Malaga Airport car hire, Fuel tank full out/full back

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by golfer Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Does anyone use a reputable and competitive car hire firm from Malaga Airport who still offer  "a pay for what you use fuel policy" ?

Most firms now charge you circa 40 - 45 euros for a FULL tank of fuel for any rental of 3 days or more, and you are supposed to bring the car back empty. 

I have always used Record Rentacar ( 6-8 times a year). They are normally very competitive priced and I have been happy with them until  6 months ago when they changed their policy on fuel. 

Once I get to my apartment we only drive locally and I end up always returning the car with at least a half tank at the end of my trip. I have complained but with no success. It seems that most car hire firms now use this method as it makes them lots of extra money.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2009 4:45 PM by stevecartwright Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Your'e lucky.  I got upgraded without notice as no other cars were available and ended up paying 81 Euro's.  ( 60 litre capacity)

I made sure I used it all but this is a big rip off as you can never take the car back empty.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2009 5:54 PM by kayal Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

We always use Helle Hollis.  Very competitive on price - particularly if you join their Home Owners Club - and they refund you unused petrol to the nearest quarter of a tank.  No problems with them at all and we go so often the staff now recognise us and greet us by name!

Kaye

Like 0      
13 Jun 2009 6:19 PM by stevecartwright Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Just checked out Helle Hillis for my visit in Sept and they are far more expensive than Holiday Auto's.  Thats the problem you get on one hand and give with another.  Its probably better just to look at the total cost and take it from there.

Steve 

Like 0      
14 Jun 2009 11:11 PM by D I Y DAVE Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

We always use Helle Hollis No problems with them at all

Dave

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car Insurance for UK Plates - 41 posts
Fancy a game ? - 5 posts
Happy Birthday Nati!!! - 10 posts
Try Before You Rent, Would This Work ? - 2 posts
CONTACT ME IF OWED MONEY FROM VILLAPAC - 0 posts
taxi service - 1 posts
Rental needed for 5 weeks in Spain - 9 posts
Gas Natural - 0 posts
Property Agent - 3 posts
refused mortgage - 6 posts
Van Hire in Albox - 0 posts
Looking for a reliable airport transfer company for Gibraltar-Estepona - 0 posts
equestrian direct alhaurin - 0 posts
package of terrace furniture - 0 posts
tru smoothies - 0 posts
Looking for Live-In Managers - Fantastic Opportunity - 0 posts
Transport - 5 posts
Charity Quiz Night in Sabinillas - 6 posts
Joiner moving to tortosa - 0 posts
Alonso & Haro Solicitors - 2 posts
builders merchants or sawmils in tortosa ? - 0 posts
NIE help again - 13 posts
help needed looking to rent long term in la florida!!! - 0 posts
Health certificate for driving - 21 posts
Builders Warranty - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x