Anyone waiting to move to Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by afranks Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Hi everyone

Just thought i would ask the question . Me & the wife have been waiting to sell our house, so that we can move to the costa del sol, for nealy a year now ( house will NOT sell ) anybody else having the same nightmare.

Ant Franks

Books4TheBeach.com

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 4:12 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Oh dear. I hope someone comes along soon for you.

We just put our house on the market. The details aren't published yet so we will see if we are going to have the same problems.

We were hoping to get it on the market in spring but things took longer than we thought. As usual.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 4:47 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Of course, the papers are now saying there will be a big turn downwards in house prices and sales in the UK.  The advent of the HIP and the depressed market are all contributing to this, so they so.  That is not the reason at all.  The reason is that I am going to sell mine early next year so they are bound to go down in price.  I'll also be transferring money to Spain so the pound will hit an all time low against the euro at about the same time.  It always happens.

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya, a conspiracy.

And it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 4:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

A couple opposite us in Spain (from Rugby) were meant to have moved over permanently xmas 2005. They thought they'd sold in the UK, the new owner was due to sign on the dotted line beginning January 2006 but he pulled out just after this couple had moved into the house in Spain that they'd bought with a mortgage (expecting their UK home to sell quickly.) Then, as they had no one even look at their UK home after that bombshell, they decided to get it ready to rent out for 6 months thinking it would at least give them some funds. After the 6 months they still couldn't sell. Agent says it's in good area & is keenly priced & I daresay they reduced it too but nothing. Currently they are renting it out as they need to "earn" something as they are not working in Spain & are late 50's. It must be very demoralising for them.

Edited to add..... Sorry, I meant to add that I hope it won't be too long before your UK property sells, Ant.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 10/2/2007.

Like 0      
03 Oct 2007 3:46 PM by afranks Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Hi everyone

I forgot to mention we had also sold our house back in Aprill, but the buyers changed there mind. We also have a buitifull property on Arenal Golf in benalmadena and is just sitting there waiting for us (lovely sea and golf views)So makes the daily grind even more tedias. Anyway we have a viewing on friday so who knows?

Ant

Like 0      
03 Oct 2007 7:17 PM by saltay Star rating in Pinoso (Alicante) an.... 41 posts Send private message

saltay´s avatar
Hi Everyone

Yes, we're in the "Not Sold club" too. We have a lovely bungalow in a pretty Lincolnshire village but it's been on the market now for nearly a year. We've decided that we're going to have to let, at least until the spring. This means that we're going to have to get two mortgages (hopefully we'll just manage it) one for our golf appartment on Polaris Hacienda Riquelme (we go to the notary in just under three weeks time after having waited for over three years!) and one for the house we are having built on a 10,000 sqm plot just outside Pinoso. We have such darling builders there that I would hate to have to make them wait for us to be able to complete but we're hoping we'll manage to get both mortgages.

It is just so frustrating. We'd been thinking of dropping the price to under 250,000 just to get a quick sale but David Cameron's put the mockers on that now, because everyone will wait until the election to see if he keeps his promise to scrap the lower rate of stamp duty.

I understand exactly how you feel, Bobaol. It is a conspiracy!

By the way, if anyone fancies living away from the coast (only 45 mins) and wants to have a house built to their own design, I can recommend our builders. Just send me a PM.

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 2:58 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

We have got our first viewing tomorrow.........

............. and so it begins.

We looked around Pinoso and La Romana too and considered the builds to order but it was too high for us.

I will be growing tender palms and plants under contract and need the mild winters.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 3:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Good luck for your viewing tomorrow, Laury. When are you contemplating going over to Spain next ?

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 3:28 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

The next visit is to pay off the builder.............

2 months... like it was 2 months back in May, June, July, August...

LOL

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 3:30 PM by saltay Star rating in Pinoso (Alicante) an.... 41 posts Send private message

saltay´s avatar
Oh Laury

What a wonderful job. I wish I was young enough to be able to undertake something like that. How's your Spanish - or won't you need it? Let me know if you need any help with it. Mine is fairly fluent.

Good luck with the viewing. We've got someone coming tonight with a view to renting but I already know she's going to quibble over the price and someone coming on Saturday with a view to buying but they haven't sold yet. The saga continues....!

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 3:33 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Now THAT is an offer I can't refuse.

My Spanish consists of the first Michel Thomas CD and talking to people as much as possible while over there.

Rubbish really.

The "job" will be more of a pocket money thing unless I decide to branch out a bit and run a bit of a nursery. I don't want to get bored.

I hope you have some luck with yours too Saltay.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 4:05 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Will you be making good use of your 10,000 square metres then?

Laury

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 4:06 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Oh and did you see the red house on the top of the hill at Pinoso?

We actually considered buying that for 2 minutes.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 5:05 PM by freddie06 Star rating in Ireland. 21 posts Send private message

I can’t sell because of my ex business partner (my brother) trying to claim my assets, I have been to court a few months ago and won, now he is applying the judges ruling to the high court.

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 5:32 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Oh for goodness sake Freddie.

Nothing is ever simple, is it?

So that's 3 of us in waiting.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 5:56 PM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
Well...I seem to have sold my house now...I have an offer its accepted so just have to get to base 1..10% deposit...

So the finger nail nibbling begins until we get the legal bit sorted...hopefully all will go well and then we are fully engaged into our plan...of moving by June 2008...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 6:32 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Oh a success!

Well done.

You actually set a moving date?  Ours is sometime between now and next year depending on house sale.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 8:40 PM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
We are setting 04-06-08 in stone....I have worked out when I give my job up...(joy) and when we take the kids out of school...have some more questions to post on info I need to here we go.....

Cannot wait....

Like 0      
05 Oct 2007 7:16 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Well I hope the next viewers we get aren't like today's.

Why did they come and look at our a960s bungalow if they wnated a modern box?

Not moving yet then.

laury

Laury

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 5:24 PM by afranks Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Hi Lauryc

At least your viewer turned up, my 1st viewer for 2 months cancelled. Anyway not to worry i am over in Arroyo de la miel from the 13th for a week so will hope the spanish weather cheers me up.

Ant Franks

www.books4thebeach.com

This message was last edited by afranks on 10/8/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Daya Vieja football match September 8th, 2007 - 5 posts
Makro card Alicante - 1 posts
Christmas in Spain - 4 posts
LONG TERM LET NEEDED - 1 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL NEEDED - 3 posts
long term let needed - 3 posts
Agents and can we?? - 15 posts
British beds or Spanish - 37 posts
Advice/ Help Please - 0 posts
looking for unfurnished long term rentals costa del sol - 8 posts
LA BODEGA BLANCA - ORANGE SQUARE MARBELLA - 6 posts
Mobile phones - 11 posts
Travel cots,High chairs etc - 3 posts
Urgently needed - 2 posts
Hi all anybody connected to Pereleja Golf ? - 1 posts
Help needed please!! - 13 posts
AIB Technical - a WARNING!!! - 8 posts
Forums - 75 posts
Iberian international - 9 posts
Roofing - 4 posts
Cheque made out to me in sterling can i put it in my spanish account - 1 posts
Frank & Veronica - 2 posts
janacky - 2 posts
R12 Developers in Cox - 0 posts
Fee free banking - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 51

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x