Any info on Almerimar?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 May 2011 12:00 AM by telaraña Star rating in London. 5 posts Send private message

telaraña´s avatar

Hi -

I've travelled to most places along the Spanish coastline but never managed to cover the part between Malaga and Cartagena.

Now looking at places like La Herradura and Mojacar as possible early retirement locations, but have now come across Almerimar in my searches online.   Looks modern and 'on the way up' as far as I can see.

Hope to come down in Sept and rent a place for 6 months or so to have a better look around.

Anyone got any 'insider info' about the area?  All advice / tips and warnings welcome.

Thanks!

Like 0      
17 May 2011 4:38 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

As EOS forum seems to be so quiet these days (sadly) you could do better looking at this ( Almerimar community).

Like 0      
17 May 2011 4:57 PM by telaraña Star rating in London. 5 posts Send private message

telaraña´s avatar

Thanks - I'll take a look.

Robin

Like 0      
18 May 2011 12:40 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

I don't know about Almerimar but Mojacar is a lovely typical white washed spanish village set up in the hills.  There are a lot of very nice appartments and duplexes in the area.  Places like Palomares (walking distance to  the sea and a short drive to Mojacar and Vera) have 2 bed appartments with communal swiming pools from around 60,000 euros.   The area is not overly busy even in the summer months.  We have been on the beach in August with just a handful of other people around.  The area is much more Spanish than other areas like parts of Costa Blanca and Costa Del Sol - it depends what you want really.

Like 0      
18 May 2011 1:04 PM by telaraña Star rating in London. 5 posts Send private message

telaraña´s avatar

Thanks for the information.  I'm looking forward to seeing Mojacar, but I didn't realise it was inland.

I guess I'm really looking for places close to the sea / beach, which is why Almerimar looked good from the photos I've seen. 

Having said that, I'd prefer to be away from the busiest tourist areas.   Palomares sounds interesting from that point of view, so I will take a look there too.

Thanks again.

Like 0      
18 May 2011 1:20 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

Mojacar is split into 2 - the playa which is right on the beach and the old village which is about 2 miles in land.  Allthough the village is very charming most people like to be in the newer properties on or near the playa.   Mojacar Playa is more expensive that the villages just a small distance away like Palomares and Vera Playa - it depends what you want but (as in most of Spain) there is a lot of property for sale.   I think the prices in this part of Spain are still a lot cheaper than in Costa Del Sol.  

If you are interested look at my property on the following website it may give you a better idea of the area.  Like I say there are appartments for sale from about 60,000 euros (ours was more as it is a duplex and quite a bit bigger) .

http://www.spain-holiday.com/rentals/accommodations/properties/10862/Villaricos/0/Almeria/0/Andalucia/Villaricos.html

Like 0      
18 May 2011 1:49 PM by telaraña Star rating in London. 5 posts Send private message

telaraña´s avatar

Thanks again. The apartment and the village look really nice.  

Will have to have a good look around the area when I come down.

I'm going to rent somewhere for at least 6 months before I decide on where to buy a place.

Like 0      
18 May 2011 7:01 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Hi telarana,

www.almerimarlife.com may have some decent information. Give it a look as it wont cost you anything. Nigela, Mojacar and its surrounding areas are supposed to be secret, if we tell everyone about it, wont be long before it becomes crowded.

Best wishes.

Tech

Like 0      
20 May 2011 1:13 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

Hi Telarana

I think renting somewhere is definelty the best idea - you need to see an area in low season as well as in the high season.   Also when you are in an area there is plenty of time to look around to see what properties are for sale.  There are always some people who are desperate to sell and willing to take an offer lower than the norm - if you are living in the area then it is much easier to buy such a property.

Yes I know what you mean Tech but there are so many empty and half built properties one or two more people in the area will help.

Like 0      
20 May 2011 6:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Tech, I suggested that 17 May 2011 16:38

Like 0      
26 May 2011 4:02 PM by telaraña Star rating in London. 5 posts Send private message

telaraña´s avatar

Been away for a week, so apologies for not replying sooner. Thanks for all advice received.

Am now looking at Almerimarlife as suggested.

Something in their newsletter about health issues (coughing, etc) because of 'the El Ejido Waste Management' ?

Anyone aware of that, and does it affect Mojacar and the surrounding area?

Thanks again.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Any lawyer/someone with experience who could be kind and help explain the squatting rights in Spain please - 8 posts
Pet supplies - 2 posts
cant wait to leave uk for good - 0 posts
Televes satelite receiver Spain. uk programmes - 1 posts
Tipping in spain.What do you do? - 7 posts
Healthcare for ex Servicemen - 2 posts
carpet fitting in spain - 6 posts
Norman Sands - 45 posts
help anyone ENDESA - 6 posts
renualt grand scenic for sale - 0 posts
looking for a long term rental - 1 posts
Summer Schools in Spain - 7 posts
Makes you proud to be British - NOT !! - 0 posts
Makes you proud to be English - - NOT!! - 41 posts
Potential Legal Problems With Car I Dont Own - 4 posts
Tax implications for Renting my Apartment - 0 posts
Hope someone can help!! - 8 posts
Moving to spain - help - 2 posts
long term rental ?????????? - 3 posts
fuegirola car impound - 0 posts
Frienldy, reliable cleaning and key holding etc required for two apartments in Guardamar - 3 posts
SENDING MONEY BACK TO THEV UK - 6 posts
illegal houses in spain - 0 posts
Transferring property into sole name - 14 posts
Car Insurance - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x