SENDING MONEY BACK TO THEV UK

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 May 2011 12:00 AM by bob.dunford6 Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

PLEASE NEED IDEA'S YOU SEE I HAVE BEEN TOLD THE BEST WAY TO SEND ANY MONEY BACK TO THE UK ISC THROUGH THE CAM BANK.MORE YOU SENDLES YOU HAVE TO PAY.SO THEY SAY.CAN ANY ONE OUT THERE ADVISE ME WHAT IS BEST.THANK YOU

Like 0      
15 May 2011 12:43 PM by Honeywater Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

I'm not sure that's the cheapest way. CAM bank charges 5 per 1000 (0.5%). La Caixa charges a bit less, 0.35%, I think. Not sure if your bank in the UK will  levy any charges por receiving the money.

I also need to bring sosme money back and am thinking of using a FX agent. It would be helpful if others could share their ideas.

Like 0      
15 May 2011 12:56 PM by bob.dunford6 Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

HIGH HONEY WATER .THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROMT REPLY THE 5 % IS A CHARGE THEN THERE IS OF COURSE THE EXCHANGE RATE AT THE TIME.DO THEY EXCHANGE THE MONEY FIRST HERE IN SPAIN TO ENGLISH.OR DOES THE ENGLISH BANK DO THIS.YOU SEE I AM LOOOKINGB INTO THE BEST WAY.SO WHEN YOU SAYB SEND 5 000 EUROS BACK WHAT WILL YOU HAVE IN THE BANK IN ENGLAND,YOU SEE WE HAVE A LOT OF PEOPLE THINKING OF SELLING UP AND GOING BACK TO THE UK..AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY THEY WILL HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER PROPERTY IN THE UK,,

Like 0      
15 May 2011 7:55 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

You can usually choose how to send the currency, ie tell the bank you want to send xxxxxGBP from your euro account to GBP account, that way the euro account decides the exchange rate, or send  xxxxxEuro to GBP account, then the receiving bank decides on the exchange rate. I would always use a broker who are much better value, (better exchange rate and no charges) to send large amounts and you know the exchange rate exactly how much will be received and how much it costs when you make the transaction.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
16 May 2011 9:16 AM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Dont send it back via Halifax / Lloyds bank i did 2 years and got stung, they will charge you 0.5%,i did it on 80k i was well ripped off.

Like 0      
16 May 2011 10:05 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

As most of you know, we always deal with Moneycorp and they currently have a special deal in place with a Spanish bank whereby they can send your funds back to the UK for just €275, regardless of the amount of be sent.

I don't have all the details but if you speak to Michael Campbell at their office in Spain he can give you the low down on it.

Email:  Michael.Campbell@moneycorp.com

Phone: +34 951 319 700

Hope that helps

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 May 2011 5:17 PM by mattresscleaning Star rating in FUENGIROLA. 106 posts Send private message

I always use currencies direct for my transfers as they save me the international transfer fees. They simply transfer from their spanish branch to uk branch then pay your money as a local transfer, and vica versa obviously!

I use them for everything from emergency funding (like car repairs) to larger amounts for business machinery, etc.

Obviously this is just my preference, I can´t comment on other FX agencies either positively or negatively.

The guy I use is called Keith Spitalnick and you can get him on +34 902 310 444 (main office number)

hope this helps,

Ryan

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

illegal houses in spain - 0 posts
Transferring property into sole name - 14 posts
Car Insurance - 4 posts
Beach Front Properties - Subject to Depreciation - 4 posts
Troublesome pet - 1 posts
european law - 0 posts
That Wedding.... - 1 posts
Wanted - Catering equipment - 0 posts
La Caixa Bank Guarentee that is unpaid - 7 posts
Not Signs of the Times - 0 posts
Direct debit payments for Community fees - 5 posts
No bank guarantee - La Caixa obliged to refund deposits. - 0 posts
Guardia at Manilva - 3 posts
car info - 4 posts
PROPERTY TAXES FOR NON RESIDENTS - 8 posts
ILLEGALLY HOUSES IN SPAIN - 0 posts
Joe Molloy - 1 posts
Grandfather Colcks in Spain - 1 posts
ILLEGALLY HOUSES IN SPAIN - 1 posts
A7-E15 that passes via Lorca en route to Murcia - 2 posts
HUELVA PROVINCE - NEW AIRPORT - 3 posts
Ferguson Ariva 100E Set Up - 8 posts
Earthquake near Lorca Murcia - 42 posts
Renault Scenic for sale - 0 posts
Transfer to another bank - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x