Madeleine McCann, aged 3, abducted in Portugal

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Sep 2007 2:12 PM by bluefox Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

i thought will i or won't i....! but sorry folk's can't help but voice my opinion on this,  where my and everyone elses heart's go out for maddy, i personally find it difficult to sympathize with her parent's, how any one can leave kid's unattended (no matter where) at that age is totally beyond me, what was wrong with bringing you're kid's along with you? sleeper buggies comes to mind (pushchair's) two, two year old's and a four year old.....? ? what's the problem ? as we all know bar's, cafe's etc. in that part of the world are all child friendly, and made very welcome. i wonder how parent's with a lesser profession would have been treated, my guess is they probably would have been arrested for negligence, instead (by the media) are letting themselves look like celebs, i could go on, better not. just an old fashioned raised individual.

Like 0      
02 Sep 2007 6:31 PM by Impey Star rating in London/Playa Flamenc.... 82 posts Send private message

Impey´s avatar

Where is missing Maddy? Every day I hope she will be found.

When my disabled mother was alive, I used to go down in the evening and put her into bed.  I used to take my children with me, not an easy thing as I had many stairs where I live and she had many stairs (no lift for either of us).

Whatever the weather I would  be pushing the pushchair and getting onto  and off a bus, and this was as well as working full time.

One day many years later when the children were bigger, one of my neighbours said to me that she had been working in a hotel near my mother's and that she had even seen me struggling through the snow on one occasion and how had I done it.  I replied that I had done my best and I would not have dreamed of leaving them behind or letting my mother down.

I dealt with my situation in the way I believed was right for us at that time and I can now sleep with a clear conscience.

Impey

Like 0      
02 Sep 2007 11:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Impey, hi Bluefox

I think we all feel much the same as you both, my husband & I certainly do. However, we have managed to keep this thread about a beautiful 4 yr old who is missing, rather than how we feel about her parents' actions & it would be good if we didn't dwell too much on that. Your posts tugged at my heartstrings & you are correct , don't think I'm disagreeing.

Bluefox said "just an old fashioned raised individual" Me too, Bluefox, me too.

Don't forget to keep looking at Madeleine's website   http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/

Like 0      
02 Sep 2007 11:39 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes I agree, I must admit I feel the same as More.   But I am of  the old school as well and have had to look after parents but you just got on with it.   I just wish they could find Maddy be it good or bad and put an ending to it.  Pat 

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 10:15 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

like everyone, i just hope for a good ending to this, but please don't start blaming the parents, they have suffered beyond belief. We all love our children, old school or not, and i'm sure they believed they were safe at the time and would come to no harm.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 11:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Let's concentrate on Madeleine, look I'll repost her photos.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 9/3/2007.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 4:27 PM by bluefox Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

sorry, but that was my whole point, who else was to blame ? ? will definitely say no more...............!

Like 0      
06 Sep 2007 12:02 PM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar

At last...someone has come out and said what I'm sure many people have been thinking. I too hope that little Madeleine will be found but I have this anger for the parents. If these two had been in the UK then they would have had the other two children taken into care. I was a single parent and brought both my children up on my own.....but never left them unattended, so there is no excuse., Especially on a family holiday..I thought that was what holidays were for, to be together and enjoy prime time.I could go on , but it's about time that the parents were brought to task on how they have conducted themselves.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2007 12:29 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Fruit, how are you my friend ? Good, I hope.

Whilst I agree with you & have said I feel the same anger it's not going to help if we use this thread to pull Madeleine's parents apart. I suspect there are many who leave kids in similar situations to have their own time on holiday. Whatever we feel about this couple it's nothing to what they think of themselves. I was reading a forum about this a few days ago & was horrified to read some remarks & would hate this thread to disintegrate into the same. Hopefully parents will think twice before leaving youngsters unattended even though they do feel it's not a security issue. Please let others learn from this very sad & totally avoidable situation. 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 9/7/2007.

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 8:39 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

...........just heard on the news that Madeleine's mother is to be formally named as a suspect today, after 11 hours of questioning. Desperate news and so so sad.

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 8:51 AM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar

Hi ...I too have just heard the News and read updates on the website news...friends of the family are saying that the police are doing this so that they can ask questions that they haven't been able to ask before.. and they need to do this !!!!!! If it was me I would answer anything to find my child.

Also Morerosado, sorry but I think your last coment sould read SAD & AVOIDABLE situation.

I just hope that all these questions will bring to task whoever is responsible for the poor lost little girl !!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 9:38 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Have been busy getting ready to fly later to Spain but I heard news too.

Fruit, I've amended what I wrote, how did I make such a stupid mistake ?

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 9:50 AM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar

Sorry Moreosado...wasn't having a go I knew what you ment. Weather here is still nice although a bit chilly 1st thing, a nice respite. Anyway, have a good trip and enjoy..

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 9:54 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I knew you weren't Frut, lol. Well you spelt my name wrong too

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 6:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Photo Girl 'Is Not Missing Madeleine'

The recent photo purportedly showing Madeleine McCann is not of the missing girl, according to reports from Morocco.
Sky News understands the girl is from a local family.

http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/

This message was last edited by morerosado on 9/26/2007.

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 1:30 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article322443.ece

POLICE in Portugal piled fresh torment on Madeleine McCann’s parents yesterday by claiming SIX other kids were with her the night she disappeared.

The bizarre theory – that the couple’s friends left their own children in the fateful holiday apartment to go out – emerged as the country’s No2 cop took over the case of the missing four-year-old.

Click on above link to read more.

http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 9:40 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

I haven't read this thread because i am sick to the back teeth of seeing it on the front page of the paper every day for months on end.

What about Ben? What about all the other children who have gone missing?

Although I have some sympathy with the parents, I find it unforgivable that they could leave such young children alone.

These publicity seeking parents have taken the attention and probably funding away from others who have lost children too. (through no fault of their own)

Sorry if I sound hard but that's how I feel.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
10 Feb 2008 12:35 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I hope no one minds if I bump this up with the new website http://www.findmadeleine.com/ which was released 1st February.

WATCH VIDEO for the International Centre for missing and exploited children.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/10/2008.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2008 11:42 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 12:10 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

More I read the Mail today that was not in our paper. Pat

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Take advantage of my ads - 3 posts
Is it as bad as we are all lead to beleive!!? - 50 posts
Patio door security gates & window grille for sale - Costa Blanca - 9 posts
Long term rental - 5 posts
Breakdown cover AA,? Green Flag ? or a good Spainish one...... - 3 posts
Spanish Sweepstake Scam - 0 posts
Check your bills - 3 posts
Premier Marbella International - 0 posts
Villas & Views has any one used them? - 0 posts
Gillespie where are you? - 4 posts
Wanted17"or 19" Computer Monitor CRT or LCD - 2 posts
New To Dream Hills 2 Area - looking for a few tips! - 2 posts
Commuting from the UK.....anyone doing it? - 7 posts
For Emma - 2 posts
my penthouse in casares for your london flat - 0 posts
my penthouse in casares for your london flat - 4 posts
nursing in spain - 2 posts
Habitation licence - 56 posts
Wanted - New or nearly new, King Size bed/frame - 14 posts
Community Rules - 13 posts
Community Questions - 4 posts
spanish bank accounts - 38 posts
Radio Phones - 8 posts
URBANIZATION COMMITTEE - SNAGGING BEFORE HANDOVER OF ALL AREAS TO COMMUNITY COMMITTEE - 10 posts
Buyer wants your thoughts - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 137

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x