Madeleine McCann, aged 3, abducted in Portugal

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jun 2007 6:35 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Please let them find her it will be such a relief  for the parents. Pat

Like 0      
29 Jun 2007 8:03 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Conrad's story about border control is so true.

Within days of Maddy going missing, my Daughter, Husband and Granddaughter, travelled back to the UK from Spain.

Our Granddaughter is blonde, same length hair as Maddy and nearly four years old.

At Gatwick, passport control checked their passports:

My Daughter's is in her maiden name of Chester, her Husband's is in his birth name of Atkin and Jessica's is in her birth name Rivers (Don't ask, it's too confusing, but all legal I assure you!)

Passport control looked at them and said, so who does Jessica belong to?

Us they answered, she's our Daughter .........(quite true)

With a smile, they let them through with no questions asked.......................work that one out!!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
19 Jul 2007 8:54 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Have had sky news FLASH that Robert Murat is being questioned again as some witnesses say he was not at home as he says.   Let us hope they have a result.  Pat  

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 8:40 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar
Another sighting.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 8:44 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

It was on all the news channels, I'll find & post a link

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/4/2007.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 10:21 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

lets hope something comes of this lead this time .. i cant start to think how her family must be feeling ... they have had to endure so many false leads in the past

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 10:25 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Sandra and Em,

Sandra I missed the news what's happened? I caught a snippet about a restaurant? But don't know where?

P.S. saw your sig, I haven't had a fag for 2 weeks now, gonna try and do it this time!!!!!

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 10:31 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Hi Candyfloss

A lady who is a child therapist saw a child like madelaine with an english speaking woman and dutch speaking man.  She reported to police immediately, but by the time she got back to the table they had gone

police have taken glass child was drinking from for DNA analysis.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 10:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

New sighting was detailed on BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6929467.stm

Watch  official website on http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 11:14 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Thank you,

Let's hope they will find her safe and sound.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2007 1:26 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

The DNA on a glass was that of a male ! It was obviously hoped it was Madeleine's. 

No evidence was found at Murat's mother's home.

Where is Madeleine ?

http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/

Like 0      
11 Aug 2007 1:29 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Lone piper lament for Madeleine
Madeleine McCann
It has been 100 days since Madeleine McCann disappeared
A lone piper has played a specially-composed lament in Glasgow to mark 100 days since the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in Portugal.

Members of the four-year-old's family, who believe Madeleine is still alive, were at the event.

The youngster went missing from a holiday apartment in Praia Da Luz on the 3 May, as her parents dined nearby.

The piper played the tune on Glasgow Green during the World Pipe Band Championships.

An appeal was also being broadcast on big screens across the site.

More than 1,000 potential leads have been followed up since Madeleine went missing, with reported sightings around the world including Argentina, Switzerland, Malta, France, Guatemala and Belgium.

Police are testing traces of blood found by sniffer dogs in the bedroom from which she was taken and investigating other possible leads.

Her mother Kate and father Gerry, who is originally from Glasgow, have remained in the resort since her disappearance, and have said they are determined to stay.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2007 1:34 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

August 11, 2007 Taken from http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/index.php?storyID=8144

Intercepted telephone calls and emails between the McCanns and their friends have "confirmed the death of Madeleine" say police, according to one Portuguese newspaper today. The intercepts are said to have been made in a joint operation conducted by Portuguese and British police officers.

Diario de Noticias reports investigators have already concluded that the missing four-year-old was killed in the apartment where she slept in Praia da Luz.

It says that Maddy's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann (right), and their friends who were holidaying at the Ocean Club, will be brought in for further questioning. Police are awaiting new tests from the McCanns' Renault Scenic.

According to another paper, Jornal de Noticias, police want to examine inconsistencies in the statements of Kate and Gerry McCann, who were

interviewed separately late into the night early on in the investigation. In particular, they want to focus on a three-hour period in which only the McCanns saw Madeleine.

Respected news agency Lusa quotes one police source saying that they think "there's light at the end of the tunnel" and that the authorities have "an idea of what could have happened" to the four-year-old.

Police have known "for a month" that Madeleine had died in the apartment, it is widely reported. The tabloid newspaper 24 Horas says that the police are looking for Madeleine's body in the sea, helped by English sniffer dogs. They have intensified searches around the nearby town of Lagos and along the Algarvian coast, it says.

Blood found in the apartment two days ago has arrived in Britain for DNA analysis: a result can be expected inside 48 hours.

FIRST POSTED AUGUST 8, 2007

Like 0      
11 Aug 2007 9:18 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well Morerosado,   I do not know that I believe all this.  Would you have wanted to stay on in Portugal if you knew you was guilty I know I would have wanted to get away as soon as possible.   I find it all very strange.  Or is the media trying to beak them down. Well we might see an outcome soon let's hope.  Pat 

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 8/11/2007.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2007 11:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
It's all very strange, isn't it, Pat ? Nothing on news & after this paper's content, I'm sure there would've been something said. It's a nightmare.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2007 11:26 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I pray that this child will reap her own justice.

Be she living, or god forbid dead, whoever has had a hand in her fate, will forever fear their shadow.

God bless sweet baby..................

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
11 Aug 2007 11:37 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi have just watched the news and they have said the Parents are not suspects, so who else have they got lined up some of their friends were also checking the children, if you believe what the media tells you.  I hope their is a result soon Pat

Like 0      
12 Aug 2007 12:13 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Just watched news ourselves & Portugese police now say that they believe Madeleine is dead after certain things have emerged over past few days but stress her parents are not suspects.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 2:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Madeleine sighting in Cartagena taken from http://www.coastrider.net/ (page http://www.coastrider.net/news_main.htm scroll down)

Don't forget to keep looking at her website   http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/

Police are investigating reports of a possible Madeleine McCann sighting in Cartagena.
Reports indicate that two women called the Guardia Civil in Cartagena at 7.45pm on Tuesday evening, convinced they had spotted the missing child being forced into a car in a nearby petrol station. The women claimed that when the man accompanying the little girl noticed he was being watched, he pushed the child into a green Citroen ZX car and hid her face. The man is described of being tanned with brown eyes and around 1.75 metres in height.
Reports indicate that since the sighting, police have placed extra patrols in the area in case the child should be spotted again.
The possible sighting comes in the same week in which Madeleine's parents gave a frank interview with Spanish newspaper El Mundo, claiming they believe their daughter is still alive and in Spain.
Madeleine went missing on May 3rd from the family's holiday apartment in Portugal.
A Leddy

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 3:42 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I sooooooo hope this little girl is found alive and well. As for the people who have taken her, I cannot think of a punishment that is harsh enough.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Take advantage of my ads - 3 posts
Is it as bad as we are all lead to beleive!!? - 50 posts
Patio door security gates & window grille for sale - Costa Blanca - 9 posts
Long term rental - 5 posts
Breakdown cover AA,? Green Flag ? or a good Spainish one...... - 3 posts
Spanish Sweepstake Scam - 0 posts
Check your bills - 3 posts
Premier Marbella International - 0 posts
Villas & Views has any one used them? - 0 posts
Gillespie where are you? - 4 posts
Wanted17"or 19" Computer Monitor CRT or LCD - 2 posts
New To Dream Hills 2 Area - looking for a few tips! - 2 posts
Commuting from the UK.....anyone doing it? - 7 posts
For Emma - 2 posts
my penthouse in casares for your london flat - 0 posts
my penthouse in casares for your london flat - 4 posts
nursing in spain - 2 posts
Habitation licence - 56 posts
Wanted - New or nearly new, King Size bed/frame - 14 posts
Community Rules - 13 posts
Community Questions - 4 posts
spanish bank accounts - 38 posts
Radio Phones - 8 posts
URBANIZATION COMMITTEE - SNAGGING BEFORE HANDOVER OF ALL AREAS TO COMMUNITY COMMITTEE - 10 posts
Buyer wants your thoughts - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 137

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x