Pay as you go Broadband

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by gerkinsella Star rating in Dublin Ireland/Daya .... 35 posts Send private message

gerkinsella´s avatar

Hi all

Not sure if this has been asked before , but I was wondering can you get pay as you go broadband in Spain , if so with who and what is the cost.  We are in Daya Nueva, in land from Guardamar.

Thanks for your help

Geraldine

Like 0      
17 Aug 2009 10:37 PM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi

No not as I know of, however  you can use a dongle unlocked which can be brought of Ebay where you buy a sim card local in spain and just top up when you want , the software is pre loaded in the dongle. or comes on a cd.

I have brought one of Ebay and I am going to try this when i go to spain next week, on Vodafone.

Please look on Ebay there is lots of information on dongles unlocked'

hope this helps

Like 0      
17 Aug 2009 10:47 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi

Yes you can get pay as broadband in Spain, which on a Vodaphone network, but all the other providers do pay as go dongles. I am not sure of the costs I just top it up when required. 

Like 0      
17 Aug 2009 10:54 PM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi Roddy

If  Vodafone do a pay as you go, are you not tied to an 18month contract for the dongle ?

Like 0      
17 Aug 2009 11:20 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi

Yes you can get a Vodafone pay as you go dongle with no contract here on the CDS, ive got one and it works really well for me. The cost was around 69e and it comes loaded with a certain amount of download capacity, things to note

Quite expensive, 30e lasts me around 10 days medium use no big downloads.

Easy to top up at many outlets in Spain

Check that that you have a good signal on a vodafone mobile where you are going to use it first, if you have it will work fine.

Info on www.vodafone.es

Like 0      
18 Aug 2009 9:41 AM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi Team GB

Thanks for the infomation yes I can get a good signal on my Vodafone spanish mobile, just for future information are the dongles in spain  EU conpatible.

Thanks

Like 0      
18 Aug 2009 12:41 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Goldie

Don't know the answer to that, if had to guess i would say no. It don't work in the uk.

Steve

Like 0      
18 Aug 2009 1:24 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I have a vodafone dongle but pay 39 euros per month unlimited use. It does work in the UK but I dont know if there was an extra charge or not as I could not decifer the bill! I think there was no extra charge but I would not swear to it!

No reason you could not get a chip for the UK and one for Spain using whichever you need to at the time

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Aug 2009 11:14 AM by sms0611 Star rating in Fuengirola. 21 posts Send private message

If you do not wish to deal with Vodaphone, Orange also do a wireless dongle, I don't know the exact details but I believe it works out cheaper than Vodaphone.

There are also at least 2 companies that do pay as you go Wi-Fi, Y-Internet and VIP Hotspot here on CDS. Check with them on coverage.

Like 0      
24 Aug 2009 12:17 PM by Daveline Star rating in Lancashire & Orihuel.... 44 posts Send private message

HI,

if you  can go the unlocked dongle route as suggested (Yes they are EU compatable) then MAS MOVIL and YOIGO are the cheapest PAYGO providers both with free SIMS.

No contracts no minimum spends etc.

Cheers

Dave

Like 0      
24 Aug 2009 5:00 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Rixxy, I saw the Vodafone dongles advertised in the UK for £15pm, so I thought thats cheaper than what we pay in Spain, but I was told if you use it abroad you incurr roaming charges same as a moblile phone, so it's pssibly the same in reverse.

We have an Orangle dongle in Spain it is 35 euros pm unlimited use. We got it through Euphony.

Regards, Poppyseed.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
24 Aug 2009 8:48 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Oh yes for sure you will pay through the nose on roaming!

Orange sounds a bit cheaper but personally I wouldnt be sure of the coverage. Im chuffed to bits with my stick and soooooo glad to be away from Telefonica!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
24 Aug 2009 11:34 PM by Kinch Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

HI all

Thanks for the replies.

Geraldine

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 12:07 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Vodafone have reduced their roaming charges for mobile broadband.  According to their website, it is £8.50 for 24 hours.  I assume that would also be "or part thereof" although it doesn't say so.  Jump on the PC for 24 hours solid to get your moneys worth, gotta be cheaper than some of the interweb caffs charge.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 1:41 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Gosh thats good. Is that for a UK one using it in Spain??

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 10:47 AM by johnnie1uk Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

Goldie -  is your dongle unlocked any good then?

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 4:36 PM by gerkinsella Star rating in Dublin Ireland/Daya .... 35 posts Send private message

gerkinsella´s avatar

Hi

Goldie I am interested to know if you used you Unlocked Dongle while in Spain and if it worked ok

Thanks

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 4:49 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I have a Vidafone dongle and it worked fine in th UK without having to do anything.

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 5:09 PM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

What, pray, is a dongle?! 

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 5:24 PM by Jeanie60 Star rating. 103 posts Send private message

lol .......its a device you plug into the side of your laptop and you can get connected to the internet.

I am using one now as i dont have BB any more, mine is with voda phone and it costs £15 and very usefull.

Jeanie.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Multi lingual forum - 11 posts
New property management service we hold the key - 0 posts
Rental with a view to purchase - 0 posts
Registering with Health Authority - Form E106 - 8 posts
Ryanair pulling out of Manchester. - 18 posts
Social Security - Embargo of assets - 1 posts
Community fee - 10 posts
Check out this thread - 0 posts
manzanares lawyers - 0 posts
Wanted 80 to 100 sq meters as storage in Fuengiola, Las Lagunas, La Cala area - 0 posts
andalucian dream homes - 3 posts
Spanish assets - 26 posts
Qualification required to use public transport in the UK... - 4 posts
Car Hire again - fully comp insurance? - 25 posts
Uk Shopping In Spain - Consumer Advisor - 0 posts
On-line shopping - 0 posts
Does anyone in Condado provide a pick-up/drop-off @ San Javier? - 2 posts
moving to spain - 9 posts
Horizontal Property Law - can a community/individual opt out? - 5 posts
Sky tv in Spain, the time is coming to watch out.!!! - 87 posts
Meson Rocio, Sabinillas - 17 posts
C Bar in the port - 4 posts
SPAIN UNCUT-UNPAID - 0 posts
Illogical Captain, totally illogical... - 3 posts
Drop down menus - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 40

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x