PROPERTY BUYING AND SELLING PROCESS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

I have tried searching but haven´t been able to find a step-by-step guide to the process. Can anyone help?

We have a lawyer working on the sale of our apartment, but intend to do the purchase ourselves, but just so we don´t miss anything, can anyone give us a guide?

Can the utilities be organised in advance of the signing at the notary?

If SUMA´s have been paid by the seller, do we have to repay that? ... and vice versa as we´ve just paid our SUMA for the coming year.

If we´ve sold our apartment and presumably have something like a bankers draft, can we use that in the purchase? If not, how do we get the funds from the sale converted to use for the purchase in one day?

Thanks in advance

Irene & Alan

Like 0      
05 Oct 2011 9:41 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

If you are asking these questions then I think you are crazy going it alone. Also the purchase has more risk than the sale.

But if you insist then I would suggest you buy a copy of David Searl's book "YOU & THE LAW IN SPAIN". It's available up and down the coast in all the English type bookshops.

But I'm sure you could find a lawyer who would do you a very good deal on the 2 transactions ignoring scale fees etc!

Also it's likely if you avail of your solicitors client account you will save yourself considerable banking fees as it's likely your bank will charge a high % for cashing and issuing the required cheque bancario for completion. I suggest you pop in and ask your bank haow much they will charge to cash a cheque bancario in the amount of EUR?????? and how much to later issue a cheque bancario in the amount of EUR??????. Please make sure your sitting at the time!!! 

As regards SUMA if you mean IBI then I believe the law says the person who owns the property on 1st Jan pays for the full year but in practice these costs are now time apportioned but really to avoid arguments at the notary the pre-contracts are important and without a contract you could find yourself paying the notary fees on the sale etc. the pre-contracts set should set everything out in black and white and then any unresolved matters are normally dealt with by way of retention etc

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Poppie - 0 posts
Parking -Jose Rico Perez Stadium, Alicante - 0 posts
Pressure blasting - 0 posts
Motorhome for sale - 1 posts
looking for a longterm rental in fuengirola - 1 posts
hi everybody - 3 posts
skiing - 4 posts
Cheaper electricity with Iberdrola - 5 posts
Buying bank reposession in Spain - 7 posts
Hi Everyone - 2 posts
Right here waiting for YOU! - 0 posts
"Giving away" a property - 8 posts
Costa Rojo - 0 posts
Cambank Auction /Takeover - 4 posts
Mercadona milk - 6 posts
Renters - 2 posts
La Cala de Mijas doctor - 5 posts
leather 3 piece suite for sale and a complete bedroom set - 0 posts
Viva la UK - 17 posts
Mercedes SL WANTED or similar - 1 posts
Help needed in Mojacar Almeria - 3 posts
FT - forecast of further 15% drop in Spanish property prices - 6 posts
Market trading - 0 posts
The meeting with David Lidington - 9 posts
does anyone have positive claims experience from their Spanish holiday home insurance? - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x