Telephone Line Rental

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me who provides the cheapest line rental on the Costa Blanca. The previous owners have been connected to telefonica. However, when we bought the place it had been cut off. Really just want to get incoming calls. The family are able to ring Europe for free so it would be nice to get the calls. Thanks

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 5:44 PM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar

Hi Kev,

My friend is with a company called skynetlink from catral.

He pays 25 euros a month. 5 euros for the phone line

and 20 euros for the internet connection. I beleive

the phone calls are 3 cents per minute to ring

a landline in spain or england. to install it

was approx 150 euros.

if you want their details send me a p.m.

GYPSY

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 5:46 PM by Comanche Star rating in Islas Canarias. 13 posts Send private message

Hi

Look at the BT website

btabroad "dot"com

902 231 222

Like 0      
27 Aug 2009 1:47 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Thank you both. I've managed to find both on the net and have sent e mails to the companies requesting more information. Thank you both once again. Kevin

Like 0      
02 Sep 2009 10:19 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Hi, Skynet link do not cover Playa Flamenca, well not at the moment. Will follow up with BT although to be honest I couldn't get rid of them soon enough in the UK!

Like 0      
03 Sep 2009 11:00 AM by EnzoVNG Star rating in London, UK. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Kev

I just wanted to know more on what exactly you are looking for to see if our new Vonage service in Spain could be any useful to you.

We don't provide line rentals, however our service allows you to have a UK number in Spain and let you save money on the phone bill!

So when people in the UK want to call you, they simply dial that UK number. It’s as though you were still just round the corner. And when you want to talk to people back in the UK, you simply pick up the phone, just like before, forgetting international tariffs...

Simply google 'Vonage Spain' for more information OR get in touch if you have any questions

Cheers

Enzo

Like 0      
03 Sep 2009 11:10 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Hi Enzo,

I've had a look and it is very interesting. However, at the moment it is not what I want. We have a place in Spain and spend time there most months. There is no broadband there at the moment. I just want to be able to get incoming calls and make the odd out going call. Currently I use my Sapnish mobile. I was hoping there would be a better alternative. Thanks for your help. Kevin

Like 0      
03 Sep 2009 4:30 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I was in the same situation when I bought our resale.  I had the line reconnected by Telifonica, I paid for the connection over two bills but as they are in Spain I'm unable to confirm what I paid.

I also mainly receive calls but when my husband comes out with me the bills go up as he rings UK each day, the most I've paid is 56e which I don't think is too bad.

I was advised not to rent a phone from Telefonica so that keeps the cost down a little.  When the engineer arrives he will even move the socket for you.  Mine's in the hallway and I wish I'd changed it to the living room.

I know they have bad press but It's suited our purposes.  When we're over there full time then we'll look at getting a call package from someone else.

I don't have the internet as I'm only over for a maximum for 3 weeks at a time.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

SUPER-INCOMPETENT TELEFONICA - 5 posts
to overpay or to not overpay, that is a question - 9 posts
JANE & ANDREW GODDEN - 0 posts
Help for British Disabled in Spain. - 0 posts
Honest answers - 0 posts
Pool Size - 5 posts
For Sale - Seat Inca 1.9Sdi Van - 0 posts
enquiry - 6 posts
Concerned about my Privacy on EOS site. - 22 posts
Barclays Opportunity Account - 27 posts
Adopt kitten - 0 posts
L.F.O. and errant Architect - 4 posts
We got a second opinion from another Vet in Benijofar. - 7 posts
Suzuki LTZ 400 Quad Bike for Sale - 0 posts
Briish Television... - 4 posts
If your a dog or cat lover please read this..... - 10 posts
4 JOINT OWNERS TO BUY A NEW CAR. - 24 posts
Frozen Sky Box - 4 posts
Yellow Rose of Texas. - 9 posts
Freesat from Sky Cards - Important - 0 posts
Help illegal squatters - 7 posts
Electricity Bills - 1 posts
Looking for a property swap in Costa Del Sol - 2 posts
Is it me, or is this a load of old rubbish!?! - 8 posts
Early retirement in Spain??? - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x