what do I do now?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

Filled in my tax forms, got stickers, etc and paid in the bank but what do I do with the rest of the form. Its in triplicate and a seperate one receipted by the bank . They came in an envelope so do I post it all back to Hacienda or what ? Thanks in advance.

Helen

Like 0      
29 Jan 2010 11:22 PM by degato34 Star rating in West Yorkshire (God'.... 35 posts Send private message

Hi Helen.

The stamped copy is your receipt so just keep this in your file. ( also to use as a reference for the next year's tax return) I don't know why there's a third copy. I suppose it's just the Spanish way of extra paperwork. Just keep it on file. I've got about twenty  on file.

Regards,  John

This message was last edited by degato34 on 29/01/2010.

Like 0      
02 Feb 2010 8:52 PM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

John , thanks for the reply. Apart from the bank form stamped there was another form in the envelope which looks like it has to be sent back to the Hacienda. This is my first tax return so they would have no details of me unless I send in this ? It too had spaces for the stickers to be put on as well as apartment details , etc,

Helen

PS My sister lives in Yorkshire - Normanton & works in Carlsberg brewery in Leeds !!!

Like 0      
02 Feb 2010 9:07 PM by degato34 Star rating in West Yorkshire (God'.... 35 posts Send private message

Hello Helen

The bank sends their copy to Hacienda, along with your payment. I don't know why there's a spare copy. There is no reason for it. Just keep it in your file. You do not have to send it to Hacienda.

I live at Wakefield, about 5 miles from Normanton. Our places in Spain are just outside Torremolinos (not as grotty as it used to be. They are improving month by month and I think they are wanting to compete with Marbella - if only!)

Regards, John

Like 0      
02 Feb 2010 9:10 PM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

Heard her talk about Wakefield all the time - I'm sure I've been there too when visiting. We are up the road in La Cala de Mijas - neighbours ! thanks for the advice.

Helen

Like 0      
05 Feb 2010 12:16 PM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Ah ... this thread has woken me up a bit.

I  have to pay tax this year having brought my place (currently a holiday home just for the family)  last March.

Where the hell do i start?  I haven't got a clue  

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ps. I am in Calpe, Costa Blanca.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2010 2:09 PM by degato34 Star rating in West Yorkshire (God'.... 35 posts Send private message

Hi TP1.

In response to your enquiry - I take it that you have purchased a holiday home and are not living permanently in Spain. If correct then you should search the 'Eye on Spain' forums under Form 210. This is the form that you are required by law to complete. The forms are obtainable at the Tax Office (Hacienda) After completion the tax is payable at the Bank (but not all Banks - Unicaja is the most used one in my area - Costa del Sol) but any Bank will tell you where to take them. There are many comprehensive and excellent postings in the above forum, and clearly there are members who know a great deal more about the subject than I do. The specimen that I used was the one on the Mijas Costa Foreigners' website. It sets out how to complete the form

One thing that I don't agree with is the statement made by some members that the form and payment has to be made by 30th June each year. I asked specifically about this point at Hacienda and was assured that the correct date is 31st December. The tax return does, of course, relate to the previuos year i.e. December 2009 was for year end 31st December 2008.

I notice that you say that you purchased in March last year (2009?) If so, your return will be before 31st December 2010. Make sure that you purchase the  forms (one set for each person if jointly owned) well in advance of the year end as Hacienda do sometimes run out of them. They cost very little - about 50 centimos a set.

Regards, John

Like 0      
08 Feb 2010 9:39 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Big Thank you degato34,

Very informative.  You have put my mind at ease that i do not need to panic.  And i will look into the form 210 asap.

kind regards TP1.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2010 9:13 PM by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Advertising **

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 5:45 PM by degato34 Star rating in West Yorkshire (God'.... 35 posts Send private message

Please stop touting Leswill. You don't need a knowledge of Spanish to complete the 210 - just common sense and the abilty to read the excellent postings on this website

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 7:03 PM by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

Degato, I beg to differ with you.  I am not touting, merely offering a service to people who are not confident about completing their own non resident tax returns - many of whom there are I can assure you. 

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 7:19 PM by degato34 Star rating in West Yorkshire (God'.... 35 posts Send private message

In my book, offering your services for payment is touting for business.

That said, I do not doubt your knowledge of the subject. However, this is a friends' website and ought to be used as such without seeking to obtain any payment. Although my knowledge is limited I have owned properties in Spain for about 30 years and I have many Spanish friends as well as expats that I can call upon for advice. I would never dream of asking for payment when offering to help.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 8:10 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi all if you want to know how to fill in the rena tax form 210 for non-residents go to Don Juan community forum page go down to the Wealth tax/and income tax for non- residents ken 333 post  Irene

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Golf tournament in aid of Haiti - 5th February 2010 - 0 posts
On Airport Parking Murcia Airport - 4 posts
Manicurist - nails - 0 posts
Granada, Motril, Malaga Motorway - 7 posts
Piano / Keyboard Lessons - 0 posts
Escaping from Florida, USA - 21 posts
Bus From Alicante Airport - 4 posts
2 month rental - what documentation should I receive ? - 5 posts
watching Spanish tv in UK - 6 posts
Lawyer taking money doing nothing - 54 posts
Kiss Flights from Glasgow to Spain - 2 posts
from dole to self employed heard there was a way? - 3 posts
long term rental - 0 posts
On line presentation of modelo 210 through the aeat website - 0 posts
water ski, golf, property to develop - 1 posts
Need to buy a new portable gas fire - Almeria - 6 posts
Astronomical Endesa Bill for Dec-Jan 2010 - 11 posts
eXCERCISE BIKE WANTED - 0 posts
Banco Halifax login problems - 3 posts
Any rules on buying a spanish car if a non resident? - 6 posts
Wanted Long Term Rental in Turre - 0 posts
how do i get bbc/itv in mar menor - 6 posts
new bar at lo crispin - 4 posts
i dont know spanish.. can soeone tell me what song this is? - 5 posts
Distance to build - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x