New Irish

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by Drrummer Star rating in Dublin. 2 posts Send private message

Hi folks

We have visited Mojacar previously and made several day trips to Vera Playa.  We are returning to Garucha this year for two weeks and hope to but a property in the area in the coming year.  Would love to get chatting with residents or visitors to the Vera Playa area.  Contact us here.

Hasta Luego.

D

Like 0      
12 Jul 2007 11:25 AM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
Hi Drrummer,

I'm also Irish and am living in Vera. We've been running our own business for almost a year now. When you're over feel free to drop into our office and say hi (location can be found on our website via the link below).

jfj

Like 0      
12 Jul 2007 12:34 PM by Drrummer Star rating in Dublin. 2 posts Send private message

Hey

Cool

Thanks for the quick reply.  You fancy a chat on IM ?  Will definitely drop into your office !  I assume i need to be dressed ay your offices !

Like 0      
12 Jul 2007 6:02 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Drrummer

Welcome to Eye on Spain.

We don't have instant messenger on here.....yet!

the site owner is working on it right now!

Enjoy the site & forum.

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
15 Sep 2007 12:14 AM by coast-almeria Star rating in Mojacar. 71 posts Send private message

Hi

When are you here,? we've known this area Mojacar/Vera Playa for the last 5 years and lived here for the last year. 

Good mix of people, we even have the new irish bar in mojacar for that little piece of home, maybe we could meet up for a drink or pop to one of the local Spanish beach bars, which all do great food

If you'd like any advice I'll try and help

Like 0      
16 Sep 2007 9:38 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Best part of Spain and also the area most likley to have the best property growth- new motorway now open so Mercia airport is only 45 mins and the new AVE [ High Speed Train] will stop at Vera Playa en route from Mercia to Almeria

With improved access comes economic growth followed by increase in property values

But most of us do not buy just for the property growth!...the life stye here is just great

Best weather, great views ,lots of fresh produce from the markets every day of the week in different Towns

Fresh fish and good wine

The best beach is probably San Juan de los Terreros [ in the sea there last Sunday!] although Mojacar Playa has some good ones and if you want to be nude go to Vera Playa where a part of the beach is reserved for you!!.....then there is Cabo de Gata

I accept to being biased as I have bought here......last week just outside Huercal Overa we had 4 good sized Tapas, lots of bread and 2 San Miguel all for 6 € for the two of us -and they did a lunch at 9 €- 3 choices for every course, fee bottle of wine and water plus coffee!!! 

Like 0      
16 Sep 2007 11:37 AM by coast-almeria Star rating in Mojacar. 71 posts Send private message

Hi Does anybody know when they will be announcing the route of the AVE high speed rail line? Do you think they will wait until after the elections or just get on with the job. I have been to Vera town hall and Turre town hall, but they tell me nothing. I've heard rumors that the station will be next door to Vera Hotel, then run to Turre then tunnel through the Cabreras and turn right, then either under or other the motorway towards sorbas and then generally run alongside the motorway until it gets to Almeria. If the planners had any sense they would tie the railway in with the airport at Almeria and the new airport in Corvera (how green would that be - they keep telling us to reduce our carbon foot print!). I have lived in Switzerland where they have an excellent public transport system which is integrated with airports, trains and buses and believe me it does work. I had no use for a car there. I have also lived in the area of Kent where they have a new international station opening called Ebbsfleet. It opens in November 2007 and will take around 18 mins approx into London St Pancras on eurostar. However I remember the protests way back in 1987 when the UK gov were compulsory purchasing properties in my village. So it's taken 20 years for the dream to become a reality. I just hope the Spanish government are better than the British government on that score. It will be a real boost to the area but hopefully not ruin our great area but benefit it. By the way where is that great sounding Tapas bar you mentioned? Great value, I must come and try it. I've been thinking of writing a book on restaurant and tapas bars, but maybe it's an excuse to eat until their's no room left and get slightly tipsy!

Like 0      
16 Sep 2007 11:46 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Huercal Overa Tennis Club for the cheap lunch!

I undestand that the AVE route ia about to be approved and that it will run from Mercia via Pulpi and then stop at Vera Playa from there I am not too sure but ot may follow the motorway route to Almeria

Like 0      
16 Sep 2007 12:21 PM by coast-almeria Star rating in Mojacar. 71 posts Send private message

Thks for that I will have to go and check it out next time i'm in the area. Silly question can you play tennis there? I'll take my racquet. Do you have any links on the proposed route? I didn't realise it's going through Pulpi Thks

Like 0      
16 Sep 2007 12:51 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

yes but you have to be a member to play not to eat

No links re route ...sorry

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

SOLICITOR FEES FOR SETTING UP UTILITY ACCOUNTS Etc - 10 posts
looking for long term rental property in costa del sol - 7 posts
HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY, EOS! - 43 posts
Calahonda area restaurants - - 5 posts
Your Help please. - 27 posts
Mazarron anyone? - 103 posts
Asturias, N332 Punta Prima, Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Adorable puppies urgently need a home please - 4 posts
El Ejército del Aire - Spanish Equivalent to Red Arrows - 8 posts
DOLORES - New to the forum. - 2 posts
El Pinet update on refunds! - 7 posts
Hacienda Casares - new to site - 5 posts
La Duquesa - 1 posts
Woody - 0 posts
Which Broadband - 3 posts
Phase Two will noty be ready by March - 1 posts
medical support - 2 posts
Looking for long term Rental URGENT!! from 08.08.07 - 9 posts
Algorfa - 82 posts
New features coming.... - 54 posts
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY - 12 posts
just signed up - 7 posts
Out of pocket expenses for President - 11 posts
Marie Castro.....Baby? - 29 posts
Looking to rent 1month and 2 weeks - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x