Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by Little John Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

This item was published by: thinkSpain , yesterday, June 29, 2009 

“Tax returns must be filed by tomorrow 

Tomorrow is the last day to file income tax returns for 2008. 
It is imperative to file an income tax return (declaración de la renta) if you have a gross annual income of more than 22,000 euros from one source.
An income tax return must also be filed if you earn more than 11,200 euros per year from various sources and if the second and subsequent sources contribute more than 1,500 euros per year.
Income from property or investments, if it exceeds 1,600 euros per year, must also be declared.”

I have researched a lot of websites recently and they all refer to the figure of earnings of 22,000€.
What is the situation for persons not working but in receipt of pensions.  Do pensions come within the limit of 11,200€ referred to above?

Little John

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 8:53 PM by JohnKath Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

For income tax purposes pensions are treated as income so if you have only one pension and it is below the limits then you may not have to file a return.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 8:58 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Hello John and Kath.

So they say about tax returns. All property owners resident or non resident should file their tax returns but at different dates of the year depending on residen status. What most people do not know is that you may be entitled to a refund if a low earner or on low pension. Important if you have a mortgage.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 8:58 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Hello John and Kath.

So they say about tax returns. All property owners resident or non resident should file their tax returns but at different dates of the year depending on residen status. What most people do not know is that you may be entitled to a refund if a low earner or on low pension. Important if you have a mortgage.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
09 Jul 2009 11:52 AM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Hi everybody,

My husband and myself live and work in Spain. We have a property in the UK that we are renting out. We have just found out we have to do a tax return for 2008/09. The form we have to fill in seems very complicated. Does anybody know if we have to put down anything about our income in Spain through our jobs? We already pay tax in Spain because our jobs. My husband seems to think we have to mention it but if we do, we will have to pay taxes twice in Spain and the UK. I do understand we have to do a tax return because our property in the UK but would not mention anything about our income in Spain since this is taxed in Spain.

Help on this would be appreciated as my husband is getting stressed about this.

Thanks

Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
09 Jul 2009 3:00 PM by Mar Durio Star rating. 54 posts Send private message

Hello little John,

If you are living and working in Spain, you are required to make the tax returns for all the income you have all over as Resident in Spain. Regarding your property in UK, you should pay your renting out income in UK as non resident there and at the Spanish tax return deduct that amount.

Mar Durio
Calle Ancha 30, 2º
E-11201 Algeciras
(t) +34.956.092.687
(f) +34.956.092.697
m.durio@costaluzlawyers.es
www.costaluzlawyers.es

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

looking for a job - 0 posts
Hello, newbie here - 0 posts
Protection when buying a second hand car in Spain? - 0 posts
looking for a car - 2 posts
Car Trailer for sale - 0 posts
Drive to Spain for Christmas - 14 posts
Reality Resorts - 1 posts
Any info on Lo Crispin please!! - 13 posts
Airport pick up and drop off - 0 posts
Hello everyone! - 4 posts
No tourist licence-help - 2 posts
rentals - 1 posts
Happy 5th Birthday Eye On Spain - 15 posts
Tennis Well done Andy Murray - 36 posts
No dudaría- I would not hesitate... Antonio´s by Rosario´ - 0 posts
Mirador de Torreblanca-what to do next? - 5 posts
Cheap air ticket Liverpool/Barcelona 13th to 23rd July - 0 posts
Cafe Vienna, Almoradi - 0 posts
good property management company in murcia region - 0 posts
Spain Uncut - 4 posts
Still looking for somewhere to rent for 6 months! - 7 posts
Capital Gains Tax Refund - 6 posts
New to it all - 3 posts
Need details of local newspaper in Manilva area - 5 posts
RHD VAN FOR SALE UKI PLATES - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x