looking for house to rent long term

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jun 2013 11:48 PM by sarina Star rating in yorkshire england. 2 posts Send private message

Hello im new to this and not sure how moving to spain works if there is any special requirements ect im 26 and a single mum due to husband passing away 10 months ago. so england just is not where i want my son to grow up and think spain would be fantastic but im not sure hoe the euros system works to the gbp and also would i just be able to find a property pay what i need to and move out there?? I dont have work lined up either would his be an issue?? If anyone can give me any advice no matter how small i would gratley appreciate it thanks in advance x

Like 0      
03 Jun 2013 2:03 PM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

Read info on this site ...

http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-magazine/moving-to-spain-advice.aspx

You will find it next to impossible to find work, even if you speak Spanish.  Unemployment is the highest in Europe.

Like 0      
03 Jun 2013 10:59 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

Sorry to hear about your husband but competa is right.  There is no work here in Spain.  It's very tough at the moment.  It's just not a good time to move over if you need to find a job.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
06 Jun 2013 5:16 PM by sarina Star rating in yorkshire england. 2 posts Send private message

Is workin a requirement ir would i be able to move then find work?

Like 0      
06 Jun 2013 6:00 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

Well, you can move but there is no guarantee that you will find a job...that's the problem!

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
06 Jun 2013 7:36 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

I would politely suggest, Sarina, that you spend time researching this plan fully. EOS is a starting point  only. There are a significant number of threads on EOS (and I suspect would be a topic on other websites) about moving to Spain where it is evident that the original poster doesn't even know where they would want to live, have not necessarily visited the country - even on holiday  - , cannot even communicate in basic Spanish, have no idea about the dire economic climate, don't know about schooling and associated costs, or how they would finance such a move and lifestyle in a foreign country. I find this incredible to say the least.

In addition to EOS, the national news regularly reports on the European economy (Spain, France, Portugal etc) and the pressures experienced by ex-pats who are struggling financially, are unable to find work, or alternatively work is intermittent or unreliable due to poor employer contracts (if there is a contract), have a property (purchased) that is becoming a noose around their necks etc etc and are looking return to the UK.

There are a number of other sites on the internet for expats which you may find useful. The freebie expat newspapers are also available on line and they provide a wealth of information.

I would also add that the other side of the coin undoubtedly are reports / comments (eg threads on EOS) from people who are enjoying their lives in Spain and would not want to return to the UK. So, its not all doom and gloom ........

I wish you all the best with your plans ....

This message was last edited by wend691 on 06/06/2013.

This message was last edited by wend691 on 06/06/2013.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Business Opportunities - 4 posts
Can anybody suggest how I can get my house valued for insurance - 3 posts
JUSTICE FOR SOME AT LAST - 0 posts
gardenfurniture area Heredades-Almoradi-Torrevija - 0 posts
Screwfix - 1 posts
Online banking from the UK - 2 posts
Transfer of car? - 2 posts
HELP in La Marina - 0 posts
Taking tennis rackets on Ryanair? - 11 posts
Advice Please wanted, Thinking of moving to spain Marbella area or Alicante , or other but unsure and need advice - 12 posts
Car Wanted in Barcelona - 0 posts
desperatly looking for all types of tradesmen in marbella area - 3 posts
another NIE number - 4 posts
NEED SWIMMING POOL CLEANER - ANY RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE? - 5 posts
New Member who would really value some local information on Vera Playa - 1 posts
Shared ownership of a property - 10 posts
TRADING IN SPAIN FROM MY MOBILE CATERING TRAILER - 5 posts
moving to spainandneedong ileostomy supplies ? - 1 posts
Minimum income - 9 posts
NIE certifcates - 2 posts
Would you rely on your "European Health card" in Spain and travel without Insurance ? - 61 posts
Recommendation for car hire company at Almeria airport - 4 posts
Borrador de Delcaracion Pendiente de Confirmar - 5 posts
Incapacity Pension - 0 posts
Economy Car Rentals - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x