EMAUS SUMMER FEST 30TH & 31ST JULY

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 May 2011 12:00 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

I am delighted to tell you about this spectacular event.

The fun will start at 2pm on both days. VIBE FM will be there with their outside broadcast unit for the duration. We´ll have all sorts going on during the afternoon and the live music will start at 5pm. We will have a variety of acts to suit all tastes and ages. We will also have some dancing demonstrations and classes. You´ll be able to dance the night away.

For the children... we´ll have a bouncy castle and face painting.

We´ll have a bar and on-site catering, although you are welcome to bring a picnic.

Tickets will be going on sale very soon and will cost 5€ for adults per day or 8€ for a weekend ticket (free entrance for accompanied children under 12). You´ll be able to buy them at various places around the area as well as Torrevieja and La Marina. I´ll publish a list in the near future.

It is going to be held at El Rincon de Molino in Formentera del Segura. For those of you who are not familiar with this venue... it´s an island on the Segura which is accessed by a bridge. There´s a water-wheel and the museum will be open during the weekend for visitors.

There´s also a play area for children

Now the important bit... we are doing this to raise money for our adopted charity - EMAUS. This organisation supports and helps children´s care homes, a women´s refuge and an old people´s home. They run a workshop, teaching young people work skills. They function around Elche and Altea.

PUT THIS DATE IN YOUR DIARIES. WHEN WE HAVE THE DEFINITIVE LIST OF ACTS, I´LL LET YOU KNOW, BUT IT´S SURE TO BE A GREAT WEEKEND.

Like 0      
07 May 2011 6:42 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I have put the dates in my diary Irene and will start baking nearer the date!! x

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
07 May 2011 6:46 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

You´re gonna have to bake a whole lot; we are expecting about 600 -1000 people!

xxx

Like 0      
25 May 2011 10:34 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi everyone

Tickets will be available from tomorrow in The Card Place shops - Benimar, Torreta Florida Commercial Centre Torrevieja and Punta Prima and of course, from me - 966 193 845 or by email:
emaussummerfest@gmail.com. There will be other outlets and I´ll let you know as and when they are signed up.

Tickets are 5€ for Saturday or Sunday or if you want a weekend ticket, thats 8€. Children under 12 enter for free.

We have The Voodoos, Greg Lomas, Jacob Askew, Lorna Mitchell, VIBE FM outside broadcast, an ex-British Dance Champion giving a demo and class, line dancing class. There will be things for the children (bouncy castle etc.), face painting, a bar, hot food and much, much more.

Irene

This message was last edited by Irene&Alan on 25/05/2011.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2011 7:51 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

HI EVERYONE

TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE AT FORMENTERA TOWN HALL AND SHOE-B-SHOE. PLEASE BUY YOUR TICKETS EARLY AS WE HAVE TO FIND 1,700€ FOR PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE!!!!!!!!

THANKS

IRENE

Like 0      
09 Jul 2011 3:57 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

wow, am I clever or lucky? I don´t care. I´ve managed to find somewhere to get the insurance for a fraction of the price, so now our event is FREE entrance.

Please come and join us.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2011 8:32 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

This is a location map for our Fiesta.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2011 10:58 AM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

Really pleased to hear that, you ahve worked so hard on this, we are really looking forward to it.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2011 11:02 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

16 Jul 2011 3:24 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hope it goes well, Irene and Alan. Wished we could be  there.  At least you should have  good weather, pouring with rain here today.  Not long now till the end of the month.

Patricia

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 16/07/2011.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2011 4:27 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

We have three vacant performance slots for our Summer Fest. Any performers/entertainers who would be willing to give their services for our charity - please email me.

Thanks

Irene

Like 0      
21 Jul 2011 9:45 AM by kitten Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I know a great rock band who will do a gig for free for charity if you have any slots on sunday afternoon

Have a look at sfm-live com

They are great lads and their music will get toes tapping

Wendy

Like 0      
24 Jul 2011 8:43 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Here´s the programme for the two days. Do come and join us....

Saturday:

14:15 – 15:15 Children’s Fashion Show

15:30 – 16:00 Dance Extreme

16:05 – 16:25 Renegade Line Dancers

16:30 – 17:30 Lorna Michelle

18:00 – 19:00 Short Fuse

21:00 – 22:00 Kirsten Mackay

22:30 – 23:30 The Usual Suspects

00:00 – 01:00 The Monos

Sunday:

14:45 – 15:15 Zumba Group

15:30 – 16:00 Dance Extreme

16:30 – 17:30 The Voodoos

18:00 – 19:00 Dance School

19:30 – 20:30 The Assigned

21:00 – 23:00 SFM

00:00 – 01:00 Buddy and the Rockets

Like 0      
31 Jul 2011 1:05 AM by twinmummy Star rating in Formentera del segur.... 82 posts Send private message

wow.................

Me and my family enjoyed a wonderful day at the EMAUS charity event today, even better that its going on for two days so if you missed out today, be sure not to miss out tomorrow. Especially as the event is now free and all the proceeds going to a well worthy cause.

Even if its to meet a wonderful couple Irene and Alan who have organised such a fantastic event, they will meet you with a smile and will apprieciate your company enoying the wonderful acts they have lined up. Get over tommorow and enjoy yourselfs, it's what you are here for

Like 0      
31 Jul 2011 3:16 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes well done Irene and Alan,

Have heard it is a great success and the hog roast is very good.  Wished I was there.

Patricia

Like 0      
01 Aug 2011 2:29 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

How did you finish up Irene?

let us know!! x

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

freesat & post code - 5 posts
Ryanair! What counts? - 2 posts
Halifax Bank - 3 posts
112 from uk mobile? - 4 posts
Legality of Committee members - 2 posts
Cheap flights to UK from Malaga?? - 9 posts
Neil Kemp - Fuengirola - 0 posts
road show in europe - 0 posts
Winter flights into/out of Murcia - 10 posts
Made it to spain at last. - 2 posts
Costs for selling a property through Estate Agents - 2 posts
Alicante to Valencia train - 4 posts
replacing a stolen escatura - 1 posts
Tarjeta de transporte - 2 posts
tenerife tax authorities - 0 posts
Any Creative Writers out there? (Mijas/area) - 1 posts
Roof Box - Fuengirola - 1 posts
schools in Spain - 0 posts
Our recent advert -10%off - 1 posts
Arts and Crafts Market in the Duquesa Port - 0 posts
bank guarantor - 2 posts
mortgage guarantor - 0 posts
house insurance - 0 posts
Help for new arrivals to Spain - 2 posts
getting bus from alicante airport to Guardamar - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x