonest lawyers exist  too and so on.

I really do not think that Judges  in general are corrupt in Spain. Of course there are exceptions and very frequently decissions do not satisfy claimers.

Anyhow, have a  woderful weekend and please enjoy the good things of my country.

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Oct 2007 8:41 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Hawkins/Maria

I  think most people are aware of the good and bad in all countrys, and tarring everyone with the same brush is just ignorance. Having said that, we really must face the facts about how bad the justice system can be in Spain. Not only are court decisions often just wrong, as has been proven many times recently, but painfully slow as well!  We are very aware of the positive aspects of Spain, which is why many of us wanted to invest in it. I would think for everyones sake though, the seriousness of the recent cases shows a problem that needs bringing out in the open so that it is not only forced to change, but can be seen doing so. I really think the irony is, that in the long term, the bad publicity that many people in Spain find very hurtful, will improve things for everyone, if it leads to change?. If things don't change then the bad feeling can only get worse, and that will be a great shame for all.

For those not invoved in the corruption/bad court decisions, this probably seems very harsh on Spain, but for those of us involved, it has been and still is a disaster.  We realise this could happen anywhere, it's how it's dealt with that causes such much misery. If a case is black and white, is it really to much to expect justice without waiting years, costing us a fortune, and still not feeling confident that the people deciding our fate will use common sense?

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

punta marinea - 6 posts
Advice please - 2 posts
Barcelona football tickets champions league - 0 posts
Anyone waiting to move to Spain - 50 posts
Daya Vieja football match September 8th, 2007 - 5 posts
Makro card Alicante - 1 posts
Christmas in Spain - 4 posts
LONG TERM LET NEEDED - 1 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL NEEDED - 3 posts
long term let needed - 3 posts
Agents and can we?? - 15 posts
British beds or Spanish - 37 posts
Advice/ Help Please - 0 posts
looking for unfurnished long term rentals costa del sol - 8 posts
LA BODEGA BLANCA - ORANGE SQUARE MARBELLA - 6 posts
Mobile phones - 11 posts
Travel cots,High chairs etc - 3 posts
Urgently needed - 2 posts
Hi all anybody connected to Pereleja Golf ? - 1 posts
Help needed please!! - 13 posts
AIB Technical - a WARNING!!! - 8 posts
Forums - 75 posts
Iberian international - 9 posts
Roofing - 4 posts
Cheque made out to me in sterling can i put it in my spanish account - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x