watching Spanish tv in UK

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by kenco Star rating in very wet scarborough.... 33 posts Send private message

kenco´s avatar

can anyone throw some light on a way of watching Spanish TV in the uk to help with  my Spanish lessons ?

Justin to said you stream english channels, perhaps this is the way,

here or on facebook please

This message was last edited by kenco on 25/01/2010.

Like 0      
25 Jan 2010 4:04 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - I'm afraid I can't help with Spanish channels but before I came out here to live I used to watch the Euro News (I think that is what it was called) on cable.  The news items are recorded in the home language of the actual item and then dubbed into a whole range of languages.  What I particularly liked was that I could listen to the item in English and then change to Spanish and hear it again as they repeat the items regularly.

One fascinating discovery was that, whatever the source language, the spanish version always finished well before the original speaker - now I know that the spanish speak too fast!

Like 0      
25 Jan 2010 4:21 PM by kenco Star rating in very wet scarborough.... 33 posts Send private message

kenco´s avatar

Thanks claire, thats food for thought,

yes the Spaniards do talk at an incredible pace, it was one of the reasons I learned to slow down when I speak to someone learning English,. to give them half a chance to digest it as we go along, i know how it feels LOL

Like 0      
25 Jan 2010 5:09 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

You used to be able to watch TVe international on sky but TVe changed their satellite so you can no longer receive on the Astra satellite. You would need another dish pointing to the new satellite. Euronews is good to watch and listen to in spanish. If you have a sky box you can set your language to be spanish (it'll only be spanish on channels that broadcast in multiple languages, so your ordinary channels aren't affected). The thing with the news is that you usually have some idea of what is going on as well. I need to do more of it myself.

Like 0      
25 Jan 2010 5:33 PM by kenco Star rating in very wet scarborough.... 33 posts Send private message

kenco´s avatar

Thanks Mary,

yes I think you have the solution maybee,

just googled TVE, its moved to the hotbird satellite at 13 degrees, not sure if its encrypted but will persue that avenue for now.dont want to have to pay any subscription LOL. dishes and lnbs are not much money so may try it out. It shows the beam to be strong over the uk as well as Spain.

Like 0      
25 Jan 2010 5:53 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

There are lots of videos on the the TVE website and here for Telecinco.  Not sure how useful that is for you.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Jan 2010 7:49 PM by kenco Star rating in very wet scarborough.... 33 posts Send private message

kenco´s avatar

Thanks Justin, that is a useful couple of sites, many thanks, I have bookmarked them......

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Lawyer taking money doing nothing - 54 posts
Kiss Flights from Glasgow to Spain - 2 posts
from dole to self employed heard there was a way? - 3 posts
long term rental - 0 posts
On line presentation of modelo 210 through the aeat website - 0 posts
water ski, golf, property to develop - 1 posts
Need to buy a new portable gas fire - Almeria - 6 posts
Astronomical Endesa Bill for Dec-Jan 2010 - 11 posts
eXCERCISE BIKE WANTED - 0 posts
Banco Halifax login problems - 3 posts
Any rules on buying a spanish car if a non resident? - 6 posts
Wanted Long Term Rental in Turre - 0 posts
how do i get bbc/itv in mar menor - 6 posts
new bar at lo crispin - 4 posts
i dont know spanish.. can soeone tell me what song this is? - 5 posts
Distance to build - 0 posts
New to Eye on Spain - 10 posts
Abandoned puppies - 0 posts
Illegal licences - 0 posts
Any way of getting a MOT in spain, or equivalent. - 43 posts
beware of trying to get out of a mess in spain - 2 posts
Zapatero gets a bashing over demolitions - 25 posts
helpme find plumber/bathroom designer DAVID ORTON was UK based - 7 posts
new to forum about to conclude jardines - 11 posts
Suing agent who sold the property? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x