4 JOINT OWNERS TO BUY A NEW CAR.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by davethetaller Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

A year ago I would not have felt that this would be viable, but we have all seen what has happened to car hire prices.

Briefly, I  own a property on a golf resort near to San Javier, and have made it known that I am looking for three other like minded people, to share in the purchase and running of a new (Spanish) car. I now have a full team,  The purpose of this post, is for those of you out there, who may know of people in such a car share scheme, to perhaps point me in the direction of a template that they use, so that each owner gets the best value for their Euro.

The things we are happy with are, New car / 5 year guarantee / reliable make / auto transmission / chain driven engine / low tax bracket / local main dealer with servicing on site / low insurance group /...... did I mention aircon ?!!!

As well as perhaps a pointer in the direction of a current good scheme, I would love to hear of things that must be avoided at all costs, ...or at least adapted to suit.

Thanks in anticipation.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 1:40 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

If there is anyone in the Playa Flamenca area interested in a car sharing scheme? Let me know. Kevin

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 9:45 PM by davethetaller Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Hope that you get sorted Kevin, ....anyway....it proves that there is a need out there.

So if any of you have seen similar "advice needed", or threads on other forums, please tell.

Thanks.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2009 4:59 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

The concept sounds good but what would happen if the joint owners are out in Spain at the same time?

This would only work with non-residents but could prove difficult to organise.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2009 7:52 PM by davethetaller Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Hi there semi jubilada,

The other 3 owners are all open minded about their weeks.

The 4 of us will have 3 weeks in each of the 4 seasons. Being (semi) retired, I will watch the low cost airline prices,  When I spot a real good deal, I will check on the rosta if they are " my " weeks. We will all have an agreement , that if you have not booked that time to go out, then a swap can, (and would be encouraged), to take place. You scratch my back etc. If via phone or email, they have booked that time already, fine, I will book another date.

If 2 owners are over together, which will rarely happen as we are all easy going on dates, then we have agreed to use the car every other day.

If you / anyone, own a property on La Tercia golf, near Balsicas, then it may well be that portions can be adjusted to accommdate,as we will not go live for a few weeks yet.  Remember, a main ingredient  for us all is flexability.

If interested please send a private message.

Thanks. Dave.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2009 8:38 PM by sandrab Star rating in Bournemouth & La Ter.... 528 posts Send private message

sandrab´s avatar

Bonsoir Dave the Taller - its Sandra the Shorter here.

Talking to one of your car buddies the other night - do not forget to get your Padron (need it to buy a new car in Spain).  Just remember to get this before you try to buy the car!

See you on September 26 hopefully!

Luxury holidays in Murcia spain at 

www.rodagolfinspain.com 

Like 0      
03 Sep 2009 9:36 PM by davethetaller Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Ola, Sandra the Shorter,

You see, I speak German also !

By the way, there is a "C " missing out of your "Username".

sandrab and I are not an item, but yes we do have a date on the 26th. of this month, at our annual community bash !

I was of the opinion that to buy a new, (or indeed any) car in Spain, I needed to show proof of Padron, OR a valid NIE number.

I do own a property in Spain, paid my council charge etc, but because I spend 70% of my time in the UK, I am not on the Padron.

Can I buy without being registered on the Padron,  using my NIE number ?

Thanks again in anticipation.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2009 9:39 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

As a non resident it's not always possible to register on the Padron.

To buy a car you will need an NIE number and a copy simplia (proof of your address in Spain).

Once driving you will also need to provide proof of address if you are stopped by traffico.  If not the registered owner of the car then you will also need proof that you have the owners permission to drive the car.  Also you will need proof that the car has been insured and of course your driving licence.

If you don't have the last three listed then the car will be impounded and will only be released once you have paid the fine and provided the necessary documents.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2009 4:29 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi Dave

I had no problem getting padron to purchase a car (non residenet), just took necessary documents to the local town hall ie, (passport, nie no.deeds to house etc.} paid 6-8 euros, 3 later padron issued. No problems whatsoever.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2009 5:55 PM by davethetaller Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Thanks again for your reply semijubilada,and thanks to roddy1,

So is there any advantage in my being on the Padron ?

I seem to remember reading somewhere,  that if you are on it, then some bills are discounted.

Thanks.... Dave.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2009 6:31 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

In Torrevieja you get a free bus pass for the local area.  Unfortunately unless you have a residencia certificate then you cannot sign onto Padron.  A friend tried 3 times to sign on a recent trip out to Spain, each time she saw a different person and she was refused each time.

Only thing to do is go along to the ayunmiento and see how far you get.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2009 6:43 PM by sandrab Star rating in Bournemouth & La Ter.... 528 posts Send private message

sandrab´s avatar

hI

Some friends of mine who live at La Mata do not have a residencia but did get a Padron and bought a car locally - their lawyer got them a place in the queue at the Town Hall and hence their Padronso they could buy their car.  Seems its who you know possibly?

Sandra (getting schorter by the minute)!

Luxury holidays in Murcia spain at 

www.rodagolfinspain.com 

Like 0      
04 Sep 2009 7:27 PM by davethetaller Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Thanks semijubilada and sandrab,

So armed with my NIE and proof of purchase of a Spanish property, is being on the Padron going to save me any money ?

(I will not need the free bus pass when we get the car) !.

Dave.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2009 8:01 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

When buying a car you need to show proof of where you reside in Spain.  This used to be confirmed by a Padron certificate but now non residents can show their deeds of property or a rental agreement.  Possibly this is for the payment of car tax.

Being registered on the Padron doesn't save you any money but as it's a single page document it's easier to carry a copy in your car than the 4/5 pages of a copy simplia.

Like 0      
22 Dec 2009 4:23 PM by davethetaller Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Well we are almost there now with our car buying share, I am over in 2 or 3 weeks to tie up the finer points.

The finer points being to go to the main office in Murcia to obtain my Padron, (hopefully the same day), call into a car insurance shop to thrust them some cash,(perhaps Jennifer Cunninghams in Los Alcazares, they seem friendly enough), call at the car dealership and listen to some delivery "manyana", and finally, do some mystery shopping for a long term parking spot at Murcia airport.

Two things that I need help with to get the best deal at the end of the day,  are:

A recommendation as to whether the Spanish version of Direct Line are a good company to be with, or can you say who is ?

A reliable long term off airport parking facility at Murcia Airport.

Hope that some of Santas little helpers can help.

A merry Christmas to all.

Dave.

Like 0      
22 Dec 2009 5:02 PM by georgeh Star rating in condado de alhama sp.... 1462 posts Send private message

I have just bought and insured a car in spain.

its a citroen c3 2006 56k on clock 1.1 petrol 4500 euros from torrecar torrevieja who still have a few left if your quick

i have checked insurance with direct line and through ibex

ibex were slightly cheaper 349 euros fully comp incl breakdown and glass cover

i went into the local office and everything was explained in english and i walked out with my green card and all cover docs.

if you go through direct line you may get them sometime in 2011 through the wonderful spanish postal system.

now you can see how easy my choice was

pm me for a local  contact number if interested

Like 0      
22 Dec 2009 6:46 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Where is the local office for Ibex?

I have their home insurance but I've been dealing with them other the phone as my agent retired.

Like 0      
22 Dec 2009 9:06 PM by Spiderman Star rating in Lancashire/Salado. 16 posts Send private message

For long term parking at Murcia Airport try Seguro Parking, I used them a couple of times this year when I left a UK registered car over in Spain for the summer and found them very efficient and reliable.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2009 6:06 PM by georgeh Star rating in condado de alhama sp.... 1462 posts Send private message

for ibex call andy at castillo magellan on orihuela costa 965322834

Like 0      
23 Dec 2009 8:32 PM by Joe1949 Star rating in Manchester. 61 posts Send private message

I have a secure undergound parking place in Los Alcazares about 3 miles from San Javier airport  [10-12 euro in a taxi].

I can rent it 10 euro a week  short  or long term..

Joe

This message was last edited by Joe1949 on 23/12/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Frozen Sky Box - 4 posts
Yellow Rose of Texas. - 9 posts
Freesat from Sky Cards - Important - 0 posts
Help illegal squatters - 7 posts
Electricity Bills - 1 posts
Looking for a property swap in Costa Del Sol - 2 posts
Is it me, or is this a load of old rubbish!?! - 8 posts
Early retirement in Spain??? - 9 posts
Anyone feeling sorry for the Aussies? - 0 posts
Animal abuse... thank God someone has some sense ! - 5 posts
Anyone need any help? - 4 posts
Monarch London Gatwick to Murcia - 5 posts
Moving to Spain in 2 months - 2 posts
Hidden charges - 4 posts
2nd hand car sales - 9 posts
weekenders - 1 posts
Plaiting Onions!! - 3 posts
Gisela ... - 28 posts
RYANAIR WINTER FLIGHTS - 0 posts
Moors & Christains Fiesta - 2 posts
Fly screens - 6 posts
Making a Will in Spain - 9 posts
Market trading - 3 posts
'silver fish' - 3 posts
moving in November but dont know where to ! - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x