Help. Wireless router and iberbanda desktop connection

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by Onelifeliveit Star rating in Almunecar Jete Grana.... 28 posts Send private message

Onelifeliveit´s avatar

Hi

I have satalite Iberbanda and I want to connect a G+ Router to my desktop to be able to use a separtate laptop around the house/terrace etc.

I am unsure of how to do this and whether any sort of router will connect to the modem provided with Iberabda? I can only see one spare socket in the modem which looks like its for a phone?

I got confused when I went to buy  this Belkin Wifi Wireless Virgin Cable G+ 125MBPS Router and in the description is says Connects to cable or DSL modem and enables broadband Internet access, and This item is for Cable broadband (NTL, Virgin Media customers) we also sell ADSL routers for BT customers on seperate auctions.

Hope some one can clear this up so I can go ahead and purchase a router with confidence that I am buying the correct one.

Many thanks

Like 0      
16 Jan 2010 11:34 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I have a Belkin router "chugging away" on my Iberbanda connection. You must however ensure it is for a cable internet connection and not with a built in adsl modem for a fixed line. All you do is plug a LAN cable into the router and into the Iberbanda box, it sorts itself out and no passwords are needed. You then just set up your wireless connection by opening a browser and typing in http://192.168.2.1 to get to the configuration page.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

APARTMENTS WANTED FOR LONG AND SHORT TERM MIJAS COSTA - 1 posts
COFFEE TABLE FOR SALE WENGUE COLOUR ONLY 60 EUROS MIJAS COSTA - 0 posts
SINGLE BED with MATRESS, BRAND NEW FOR SALE, 80 EUROS ONLY. MIJAS COSTA - 0 posts
Ford Transit Van Wanted!! - 0 posts
Increase in Land Registry & Notary Tariffs for 2010 - 0 posts
Justin, Could you do me a favour please? - 3 posts
UK Car Insurance - 3 posts
selling uk car in spain - 2 posts
Car Hire Full/Full - 2 posts
Registering a new baby in Malaga-warning! - 2 posts
Nightmare with connecting water via Aquagest HELP - 6 posts
Ending a Business in Spain - 1 posts
property transfer from Spanish SL to uk limited company - 3 posts
Manilva and surrounding areas - 1 posts
I NEED YOUR ADVICE. SHOULD I CREATE A BLOG! - 11 posts
how do i delete a blog? - 1 posts
Driving Spanish car from UK to Spain with no ITV - 11 posts
Justin Still can't view web cam - 8 posts
mobil phones - 0 posts
Real Domestic Appliances- gone bust - 0 posts
Illegal developments - next steps - 1 posts
is there a way to delete a blog - 2 posts
Setting up a freelance business - 0 posts
high electricity bills - 8 posts
Anyone got experience of getting residencia in Malaga? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x