Constant high interest rate by a bank

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Oct 2012 2:53 PM by Knowledge Star rating in Malaga. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, I still have problems with Unicaja. Though the interest rate around the world is about 1% , Unicaja is charging me 3.5% + normal rates which makes total up to 5-6 %  Is that legal? 

Like 0      
04 Oct 2012 11:25 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

it's legal until the the Bank of Spain says it's abusive or a judge does so. But it depends for what reason you are being charged the rates. I believe they can charge up to 2,5 times the legal interest rate on money. If it's on a loan or oustanding payment, I've seen up to 20% as a maximum. Not so long ago a customer won a court case against Sa Nostra who was charging him 24% interest.  If it's a mortgage the banks are charging euribor +2.5 at the moment and in some cases even more. It depends on a lot of factors. But there is a lot of abusive practise throughout the banks in Spain and the Bank of Spain doesn't seem to be putting it's foot down. Many are getting away with blue murder!

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish public holidays, should they be moved? - 42 posts
Casa Salvador Restaurant - Cullera - 1 posts
Cadiz heist on judicial storage unit. Incredible! - 4 posts
Off shore investement firm Abbey Financial Solutions anyone able to confirm they are legitimate? - 2 posts
Polaris World - 3 posts
council tax and income tax advice - 2 posts
FOR SALE SPANISH CAR - 2 posts
IVA on insurance premiums - 1 posts
BBC satellite frequency changes Early hours of 12 October 2012: - 0 posts
Wayne Stoneman - 0 posts
AIFOS/CajaSur partnership - 0 posts
Urban Cost of Living / Working Questions - 0 posts
why do insurance agents in Spain insure uk registered cars? - 2 posts
WANTED! Reliable garage between Fuengirola & Marbella - 6 posts
Cash bonuses for doctors in the Comunidad Valenciana. What's your view? - 4 posts
Expat Property Agents Fees ! - 44 posts
Caravan wanted - 0 posts
Internet food shopping - 1 posts
Any off road clubs in the Tarragona region? - 1 posts
dire situation in spain - 5 posts
Ryder Cup - 1 posts
The easiest job in spain - 0 posts
What Fruit and Veg are at their best now? - 10 posts
Wasjigs - 0 posts
mobile phones - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x