murcia ? within my budget nice area ? algorfa , cabo roig, san miquel de salinas any thoughts

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by connas007 Star rating. 43 posts Send private message

i am looking to buy a property in spain algorfa cabo roig and san miquel de salinas all seem nice on the net does anyone have any advice i am attracted  to murcia for the airports and the price but would like to know as much as poss. before i visit  any thoughts would be greatly appreciated .#

Dave

Like 0      
09 Jul 2009 10:18 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Dave,

welcome to the forum.

Try  Georgia (alias Shaun) on the forum he has an estate agent's in Algorfa called  Distant Shores.   Their is a lot of recomendations on this forum, people that he has helped.  He is trustworthy and honest.  Hope this helps, I like Algorfa, we are not to far from there.

Good Luck Pat    

Like 0      
10 Jul 2009 11:17 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

The best thing you can do Dave is to get on a plane and have a look, September is a very nice month to do that and the flights will be cheaper than July/August

Stay around Orihuela Costa as it is quite central for having a look around Costa Blanca South and Mercia You can fly into Alicante or Murcia [ San Javier] , which ever is cheaper

For car hire many of us use carjet .com but there are other portals

if you have time it may be worth a trip over to Almeria between Aguilas and Mojacar, quieter and prices in general a bit cheaper

Now is a good time as there are some good deals, the norm is for 'asking prices' for new ready now to be down 25/30%, and re sales eg Duplex in Mercia previous asking price 185.000 € now 140.000 €

Also there are distressed sales about but these can go quite quickly

However, no use buying something just because it is cheap...it has to be what you want

Today when buying you can see what you are getting but it is best to make sure that most of the units are already sold, nothing worse than being in a block or development where only say 25 % are sold and the community is not running properly

And as you will know from your internet research , you only buy fully legal with all the permits , connected to services  with Licence of First Occupation

If new ready now it should have solar for hot water...some do not but it is a current building requirement

Now you may wish to buy a finca or country property, nothing wrong with this as long as you make sure the documentation is 100% OK and take no risks

Good looking and I hope you find exactly what you want ...but you will have to go to Spain to find it, possibly a few times!

This message was last edited by rowlandsbb on 10/07/2009.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2009 6:47 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

I agree with Pat. Georgia is a very reliable & good agent . He has helped me to get my dream home & I'm looking forward to next summer when my custom bulit home will be ready.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2009 4:21 PM by connas007 Star rating. 43 posts Send private message

Thanks for your help I have looked at and been in touch with distant shores tney give a good first impression also thanks rowlandsbb for some good advice we will be travelling to spain later in the year hopefully and will look at staying in the orihuela costa as you suggest

Dave

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

financing a new car - 3 posts
Two excellent websites with reviews (by local diners)of restaurants on the Costa Blanca - 1 posts
EOS 5th birthday on Saturday - 20 posts
Key Lounges - 1 posts
Aeroclub ULM Vera - 1 posts
might b going to monda village - 0 posts
WERE THERE - 16 posts
Wealth and income tax non resident - 4 posts
Anti-Glare Window Film - 1 posts
How to translation these 2 sentenses? - 9 posts
Gibraltar Magazine - 1 posts
MM2 update - 1 posts
Cambank - 2 posts
Question regarding 11month rental - 6 posts
Obtaining an NIE number at Spanish Consulate Edinburgh - 3 posts
Hi everyone. - 14 posts
car hire gibraltar/la linea - 1 posts
Blank pages, apart from the EOS header & bottom bar, when I click on certain pages ! - 9 posts
Pay as you go broadband - 12 posts
Looking for a Mattress - 2 posts
If you walk away from a purchase, what are the potential penalties? - 14 posts
Need cheap rental on 20/7/09 - 25/07/09 - 7 posts
Wanted lhd car - 2 posts
Spanish Lawyers - Make sure you do your reasearch - 15 posts
residencey and padron needed?? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x