Which Canary Island in February?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Oct 2015 4:05 PM by emjharts Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

I have been to both Lanzarote and Fuerteventura in Summer and early Autumn and both were lovely. We are planning to go back to a Canary Island in February and aren't sure whether to return to where we have been before or try a new island as I've heard that Lanzarote and Fuerteventura can be windy in the Winter?

I was looking into Gran Canaria is the Maspalomas area but as I don't know much about the weather or resorts on the other islands I thought I'd ask people's advice.

Basically we want the weather to be as nice and warm and non windy as possible! We will be renting a private place but want to stay in a town that has plenty of restaurants and bars without it being too tacky and over the top. We are 38 and enjoy a good night out but not a crazy 18-30's style night out resort!!! We liked Corralejo in Fuerteventura as it has a mix of a strip with bars for younger people with a quieter area by the beach with nice restaurants and quieter bars. Any ideas would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Like 0      
23 Oct 2015 10:53 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Puerto Rico is nice, have been in December.

So is Anfi beach but that is a timeshare but they do let our apartments.

Pat

Like 0      
24 Oct 2015 7:57 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Of course it depends what floats your boat.  I've been many times over the years but there's two spots that I'm likely to return to - Puerto Mogan on Gran Canaria.  It's known as "little Venice" as it has a criss cross of paths alongside water with the most fantastic display of bourgainvillea I've ever seen.  Within this area which is alongside the port and marina are a mass of bars and restaurants. 

The other place that is comparable is the del Duque area in Adeje on Tenerife,  This is on the south west coat just up from the Los Christianos area where all the young head bangers go.  But the del Duque beach area is again a labyrinth of bars and restaurants alongside a beautiful coastline.

Both resorts are not cheap, but worth the extra.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2015 3:37 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes I   Ilike Mogan very nice and some good restaurants.  The bouganvilla is very pretty.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Legal Company and Employees - 7 posts
Taking prescription injector pens into Spain - 0 posts
Taking prescription injector pens into Spain - 4 posts
Moving from Cyprus to Spain-Filipina wife. - 5 posts
Fighting for money back from MRI - 3 posts
Empadronamiento - 18 posts
Hi! I am one of the owners of ImmoVario, a Spanish property portal and I live in Pals - 0 posts
Mallorca move - 3 posts
Great driving op!!! - 0 posts
HOUSE SIT THIS WINTER. - 0 posts
Keyholding/cleaning/client meet & greet recommendations please. La Zenia - 1 posts
restaurants open at xmas in duquesa area - 0 posts
Is this why Camposol is such a great place to live ??? - 0 posts
€500 fine for Costa del Sol mobility scooter driver - 0 posts
Fitness classes for Fit pensioners - 0 posts
Retirees returning to UK - 54 posts
Villa Wanted - 0 posts
Buying Corvera Golf Resort - 2 posts
Efforvesence salts on floor tile grout. - 1 posts
Malaga/near by - 0 posts
Transferring Euros from Spanish Bank Account to Uk - 17 posts
Moving to Spain - 1 posts
Upturn in Spanish property sales? - 269 posts
Disgusting Service from Dickmanns CS - 4 posts
Delpaso car hire - Malaga ..AVOID - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x