I'm looking for spanish car left hand drive

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Aug 2012 8:35 PM by garykatt Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi my name is Gary I have recently purchased house between Malaga and Seville i have been looking for Spanish car can any one help me please

Like 0      
10 Aug 2012 2:17 PM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

Yes. You have several choices.

Buy brand new from a franchised dealer. Keep an eye on the local Spanish newspaper to see what deals are being offered.

Buy a used car from a used car dealer. Problem here is that they are all mostly ‘’Arthur Daley’’. Anything high mileage will have been clocked. And don’t forget to wear your hat ‘’here comes Billy Brit rip me off’’.

Buy private. From another Brit. Just put the word round that you are in the market.

Spanish used cars are expensive. Go on line and look at Parkers guide UK prices. Add about 10 to 20%.

I personally picked up a real bargain by going on eBay. Found a Brit guy who bought 20 ex hirecars a time from the hire companies. He sold them on at a small profit. I got a ford focus in mint condition below UK trade price.

Search. LHD or Spain LHD.

Good luck.

This message was last edited by potblack on 10/08/2012.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2012 3:06 PM by TamaraEssex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

TamaraEssex´s avatar

I'd add another choice as well.  Ask around amongst your Spanish neighbours.  Buying from someone who is still living round the corner from you is quite smart as they aren't going to want to "sh*t on their own doorstep" as the saying goes.   I went into the insurance broker in my village to get my house insurance in place, and asked him to put the word around that I wanted a small, old, cheap car that would be reasonably reliable, and when I go back next week I'm test driving a 10-year old Seat Ibiza and an 11-year old Fiat Punto.  The owners of both still live in the village, plus on top of that, my insurance broker has promised that the people selling are good honest friends of his.

And just in case neither of those are any good, the Spanish families either side of me in my little street are keeping their ears to the ground, and one has a brother who might sell me his.

I would rather trust the Spanish villagers who would feel let down if I was sold a pup, rather than buy from a Brit going back to the UK, where you've got no come-back.

So my advice is just chat to your neighbours.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
11 Aug 2012 5:46 AM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

Just a note I forgot to mention.

Buying or searching for a Spanish car on eBay. Just because its eBay don’t think everything is a bargain. There are some right con merchants on their asking balmy prices for LHD cars. Don’t get caught out.  Always check Parkers guide UK website to get an idea of price. Make sure you take mileage into consideration when working out the true valuation. Spanish cars tend to be high mileage.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2012 9:51 PM by neilko73 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi<

Im not a dealer, was wandering what kind of car your looking for, I have a vw transporter 98 1.9 diesel, is in good condition and has recently had an engine replacement, I have all the paperwork, is totally legal on spanish plates.

I have just moved to the czech republic and my plan was to change the registration, but the beaurocracy is a nightmare, so am now looking to sell it.

I can deliver it to the uk or to spain if you are interested.

regards

Like 0      
13 Aug 2012 11:22 AM by marialuz Star rating in la vizcaronda. 5 posts Send private message

We have a 2008 Ford Focus diesel, 1.8 litres. 115 bhp, in excellent condition on Spanish plates.  We bought it new and we are changing to an automatic car for my wife's sake.  It is to Titanium spec. serviced by the Ford agents with all the options and the full details are on my web site.  Please google.  Click on the "Ford Focus".  We are asking Euro 10 000 or very near offer.  We are retired so it has had a very easy, well-serviced life.       Taxes are all up todate on it and the price includes the transfer admin. fees at Trafico.    

Tel. Brian or Beverley on Mov. 666 888 870, The car is currently garaged near Sabanillas/Manilva

Like 0      
13 Aug 2012 1:48 PM by ajw Star rating in Aberdeen. 1088 posts Send private message

ajw´s avatar

Hi there. 'heslop' on the condado de alhama forum has a 7 seater for sale at the moment.  Southern Murcia.

www.alhamagolfapartment.co.uk

Like 0      
28 Aug 2012 7:35 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar

I just successfully bought a Spanish car.  See my blog post      http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
03 Sep 2012 4:33 PM by sheldon Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello

I'm looking for a LHD car either to buy here in England or in Spain. Does anyone know of where I might try? 

Economy

4 door

petrol

manual

low mileage (hopefully)

Budget around £5000 to £6000

I'm in West Yorkshire/Camposol (Murcia) near Mazarron

Thank you

Sheldon

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LOOKING FOR A 2-WEEK RENTAL from 22nd September - 0 posts
fort collins property management companies - 0 posts
6 TO 10% VAT HOUSE PURCHASE HIKE IN NEW YEAR. - 2 posts
Another Nail in the Spanish Property Coffin - 63 posts
momac61 - 6 posts
Beware of defaulting on a mortgage - 4 posts
I am so confused - 1 posts
Nueva Ribera Beach Club - 2 posts
Brittany Ferry Spanish Voyage Club - 1 posts
Brittany Ferries Spain Voyage Club - 0 posts
Moving flats and tax address - 0 posts
Has anyone used Europa Network for internet and UK TV? - 92 posts
Persiana Repairs - 4 posts
Hello from Spain - 5 posts
Problems with living in Spain - 21 posts
Reporting Crimes (telephone service) - 0 posts
Shere Punjab (Delhi Chownk) Pueblo Principe - 0 posts
Living Hell in Paradise - 13 posts
quadbike mechanic - 0 posts
Tower Fan for sale - 0 posts
Pool Usage and President Powers - 12 posts
Renting a sub-standard property - How do we stand? - 13 posts
insurance - 1 posts
Friends needed - 1 posts
Capital Gains Tax - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x