roof build

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by carl9 Star rating. 136 posts Send private message

Hi, I have another question, this time around how the roof should be constructed.

I was under (what is perhaps an incorrect impression), that these days the roof construction in Spain has a plastic roof shape structure under the tiles to give addtional protection from the rain?

Our roof is a flat concrete structure that has the elevated roof pitch built up with the ladrilara terracotta  tiles. They have then put more ladrilara tiles to finish the final roof shape, which I understand they then cement over and then cover with the final roof tiles.

As mentioned, I thought that under the final cement (prior to the roof tiles going on), they put some (usually red) thick plastic shield and then lay the tiles.

Am I imagining things?

Many thanks as always in advance of any feedback.

Carl

Like 0      
10 Feb 2012 4:08 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Never seen that before,the standard roof construction is as you described,without the plastic,i am not a builder but have watched my neighbours extension for months and not seen that...!

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 1:54 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Carl,
                       Go to your Town Hall, 'building control' office. They can show you the regulations regarding all approved building practices.

I did that about 25 years ago as I was surprised at the way the toilet / black water system had been built.  I was even more surprised when I found that what had been done was approved !!!

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 1:54 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Carl,
                       Go to your Town Hall, 'building control' office. They can show you the regulations regarding all approved building practices.

I did that about 25 years ago as I was surprised at the way the toilet / black water system had been built.  I was even more surprised when I found that what had been done was approved !!!

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 4:55 PM by carl9 Star rating. 136 posts Send private message

Great - thanks.

Carl

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Free papers in and around Salou and Tarragona - 0 posts
London Ollympic tickets - 0 posts
Dangerous new Electric Meters? - 16 posts
address in Spain - 14 posts
10 year guarantee for new build - 10 posts
Introduction - 2 posts
Telefonica ( Movistar) - 1 posts
Edinburgh Crystal Decanters - 0 posts
Goats - 1 posts
Good news ( I hope ) - 2 posts
NATURAL GAS ~ Yes or No - 0 posts
Aer Lingus. - 0 posts
solicitor wants more money plus valia tax ?? - 3 posts
Legal assistant job opening - 0 posts
Heart attack and how to save your self, worth a read - 3 posts
Telefonica ADSL!! - 28 posts
Driving to Portugal via Seville - 9 posts
Which side on the Round-a-bouts? - 39 posts
hows the weather - 4 posts
Property Prices! - 62 posts
Another success for Costaluz, Maria and her team - 9 posts
Costaluz Lawyers, A great success in recovering our deposit using law 57/68 - 9 posts
How do I edit my thread? - 4 posts
Funeral Plans - 0 posts
Testimonial for Maria de Castro and the team at Costa Luz Lawyers - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x