Marbella rentals & occupancy

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Oct 2015 1:57 PM by dthep Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi - am thinking about a Marbella holiday home / investment.  Im looking for maybe 3-4 bed in walking distance centre Marbella / short drive golf courses, with own pool. something in region ~450-500k eur.

Am wondering what sort rental income i should expect here. fw questions:

1) In peak summer season how much per week would such a place fetch per week ? 

2) In the off season would this number be 50 % or even 30% per week ?

3) most importantly - what are occupance rates like?  can i safely assume that during peak season i would have maybe 70-80% occupancy ? or is that far too optimistic? if so what are the REAL occupancy rates in such an area?

cheers in advance,

dthep

Like 0      
08 Oct 2015 5:16 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

If you are thinking of buying on a 5 star gated complex make allowance for circa €6000 p/a in respect of an all inclusive service charge and local community charge. If you're looking for a villa with pool close to Marbella you could struggle with your budget, you may have to compomise and look a little further inland, second line 3 bed town houses with shared pool in Calahonda are on sale for over €300,000, Marbella is quite a bit dearer than that.

I wish you good luck with your venture. yes  

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 2      
08 Oct 2015 5:23 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I personally no three people that rent Villa's the most they have achieved renting out is 12 weeks high season  in any one year what you must take into consideration is the agents fee /cleaning /general maintaince/swimming pool will cost approximately 100eu pm/Tax on rental income be warned don't by this villa if you have got to rely of income from letting out to pay a mortgage.

Like 2      
08 Oct 2015 5:50 PM by dthep Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

so outside the high season the rental amrket is virtually dead ?

the idea that 'golfers are attracted all year round' is sort of a myth ?

Like 0      
08 Oct 2015 6:59 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Never ever presume that if and when you purchase a property to rent to golfers that you will be successful in doing so, there are thousands of properties out there who's owners are aiming to do exactly the same as you. Where we stay, beach front in Calahonda, it attracts both golfers and beach lovers, it has also started to attract cyclists but I wouldn't invest my money on the chance of renting to them, we stay beach front, ground floor and were the only occupants of the five adjoining apartments back in April/May.   

This message was last edited by Hephaestus on 09/10/2015.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Gran Canaria. A new life? Dream or reality? - 4 posts
PRODUCTIVE PARTICIPATION IN THE ANDALUSIAN FORUM ON JUSTICE - 5 posts
Cancelling a life Insurance for mortgage protection after selling property - 5 posts
Looking for a four bed country house in Spain - 0 posts
flight charges - 11 posts
British nationals buy one in eight properties in Spain. - 0 posts
Notary costs in Spain - 2 posts
NOVEMBER 10- final deadline to claim on excessive IHT paid more than 4 years ago - 0 posts
Water Filter Home System - 0 posts
Who Remember Santa Maria Green Hills - MVG - latest update !!! Jose Ramon beats developer - 0 posts
Buy upholstery foam iin south of spain Malaga - 2 posts
Limiting who can be in position of President - 18 posts
Unbelievable meeting - 10 posts
How dose this work. CAR REG - 4 posts
"Homes under the hammer" Spanish adventure CAMPOSOL - 40 posts
Do I, or my buy pay tax on the furniture sold separately when selling my appartment. - 11 posts
Inheritance Tax Laws - 22 posts
The ones that are being kicked out of their homes by banks are not Spanish - 7 posts
Moving to Spain - 2 posts
Bank Charges - Banco Popular? - 4 posts
No longer need to learn Spanish! - 1 posts
Do you live in Valencia? Advice on current weather please?! - 3 posts
Do you live in Valencia? Advice on current weather please?! - 1 posts
property for sale - 0 posts
New Years Eve in Estepona / Sabinillas - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x