Starting a market stall in marbella

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 May 2012 1:54 PM by charlotteviolet Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any information on obtaining a market stall in Marbella? Was thinking the street market by the bull ring in puerto banus for example?

I currently have 3 stalls in England an am thinking of moving to Spain for a year to start with and thought as I do them here it would be a good place to start a a job in Spain and something we can work around our baby.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Charlotte

Like 0      
29 May 2012 2:27 AM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

Hi Charlotte

I don't know how you actually go about it but a few years back some friends of ours who were making a very comfortable living with their market stall in UK came over to Spain to do the exact same thing.

They went back after two years!

They just couldn't replicate the success they were having back home.  They were selling end of line clothes such as from M&S and Next, but they struggled to make decent money.

Their main problem was.....the weather!  We had a terrible winter that year and when it rains markets are either cancelled or no one turns up to them.

I'm not saying every market and every stall would be the same but that's their story.

It can be tough, especially trying to get a decent pitch so maybe just don't burn all your bridges straight away.

Best of luck with it.

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
22 Aug 2012 3:23 PM by mariasnow3 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

If you want to start these at some new place then there are different directory websites where you can put your details & there you also find the clients or business partners in a very short period of time. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CANON DIGITAL SLR KIT - including Wide Angle lense. Great for Property Shoots. - 0 posts
FORD FIESTA 1.4 DIESEL, 2007 PRIVATE SALE - 0 posts
Pick pockets in Vera almeria - 23 posts
SMART A FRAME TOW BAR - 3 posts
Making a Denuncia (crime report) in Spain - 0 posts
Learn Spanish - 0 posts
Someone has advertised my property for sale on eye on spain!!!! - 19 posts
UK THREATENS PLANS TO RESTRICT SPANISH AND OTHER EU MEMBERS FROM ENTRY - 1 posts
Jokes - 0 posts
Mum of 3 looking to meet friends - 0 posts
Car Hire Almeria Airport - 5 posts
INTERVIEW WITH KEITH RULE ON TELEVISIÓN HELLÍN - 4 posts
FINCA PARCS - TRIAL OF THE YEAR IN HELLÍN - 0 posts
IKEA Malm Single bed frames for sale - 0 posts
Bankia Shares suspended i Madrid - 5 posts
WHo was green first? - 2 posts
What is the best way to get cheaper electricity supplies? - 0 posts
Corrupt President - 3 posts
Finding the Owner of a Property - 4 posts
Moral of the story? Don't pay up front!! (Ingofersa related, indirectly) - 4 posts
Frankie bar Vera playa review - 0 posts
Bellavista playa review - 0 posts
prosthetic clinic in Spain - 5 posts
El mar la mar review - 2 posts
Just too damn cute for words.... - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x