Probably stupid question bout Ryan air and departing different airports

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by sue-g Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Hi

would i be able to book a return flight flying from bournemouth to alicante, and then returning murcia to bournemouth ?

cheers

Like 0      
19 Aug 2009 8:15 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Not really a stupid question.

You wouldn't book it as a return  flight, you would book a single outbound and a single inbound. The only thing to think about is that if you hire a car it will cost more to return it to a different destination

Like 0      
19 Aug 2009 8:16 PM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

I think you will need to book two seperate one way flights.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2009 8:23 PM by sue-g Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

thank you for your replies, i guess the only downside to booking two singles is that they'll sting me for double the payment charge then won't they?

Like 0      
19 Aug 2009 8:26 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

It makes no difference on low cost airlines whether you book single or return.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2009 9:01 PM by the toffees Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

We have done this many times and with no problem at all.  Never been charged extra for the car hire either (as far as we know!!)

Like 0      
19 Aug 2009 10:38 PM by davethetaller Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Hi,

To avoid card charges totally with most low cost carriers, get yourself a VISA ELECTRON card from your local bank.

They do not advertise it, as there is little profit for them, but it works really well.

It is not a credit card, and you can only spend what you have previously topped it up with, in your branch.

I  usually leave about a hundred squids in there, so if I get an automated email, offering a fantastic price, I can book it there and then, and get the best dates. It does not pay interest, so that is me about £2 a year down !

Hope that helps.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2009 11:01 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

I concur and someone has just informed me that you can transfer money to a foreign bank from the Halifax Electron card for £9.50 and see the exchange rate you will get before you finalise the transaction. Ideal if you need to top up your spanish bank account!

Like 0      
20 Aug 2009 1:55 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Ryan would make a charge for using a card to pay. Ryanair charge per flight. So it would make no difference if you book a return or two singles. I have a current account with Abbey with a debit card, rang them and they issued an electron card for no charge. Have saved all the card fees with Ryanair, easyjet charge per booking and have been able to save that as well.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2009 12:14 AM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

try wegolo.com and select bournemouth as dep and alicante as arrival this site will show you all flights to and back again and will also show you either alicante or murcia as a return if it is available

Like 0      
23 Aug 2009 1:08 AM by davethetaller Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Hi there,

Single flight Bournemouth to Alicante.

Single flight Murcia to Bournemouth.

None of the airlines do a return ticket..It is a single ticket out and a single ticket back,(with a different airline if you wish) !

PS...Do not forget the VISA ELECTRON card.

Hope that helps.

Like 0      
23 Aug 2009 1:26 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Ryanair count all trips as single trips irrespective of whether they are made at the same time.

As stated in their T's and C'c  Ryanair are a 'Point- to- Point airline' (not point-to-point-to-point).

They also actively discourage onward bookings either with Ryanair or (quote) '...any other air or surface mode of transport...' (unquote) and will not be held responsible for missed connections. Under there mode of operations there is no such thing as a connecting flight...or train...or bus...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 4:57 PM by sue-g Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

thank you to everyone for your help

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ryanair returning to Valencia - 1 posts
minimum wage - 2 posts
second hand private sale what to do ???????? - 2 posts
Above ground pool........ - 1 posts
Pocket dragon collectors??????? - 5 posts
Great Healthcare in Almeria - 2 posts
Channel 5 changes... - 0 posts
Hertz Car Hire - 1 posts
Consequence of lack of business Insurance - 2 posts
Long term rental - 0 posts
Buying Currency for US holiday - 3 posts
Bahia de Casares - 2 posts
Communal pool - 11 posts
Items for sale due to move to UK - 14 posts
Opening a bank account - 8 posts
Marbella uk key management services. - 0 posts
Pay as you go Broadband - 39 posts
Multi lingual forum - 11 posts
New property management service we hold the key - 0 posts
Rental with a view to purchase - 0 posts
Registering with Health Authority - Form E106 - 8 posts
Ryanair pulling out of Manchester. - 18 posts
Social Security - Embargo of assets - 1 posts
Community fee - 10 posts
Check out this thread - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x