Community Rules

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 May 2007 12:00 AM by DaveAilsa Star rating in Tallentire, UK, Los .... 101 posts Send private message

Hi All,
We are just starting the process of putting together thoughts on the rules we would like to propose for our community (Los Olivos in Urb. Huerta Nueva in Los Gallardos).
I seem to remember someone once posted to this forum the rules they had in place for their community - this would be a very good starting point for us - can anyone remember who posted something like that and where that post might be ?

Second question : it looks like the builder has appointed a company called Marinasol to act as Adminstrator for our community - does anyone have any good or bad experiences with Marinasol ?  (I've seen postings on another forum indicating they are unreliable and difficult to work with).

Dave

Like 0      
06 May 2007 10:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

There were some examples of rules for the pool here: http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/ForumPosts.aspx?thread=147&dev=FB34&name=Running%20a%20Community Maybe that's what you remembered seeing?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 May 2007 11:20 PM by DaveAilsa Star rating in Tallentire, UK, Los .... 101 posts Send private message

Thanks Roberto - yes that was exactly what I was after.

Dave

Like 0      
07 May 2007 12:01 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Dave,

Can i suggest you take your e-mail out of your signaute in your profile please?

For you own benefit, else you will have all sorts of unsolicited e-mails hitting you box.

See rules of posting above each thread, only for your benefit ok?

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
04 Jun 2007 7:15 PM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

Please find following the general rules we incorporated for our community. A good tip is to get them translated into Spanish, german, French and stick the up in the lifts (if you have a french family in the block install a french copy in the lift as they are likely to have french guests, english is a general language) this has been particuarly useful as people read things when they are in lifts so let them read the community rules!!!!

Community Rules

Please observe the following rules for the benefit of all residents:
Use of the gardens and swimming pool
•Ball games are not permitted in the gardens or other communal areas.
•Roller blades, skateboards and scooters are forbidden within the development.
•Cutting flowers and climbing trees is not permitted.
•Dogs and other animals are not permitted in the communal areas unless they are on a
lead.
•The swimming pool is open daily until 21.00 or until sunset if earlier than 21.00. There
should be no swimming when the pool is being cleaned.
•It is forbidden to take glasses, glass bottles to the pool area.
•Objects should never be thrown into the swimming pool.
•Only inflatable swimming aids will be allowed in the pool. Unattended lilos or boats will
be removed.
•Users must shower before using the pool.
•Sun beds cannot be reserved by placing towels or personal objects on them.
•Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
•Rubbish and litter must not be left in the gardens or pool area.
•It is forbidden to leave food for animals in the gardens.
•Personal items must be removed from the gardens and pool area at the end of each
day.
•Users of the pool do so at their own risk.

Use and appearance of buildings
•Towels, items of linen and clothing must not be hung over balcony rails. 
•Nothing should be thrown from any balcony or window or from the terrace  (especially cigarette ends).
•When watering terrace plants, ensure that the water is not allowed to splash on the
areas below.
•Washing cars is not permitted in the garages but only at the hosepipe next to the
entrance 
•Children are not allowed to play in the lifts, stairways, entrances, garages or driveways.
•Do not overload the lifts.
•Domestic rubbish must be deposited in the bins provided at the front of the development
and not left in the garages or stairways. Please ensure that the lids of the bins are
closed after use.

General
•At all times, please remember that other residents may be sleeping and conduct your
behaviour accordingly.
•Residents or guests shall be responsible for any damage caused by themselves or their
children in the communal areas and will be charged for the cost of repairs.
•The  Community and its officers will not be responsible from any
claim arising from the use of the facilities and equipment.
_
_
It was agreed to investigate the legal implications of the prohibition to dive or jump into the
pool.
Owners who rent their apartments were asked to display the Community rules inside. It was
also agreed to display these at each entrance, lift and in the pool area.

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

"A day without sunshine is like.................night"

Like 0      
05 Jun 2007 7:42 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Hi, I have read your Community rules and they are, in effect, similar to our own. Each of our 184 apartments have had a copy ( I personally helped put each copy...in a plastic folder.....under each door ) and they are displayed in each block........we have two.

Pool rules are repeated four times in the pool area.

What I want to know is................................why don't people READ them..................and why don't they act accordingly ??????????? AND why does most of the Community think they have no responsibility to make sure these rules are kept ?????????

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
05 Jun 2007 7:49 PM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

ts called breeding

those that dont have any respect for others dont expect anyone to have any respect for them. So they live in a cocooned world where everyone outside their close circle of friends hates them and they hate the world and act accordingly to piss everyone else off while they live in their self centred environment........................... just got back from a bad meeting so speaking my mind not the politically correct response you might have wanted to hear?

I was brought up with the rule....do unto others as you would like them to do to you......its kept me in good stead, but i dont think these people had this sort of up bringing.

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

Like 0      
05 Jun 2007 8:02 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Well go for it !!!!!

Never mind about political correctness................I think you've hit the nail on the head !! It is a well known fact that holiday makers leave their brains at the airport when they depart But I suppose I had hoped for a little more from the resident owners ( not all of them are mindless, I must add, before I start a war )

I don`t know about breeding..my Dad was a railwat signalman and my Mum was a telephonist and I was brought up in industrial Sheffield........................so my breeding was nothing to write home about................but I know what is right and wrong and what is fair and how to treat others, which is as you say.  So I find it a bit hard that others do not behave in the same way.................RESPECT.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
05 Jun 2007 8:43 PM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

Breeding is about the way you were brought up not about the standard of living you had, like you i'm from a humble background with honest hardworking parents that taught us what was wrong and right.

We could do with a few more residents like you on our community.

Like 0      
05 Jun 2007 11:22 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Hear hear! RESPECT is the keyword.

At the risk of being branded a bigot or a snob, and of starting a dangerous discussion, would you say it's not only breeding, but also possibly a question of culture? Maybe the two are closely related? Dare I ask, who are the worst offenders in your communities? Owners or tennants? Spanish or foreigners? I know of one community in a small coastal town east of Malaga which is predominantly German owned, and apparently everything runs like clockwork and nobody ever breaks the rules.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Jun 2007 10:35 AM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Hi   promedia    We used to live your area until about  4 years ago   and we had  community rules just like yours,  most of the time it was ok  but  sometimes all hell would break loose and all the rules were broken over a time scale of about 2-3 weeks, the main things were  , Playing football in garden area,   so many floating objets in the pool (and Children ) not very easy to see the water never mind a swim,  glass / bottles in pool area , rubbish left around , and late night noise, they were the worst problems , and if you said a word you would often get abuse back and told we are on holiday and here to enjoy ourselves , the worst offenders were sadly the Brits. I think trying to live full time on a community like this is not a good life style and can be hell at times and its hard to close your eyes to the things going on around you,   I wish i knew the solution and i dont think your the only one who has these problems with community life.      Regds Rosi n

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 12:07 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi All

I have posted an enquiry in running a community, thought i would try here. Has anybody got an answer or could you help with the query?

Many Thanks

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 12:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Gina, I've posted info in here click on link >>  Community Charges

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 1:40 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Community Questions - 4 posts
spanish bank accounts - 38 posts
Radio Phones - 8 posts
URBANIZATION COMMITTEE - SNAGGING BEFORE HANDOVER OF ALL AREAS TO COMMUNITY COMMITTEE - 10 posts
Buyer wants your thoughts - 4 posts
house swap - 0 posts
Bank Accounts - 22 posts
Done the deed!!!! - 7 posts
HABITATION LICENCE - 3 posts
EXCITING NEWS FOR THE REMORTGAGE/EQUITY RELEASE MARKET - 4 posts
Hope The Thieves in Spain don't hear about THIS gem - 0 posts
MAY 4TH BE WITH YOU! - 0 posts
Envious future owners at torre alcantara vincent & brona - 37 posts
General poll on buying Property - 9 posts
EVERYONE - Please read this, very important - 7 posts
Man and Van Wanted UK - Murcia - 7 posts
Spanish Law On Disabled Access To Communal Swimming Pools - 17 posts
E-learning Spanish - 0 posts
Senior Account Manager - Madrid - 3 posts
How to get to NAPLES? - 17 posts
have the agents been wiped out in the property war - 162 posts
Crash in Spanish Property Market - 25 posts
The Real Criminals - 0 posts
Spa Valley, I need some info. - 2 posts
Angel de Miraflores - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x