All EOS blogs All Spain blogs  Start your own blog Start your own blog 

The view from the back

My blog is about our move to Spain, to be exact it's about the intergration of a techno junkie and his lovely wife of 30 yrs into 18th century Spain.

Darkest time
13 August 2013 @ 11:23

As part of the many documents you need to apply for inclusion on the EU register and receive an NIE number you need proof of health care. As part of our pre planning in march we had received a quotation from a company named after young swans , after speaking to the agent we agreed to be in touch when we had touched down in Spain , so I called them yesterday to take up the quote, but as always it had changed the offer had passed the policy was no longer available ill sort you out an equivalent so after 15 mins of horse trading he arrived back at a figure just above where we started for similar cover , result ! But no , this policy requires a medical questionnaire , Sh1 t here we go , well not having any medical defects this should be ok but big lad is a big lad , then there it was the BMI question , puff the offer was gone ! So it's back to the web to find cover , hopefully if not no cover no NIE , no NIE no car or house so effectively deported. our stay may be very short and expensive . The lovely wife is currently hiding the sharp stuff . 

Like 0


ElviriaDreamer said:
13 August 2013 @ 14:48

Hi Big Lad

Don't feel defeated yet...I'm sure something will work out!

I had a similar issue...I was un-insurable due to my illness caused by neglect of others. So it was no go for me, other than excessively costly holiday insurance which has applied since 2006. I just accepted I tried countless insurers.

You must continue to search and you will find...DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOURS AND YOUR LADY'S DREAM.

Just be very careful if you choose to try the one on my facebook profile (I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole for safety and nor will countless others now on learning how dangerous they are)...when taken ill they just left me to die, refusing to pay for anything other than a hospital bed, fluids and pain relief. I NEEDED LIFE SAVING BRAIN SURGERY AND INTENSIVE CARE. SADLY THEY ARE THE REASON MY BRAIN INJURIES ARE SO SEVERE AND ME UN-INSURABLE!!


Lin said:
13 August 2013 @ 22:26

We got our NIE a couple of weeks ago we didn't have to have proof of health care! We just went to the local police station got a form and with the help of a Spanish friend we filled it in. Then a visit to the bank to pay the fee 9€ something and get it stamped then back to the police station, where we dropped it off and our NIE's were ready for collection a couple of days later! No fuss no dramas just answering questions on a form and all they seemed to do was substantiate who we were and that we had a rental agreement to confirm where we were living.
Hope this helps

Louise said:
17 August 2013 @ 14:01

If you don't read my comment on your previous blog read this! For NIE you don't need to prove your healthcare etc... Its only when you want to actually register as a permanent resident. For car purchase you should just need NIE and escritura.

Only registered users can comment on this blog post. Please Sign In or Register now.


This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x