CÉDULA DE HABITABILIDAD

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jan 2016 6:19 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Sorry to confuse Maria, but it's properties purchased prior to June 2013 which require greater clarification, so  bearing in mind the detail identified in the article I copied into my last posting, and with specific reference to  properties purchased prior to June 2013 that are now being resold, could you please answer the following questions:

1) Is this correct Maria, "It seems now that the majority of the Town Halls and Regional Governments (including complicate areas like Catral, Elche, Denia, Javea, etc) have created a base of what  should be required to obtain the CH, " or are there some Town Halls that are still not willing to provide CH's for these properties?

2) And is the conclusion to this (for properties purchased prior to June 2013) that if no CH can be obtained from the Town Hall, that the likelihood is that the development or property has not achieved the correct planning authorisation (or has other outstanding contentious legal issues) and is therefore deemed to be illegal in some way?

Like 0      
19 Jan 2016 12:09 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Answers below in bold green ( same text as your email): 

Sorry to confuse Maria, but it's properties purchased prior to June 2013 which require greater clarification, so  bearing in mind the detail identified in the article I copied into my last posting, and with specific reference to  properties purchased prior to June 2013 that are now being resold, could you please answer the following questions:

1) Is this correct Maria, "It seems now that the majority of the Town Halls and Regional Governments (including complicated areas like Catral, Elche, Denia, Javea, etc) have created a base of what  should be required to obtain the CH, " or are there some Town Halls that are still not willing to provide CH's for these properties? Developments finished before June 2013 could be registered and the first transmission was allowed without FOL. This means that Notaries could authorise End of New Works Deeds and First Transmission Deeds without being obliged to verify the existence of the Habitation Licenses. Of course, it does not mean that they were not necessary for the buyer to verify the legality of building work. A lawyer was obviously much necessary in this period where Notaries were not obliged to filter on Planning Law. From June 2013, I guess many local councils are through a refining process for all properties to have either first or second occupation license as a way to promote safety and trust for legal transactions.

2) And is the conclusion to this (for properties purchased prior to June 2013) that if no CH can be obtained from the Town Hall, that the likelihood is that the development or property has not achieved the correct planning authorisation (or has other outstanding contentious legal issues) and is therefore deemed to be illegal in some way? Correct conclusion. Purchase not advisable.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
19 Jan 2016 12:59 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Thank you so much for the clarification Maria.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2016 10:47 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

It is a plesaure, as it has been  8364 times since 2008. We are celebrating 10 years of work for expats this year. 

mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 8364 posts

and starting new ventures.....

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Feb 2016 10:44 PM by Xabia Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hi,

This is where are so far.......

No Cédula

The Local Lawyers Say this is okay, the property is legal and the Cédula cannot be issued until the street is fully Urbanised by the local town hall
The Agent Thinks it is fine
The Housefinder thinks this is fine and they don't have one themselves on their house
The Mortgage adviser said "well this is Spain"
The Mortager Broker we approached before the "well this is Spain" was concerned when he found out there was no LFO. But then said he could approach the Banks when he got the Nota Simple
The Banks Valuing Surveyor saw no issue with it
The Bank has offered the Mortgage

And yet almost everthing I read in the interweb states that the lack of Cedular is a big nono.

At no point until the first mortage adviser I spoke with did anyone ever mention the words "Cedular, LFO, Habitation Certificate"

Very confsuing 

Like 0      
06 Feb 2016 2:17 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Why there is no FOL? Have your lawyer checked at the Planning department?

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
06 Feb 2016 4:07 PM by Xabia Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Thank you for the reply.

I sent the lawyer a detailed email as the draft contract they sent contained errors and ommissions.

When I spoke to Him on the phone, he tells me the Town Hall cannot issue a Cédula until the urbanisation is complete. I am assured the house is legaly built with land and Nota Simple in place.

The Urbanisation will (may) be completed at some point in the future.

Until such time that the Urbanisation is complete, no Cédula can be issued. Becuase the infrastructure is incomplete.

The way I understand it is that the second or current certificate of habitation cannot be issued as no FLO exists.

Thanks once again.

TM

Like 0      
06 Feb 2016 5:32 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

I am not entirley clear on all the details of how a new urbanization is adopted, but in our case the houses were built in phases. As each phase was complete a First Licence of Occupation (FLO) was granted. There was a retention made by the council  against completiion of road works etc and landscaping at which the whole development was adopted by the council, and normal maintenance (road sweeping etc) was introduced and paid out of the council tax. You may want to aks questions about completion and adoption of the infrastructure etc, as well as confirming official electric and water supplies (as opposed to builders supplies) before signing on the dotted line. If the builder fails to complete the infrastructure, how much will that cost? Just a thought or perhaps Maria can explain in more detail.

Saludos

This message was last edited by juansheetisplenty on 06/02/2016.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2016 10:52 PM by Xabia Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hi

Does anyone know what "LOM" is?.

Am I correct in assuming it is a building license? licencia de obra mayor?

La parte compradora conoce que la vivienda carece de LOM y cédula is mentioned in the contract

This message was last edited by Xabia on 07/02/2016.

This message was last edited by Xabia on 07/02/2016.

Like 0      
08 Feb 2016 11:56 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

First Occupation licenses refers to units, irrespective of urbanisation status

LOM might be Licencia de Obra, I would need to see the deeds. Cédula refers to First Occupation License

Be careful!

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 1      
08 Feb 2016 1:07 PM by Xabia Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Would you look at the needs please?

Xabia

Like 0      
08 Feb 2016 1:37 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Don't you mean deeds Xabia?

Like 0      
08 Feb 2016 1:48 PM by Xabia Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Yes, thank you ads, I did indeed mean deeds.

Xabia

Like 0      
09 Feb 2016 11:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

La Caixa bank - 0 posts
RosieMac - 15 posts
Hola - from a Scot in Lebrija - 0 posts
Berlingo - rear parcel shelf problem - 5 posts
Building a carport but where do I buy the wood? - 3 posts
RTN news on Barclaycard - 4 posts
Are the Spanish moveing away! - 3 posts
IBI Bill - am I wrong? - 9 posts
Long term apartment required for rent - 2 posts
Another wierd question - this time electric - 1 posts
Online 210 form - questions. - 6 posts
Online 2120 form - questions. - 0 posts
UK CGT - 5 posts
mobile gas & income tax - 4 posts
Tax on Bicycles? - 16 posts
Expat rates: Get out of Britannia before you lose out - 0 posts
Changes in healthcare from 1st of July 2014 - 2 posts
Crack down on badly behaved tourists this summer - 0 posts
Tax form 720 - 25 posts
They blocked my bank account! HELP Please. - 33 posts
UK assets - 3 posts
An Infestation of Grubby and Raucous Bags of Fur - 3 posts
Really green questions - but we all have to learn to walk before we run!!! - 2 posts
Applying for "residencia" in La Linea - 8 posts
No Nudity Please - We're British!....I wish - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 54

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x