Golf courses struggling and facing closure

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Mar 2010 4:52 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

John, is El Higueron the one near Los Arqueros?  Might try that myself next week.  We haven't played in a while, so are playing Casares (2x) this weekend - €37 including buggy!  Not bad!

Like 0      
19 Mar 2010 7:59 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

AP007, we played one weekend with a member at La Cañada, who told us that his membership was about €1200.00 pa.  I can't quite remember the details of that membership though, but think it was unlimited golf.  The last time I checked at Duquesa Golf, their membership was about €1200.00pa unlimited golf.  A little while ago, we were told by the manager at Doña Julia that they were thinking (at that time) to introduce membership at €1400.00 for unlimited golf and buggy use.

Although I'm sure there are many clubs which are far more expensive for membership, I do think it is worthwhile taking membership if you wish to play regularly (I'm planning to) - even once a week at €50 would cost double the membership of one of those clubs.

Just as an aside, I recall about eight years ago enquiring of Loch Lomond club about their non-resident membership - thinking that as we may visit the family more in Scotland, it might be worthwhile considering - only to receive an email from them informing me that it was £100,000     Not comparing folks, it just came to my mind and thought I'd share it!!

Like 0      
19 Mar 2010 8:51 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

At Valle del Este i pay 1000 euros (with residents discount) per annum unlimited

I'm only there 17/18 weeks a year, but can play three times a week and that works out about 20 euros a round

Having said that i do play other courses, Mrs W thinks thats all in and lets keep it that way!!

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 2:01 PM by willow Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

If you want affordable golf in the Costa del Sol area you should join the 'golf two4one' membership scheme.               golftwo4one.com.  For an annual membership of 54€ you can play 22 courses, literally 2 for the price of one. There are weekly competitions at Calanova 35€ each incl buggy (Mondays) & Miraflores 30€ + buggy (Tuesdays). No limit to the number of times per year you play.

Where else can you play courses like La Quinta for 37.50€ incl buggy (early bird) or 50€ incl. buggy all other times.  Check out the website to see all other offers.

The only drawback is that you can only play each course once with the card, except for the weekly comps. However if you & a mate buy one each you can play together twice each course & there is no limit how many cards you buy a year. Buy three cards and the cost drops to only 36€ per card! Fantastic value. Check out the website.

Incidentally I have no financial interest in the company other than hoping for its success so that I, and my friends, can continue to play cheap(ish) golf and to hope that more clubs join the group.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Developer not paying community fees on unsold units - 2 posts
If the site looks a bit wonky... - 6 posts
Free market for electricity - do we need to do anything? - 2 posts
Happy San Patrick´s day - 2 posts
Applying for a Spanish passport - 23 posts
skamper ramps for dogs sarety around the pool this summer. - 0 posts
Handing back the keys to the bank - 4 posts
pushbikes - 2 posts
Cedula de habitacion - 3 posts
Ireland Spain furniture moving - 1 posts
New Golf course Gran alacant - 0 posts
A right old mess....please help! - 3 posts
mary poppins - 1 posts
Hola - 1 posts
It's Really Not That Long - 4 posts
cala la real in Jaen Province - 14 posts
Big claims in favour of consumers - 0 posts
Help narrowing down sabbatical location + long term rentals in Andalucia? - 5 posts
Trust Funds - 0 posts
End of Easyjet Credit Card - 9 posts
inheritance tax - 6 posts
President - 19 posts
air conditioning repairs - 2 posts
A Riddle - 3 posts
Are there Pet Crematoriums in Murcia area? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x