BONFIRE NIGHT & HALLOWEEN

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Oct 2012 4:23 AM by granddesignhouse Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi everyone just to let you know of the up and coming events at the Grand Design House, Casa La Pedrera situated justoff the CV95 overlooking the beautiful Torremendo Lake and specifically Bonfire Night!! 

A comment on the local radio inspired this post as the presenter mentioned there was nothing organised for Bonfire Night and I wanted to let everyone know, there certainly is ! (and a very popular one at that!)  This year Bonfire Night falls on the 5th which is a Monday  so we are celebrating it on the Sunday which is the 4th from 5pm.

In recent years it has been a country and western theme but this year we are going all out and combining it with Halloween -So its girls and guys and guys (for the bonfire) in fancy dress if you can manage it please!  - prizes for the best dressed!!

It is going to be an evening jam packed with entertainment as well as a fantastic spooky horse show with trick rider Emmay Tytherliegh who amazed audiences with her  superb skills this summer with her death defying tricks  There will also be a scary hay ride to the lake, quad trails, pony rides and even air rifle target shooting at some pumpkins.  Music  and dancing will be supplied from DJ and radio presenter Richie and the fireworks will be created by a licensed and insured spanish company - which really takes the pressure off - it was a nightmare last year trying to light the fireworks in almost galeforece conditions!! This time its all computerised with a touch of a buttom.  BBQ, Food and refreshments will be available and tickets are obtainable by calling Jenni on 660816620  and are priced at 8 euros for adults and 4 for children.  You can pay online or pick up tickets from the tea garden at the Grand Design House.  

Before that however we are also holding a Dancethon on Sunday October the 21st in aid of the AECC & Emaus.  This is our 2nd year of holding such an event and we raised over 5000 which was a fantastic result.  This year we are combining a number of dance styles jazz, modern, zumba, ballroom and latin american and have teamed up with some fantastic dance schools in the local area namely Ruth Kingsbury Dance Acadamy,  Cindy´s Zumba & Zumba with Lisa and finally Lyn Aspden of Strictly Dance.

To get involved simply choose your style of dance and get sponsored or pay 5 euros on the day.  Spectators are welcome at a euro entry and there is plenty of entertainment on offer throughout the day.  To end the afternoon,  female vocal entertainer, Marie Denise Evans will be performing so why not come up for a cream tea and enjoy the afternoon dancing and listening to some local talent.  The Grand Design House will also be open with crafts for sale, especially with Christmas around the corner, there are some fabulous, hand crafted well priced gifts on offer.  

For directions :  Just off the CV95 between the 13& 12km mark  La Fortaleza / Vista Bella Restuarant turn into the CV950 and 700 metres along just under the turbines turn left where indicated.  

Like 0      
08 Oct 2012 7:50 AM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
Might be worth narrowing it down by mentioning which Province of this large country you are in, and perhaps even the name of a nearby town?

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
08 Oct 2012 12:36 PM by granddesignhouse Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Sorry you are right,  We are just of the CV95 which is the main road that links Torrevieja and Orihuela.  We are in close proximitey to the Junction 751 (los Montesinos) AP7 motorway and the closest towns in a triangle around us are Bigastro, Los Montesinos and San Miguel.. Hope that helps!!  

Like 0      
08 Oct 2012 1:10 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I have visited the House on several occasions for different functions,my youngest daughter dances with Dance Xtreme and they did a display last christmas and did the pony rides etc....

I must say everytime i have been i have enjoyed it and it is always a good turn out.

For anyone that wants to google this and is unaware of the House,it overlooks torremendo lake and was featured on Grand designs with Kevin McCloud.

Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2012 4:03 PM by TamaraEssex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

TamaraEssex´s avatar

Hmm, I'd have to do a lot more research to track this down.  I'm sure it's fine to advertise events on here, and I'd possibly be interested in coming as I'll have a couple of friends staying then.

But most provinces have a "Torrevieja".  I can google all the roads you mention, but is there some big secret, or could you just please TELL me which province you are talking about?  You see, I live in the south, in the province of Málaga.  So, for example, if your event is in Catalunya, Galicia, La Mancha, or very many other provinces, then I probably wouldn't attend.

Would you mind awfully giving me something I can actually look up on a map?  A long list of roads doesn't help much until I can narrow down the general area.  

Sorry to be a nuisance.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
08 Oct 2012 4:08 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Tamara,

It's in the Alicante province near San Miguel de salinas,a long hike for you....

Probably 15-20 mins from Torrevieja,inland.

thingstodoinspain.info/about

pictures here..

http://thingstodoinspain.info/about

http://thingstodoinspain.info/about

This message was last edited by georgia on 08/10/2012.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2012 4:20 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I'd have thought the name of the road (CV95) might have given it away.  Local roads CV are Comunidad Valencia.  Like MU roads are Murcia, M roads are Madrid, Andalucia are A and nipping across to Almeria they start with AL.  And googling Torrevieja only comes up with one.  

Like 0      
08 Oct 2012 4:37 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Have you ever been Bob? nice day out...

Like 0      
08 Oct 2012 4:45 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I've been to Lake Torremendo and used to frequent the Black Bull when it was there.  Some nice walks around there but a bit dodgy driving due to some sharp bends which always appear to have loads of cyclists coming the other way when I go along there.  Haven't been to the house mentioned but have walked past it.  Looks very nice and I might try it.  Only about 20 minutes from where I now live.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2012 4:55 PM by TamaraEssex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

TamaraEssex´s avatar

Hi Bob - thanks, Valencia too far for me.  No, I suspect that CV roads only mean something to you eastern folks :-)

Thanks to you and Georgia for the clarification.  It's worth ALL of us on these forums remembering that Spain is a big country and we don't all know each other's neighbourhoods!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Advertising Errors in Spain - 3 posts
How would you sell a Static Caravan for Sale? - 7 posts
Air Rifles - The law in Spain? - 0 posts
Traditional townhouse wanted to buy in Jalon valley area - cash buyers - 0 posts
Wanted, long term rental from mid march 2013 couple with small dog. Honest & genuine. - 9 posts
Newbie wanting to say hi and wanting a rental from mid march 2013. - 0 posts
Question about voting at AGM - 8 posts
For SALE - Faux leather sofa bed - 0 posts
WANTED COARSE FISHING TACKLE / EQUIPMENT - 0 posts
Problems editing advert - 1 posts
Newbie Here wanting to be there :) - 1 posts
Wasjigs wanted !!?? - 0 posts
Motor Bike purchase & costs - 12 posts
Legal Wedding in Spain - 1 posts
Does anyone have their boiler serviced? - 0 posts
La Zenia Boulevard.....Amazing - 1 posts
Newbie - 0 posts
Inheritance tax - 3 posts
Is it legal for votes to be counted after the agm or egm has endec? - 1 posts
Geoff - 0 posts
Dead and Gone - 2 posts
What's happened to the Mediterranean diet? - 8 posts
Insuring your holiday home……. - 2 posts
Getting Spanish TV channels in the UK - 17 posts
Constant high interest rate by a bank - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x