Official Document Needed for application of NIE Number

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jun 2008 1:31 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Looking at my copy of "You and the Law in Spain"  your Numero de Identificacion de Extranjero (NIE) identifies you to the Spanish tax authorities.  If you have a property in Spain then you need an NIE, I can't see why they would only be valid for 3 months.

The padron certificate is only valid for 3 months, was he talking about that?

Like 0      
16 Jun 2008 5:24 PM by localyocal Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Our son is studying in Almeria so we decided that if we had all the documentation it was easier to go with him to get the NIE thus saving our solicitor the 160km return journey to Almeria. BUT... I checked the copy of the form which we were given by the officious official in the Office! and it has exactly the same number on the bottom of it as the one we took with us. We could not spot the difference... I think that he just wanted to throw his weight about and be awkward. Thank g for his female colleague who stepped in and filled in new forms and photocopied them for us in the office instead of sending us to the photocopy shop up the road. Methinks that he may have shares in said shop?! Still unclear about how long NIE number is valid for? Anyone come across the same thing?

Like 0      
16 Jun 2008 5:56 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

The NIE is the same as your NI number in the UK so that's why I cannot understand why someone should say it is only valid for 3 months.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2008 10:16 AM by Sue B Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Have just returned from Almeria where we applied for NIE numbers to purchase a property in Spain. We were told by an official in the office that the NIE number is only valid for 3 months. This is a new thing introduced in 2008!!? Does anyone know anything about it? Is it fact or fiction? Also when you go photocopy everything! and only go on a Tuesday or Thursday morning because that is the only time that you can pay the €9 into the bank and then only between 11am and 1pm. YOu also have to return to the office with the receipt of payment from the bank! I can't tell you how frustrating the whole process is. So be prepared!!

Yes I have heard that they are now only valid for 3 months too. Seems unbelieveable but that's what it says! If anyone can claify this once and for all I'd be really grateful.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electrician in spain - 0 posts
Oh my Goodness! Over 1,000 posts and no applause! - 24 posts
Torreveija area chitty chatty - 25 posts
R & S PROPERTY AND GARDEN DESIGNS - 1 posts
To store or not to store, that is a question! - 7 posts
new member - 2 posts
Live in Spain but where to holiday? - 16 posts
Hello - 1 posts
Facts right or wrong on Escitura? - 14 posts
capital gains tax. - 0 posts
What's happening with JeansSis? - 53 posts
Show house - 29 posts
Find Out the Truth About This Site - 3 posts
fishing alert - 4 posts
Rental required El Rincon - 2 posts
fisherman alert - 2 posts
sneaky needs help??? - 2 posts
apartment wanted - 4 posts
Bichon Frise for sale - 2 posts
completion - 2 posts
For All First Time Buyers And Any One Else! - 21 posts
best area to rent - 8 posts
Hi - 4 posts
Mr Wippy Ice Cream - 29 posts
Date for License for Construction Phase 4 - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x