enquiry

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by arkles Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Is it illegal for the president and treasurer to live in the same property on a community

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 11:17 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

By treasurer do you mean Administrator?  I didn't know communities needed a treasurer.

I am the president of our community here and we employ the services of an administrator to look after the money and get things sorted.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 11:26 PM by arkles Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi Justin

On our community we have a treasurer and administrator.  The treasurer is the presidents wife and we were told that the president and the treasurer cannot live in the same property.  Do you know if this is right. 

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 11:32 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

You got me on that one.  Have a read of the (yawn) horizontal laws that govern the community and see what it says there.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 11:43 PM by arkles Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

hi justin

thank you i will look at that

robert deakin

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 11:39 AM by spanishsolicitor Star rating in Murcia. 140 posts Send private message

spanishsolicitor´s avatar

Hi arkles

You won’t find any specific reference to the office of treasurer in the Act.

Only the offices of president, vice-president, secretary and administrator are dealt by the Horizontal Property Act. Nevertheless the last paragraph of section 13 (1) of the mentioned Act makes provision for ‘other governing bodies of the community’

‘The Articles of the commonhold association or a majority resolution from the Owners’ Committee may establish other governing bodies of the community, but only insofar as this does not entail any impairment whatsoever of the roles and duties regard to third parties that this Act confers to the aforementioned’(president, vice-president, secretary, administrator and the Owners’ Committee)

You should read the Articles (Estatutos) of your community or the minutes appointing the office of treasurer in order to find out if there is any restriction imposed to hold such office

Like 0      
29 Aug 2009 10:46 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I understood that as each house/ apartment has only ONE vote ( as confirmed to me by Maria de Castro previously ) then it follows that only one person from each habitation can be an 'official'.

In any event, having a Presidente AND a treasurer at the same address ( husband and wife ) seems ridiculous to me, just setting themselves up for trouble.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Concerned about my Privacy on EOS site. - 22 posts
Barclays Opportunity Account - 27 posts
Adopt kitten - 0 posts
L.F.O. and errant Architect - 4 posts
We got a second opinion from another Vet in Benijofar. - 7 posts
Suzuki LTZ 400 Quad Bike for Sale - 0 posts
Briish Television... - 4 posts
If your a dog or cat lover please read this..... - 10 posts
4 JOINT OWNERS TO BUY A NEW CAR. - 24 posts
Frozen Sky Box - 4 posts
Yellow Rose of Texas. - 9 posts
Freesat from Sky Cards - Important - 0 posts
Help illegal squatters - 7 posts
Electricity Bills - 1 posts
Looking for a property swap in Costa Del Sol - 2 posts
Is it me, or is this a load of old rubbish!?! - 8 posts
Early retirement in Spain??? - 9 posts
Anyone feeling sorry for the Aussies? - 0 posts
Animal abuse... thank God someone has some sense ! - 5 posts
Anyone need any help? - 4 posts
Monarch London Gatwick to Murcia - 5 posts
Moving to Spain in 2 months - 2 posts
Hidden charges - 4 posts
2nd hand car sales - 9 posts
weekenders - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x