Just something really to think about..............

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Aug 2007 11:35 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Well that's it, all packed, ready to go, leaving in 4 hours so in the immortal words of the Bay City Rollers

Like 0      
22 Aug 2007 10:41 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Don't buy opposite a bar in Torrevieja.

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 12:09 AM by chipmonk Star rating in Staffordshire, Engla.... 101 posts Send private message

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 12:20 AM by chipmonk Star rating in Staffordshire, Engla.... 101 posts Send private message

chipmonk´s avatar
How to have sex on the beach without getting sand in everything

VideoJug: How To Make A Sex On The Beach Cocktail

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 1:47 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
 The Truth About  Diet & Exercise

Q: I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life; is this true?
A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it... don't waste
  them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart
  will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life
  of your carby driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and
  corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an
  efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain?
  Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy
  vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily
  allowance of vegetable products.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandyis distilled wine, that
  means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of
  the goodness that way. Beeris also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have a body and you have fat, your ratio is one to one. If
  you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise
  program?
A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!!! .... Foods are fried these days in vegetable
  oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables
  be bad for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the
  middle?
A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should
  only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.
Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: Are you crazy? HELLO Cocoa beans! Another vegetable!!! It's the best
  feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.
Q:Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is a shape!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about
food and diets.

And remember: For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on
  nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting
 nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat
  and suffer fewer heart attacks than Australians, British and Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat
  and suffer fewer heart attacks than  Australians, British and Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine
  and suffer fewer heart attacks than Australians,  British and Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine
  and suffer fewer heart attacks than Australians, British  and Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats and
        suffer fewer heart attacks than Australians and Americans.

CONCLUSION

Eat and drink what you like.
             Speaking English is apparently what kills you

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 2:34 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

The Mammogram !

For years and years they told me,
Be careful of your breasts.

Don't ever squeeze or bruise them.

And give them monthly tests.

So I heeded all their warnings,

And protected them by law.

Guarded them very carefully,

And I always wore my bra.

After 30 years of astute care,

My gyno, Dr Pruitt,

Said I should get a Mammogram

"OK," I said, "let's do it."
"Stand up here real close" she said,
(She got my boob in line),

"And tell me when it hurts," she said,
"Ah yes! Right there, that's fine."
She stepped upon a pedal,

I could not believe my eyes!

A plastic plate came slamming down,

My hooters in a vise!

My skin was stretched and mangled,

From underneath my chin.

My poor boob was being squashed,

To Swedish Pancake thin.

Excruciating pain I felt,

Within it's viselike grip.

A prisoner in this vicious thing,

My poor defenseless tit!

"Take a deep breath," she said to me,
Who does she think she's kidding?!?

My chest is mashed in her machine,

And woozy I am getting.

"There, that's good," I heard her say,
(The room was slowly swaying.)

"Now, let's have a go at the other one."
Have mercy, I was praying.

It squeezed me from both up and down,

It squeezed me from both sides.

I'll bet SHE'S never had this done,

To HER tender little hide.

Next time that they make me do this,

I will request a blindfold.

I have no wish to see again,

My knockers getting steam rolled.

If I had no problem when I came in,

I surely have one now.

If there had been a cyst in there,

It would have gone "ker-pow!"
This machine was created by a man,

Of this, I have no doubt.

I'd like to stick his balls in there,

And, see how THEY come out!

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 12:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Congratulations to all the kids who were born in the 1940's, 50's, 60's and 70’s !!

First, we survived being born to mothers who (mebbee) smoked and/or drank while they carried us.
They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a tin, and didn't get tested for diabetes.
Then after that trauma, our baby cots were covered with bright coloured lead-based paints.
We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking.

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags. Riding in the back of a van - loose - was always great fun.
We drank water from the garden hosepipe and NOT from a bottle. We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.

We ate cakes, white bread and real butter and drank pop with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because......WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on. No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 99 channels on cable, no video tape movies, no surround sound, no mobile phones, no text messaging, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms..........WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.
We played with worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.
We made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although we were told it would happen, we didn’t poke out anybody’s eyes.
We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them!
Local teams had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!
This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!
The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.
We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!
And YOU are one of them! CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good and while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave their parents were.

PS -The BIG type is because, at your age, your eyes are probably shot out!

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 12:36 PM by Nicky123 Star rating in Benalmadena soon to .... 17 posts Send private message

HI THERE Morerosado, just wanted to say loved your post about chidren of our time lol.... made me chuckle.

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 5:38 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

More that is so true KIDS BORN 40 50 60s compared to today, it's like whole country has gone raving mad.   Especially some of this health and safety issues.   Sorry anyone in  that job but my daughter's partner is so I know a little bit about it.  That was brilliant though More I am about to send it to him.    Pat

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 8/23/2007.

Like 0      
24 Aug 2007 11:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

My friend sent me this & I thought I'd share it with you.

THE  GIFT

The other day, a young  person asked me how I felt about being old.   I was taken aback, for I do  not think of myself as old.

Upon seeing my  reaction, he was immediately embarrassed, but I explained that it was an  interesting question, and I would ponder it, and let him  know.

Growing Older, I decided, is  a gift. I am now, probably for the first time in my life, the person I  have always wanted to be.  Oh, not my body!   I sometime despair over my body  .. the wrinkles, the baggy eyes, and the cellulite, the fat, the limping gait..    And often I am taken  aback by that old person that lives in my mirror, but I don't agonize over  those things for long.

I would never trade my  amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair  or a flatter belly.    As I've aged, I've become more kind to myself, and  less critical of myself.   I've become my own friend. I don't chide myself  for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly book that I didn't  need,  but looks so intersting   I am entitled to be messy, to  be extravagant, to smell the flowers.   I have seen too many dear friends  leave this world too soon; before they  understood the great freedom that  comes with aging.

Whose business  is  it  if  I  choose to read or play on the computer until  4:00 a.m.  and then sleep until ?

I will dance with  myself  to those wonderful tunes of the 50's & 60's, and if I, at the  same time, wish to weep over a lost love, I will.

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is  stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon  if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the bikini  set.

They, too, will get old. (if they're lucky).   I know I am  sometimes forgetful.
But then again, some of life is just as well  forgotten and I eventually remember the important things.

Sure,  over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when  you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when a beloved pet  gets hit by a car?   But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile  and will  never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to  have lived long enough to have my hair turn gray, and to have my youthful  laughs  be  forever etched into deep grooves on my face.  So many have never  laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver. I can  say "no," and mean it. I can say "yes" and mean it

As you get  older, it is easier to be positive.  You care less about what other people  think.   I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the right  to be  wrong.

So, to answer your question, I like being older.   It has set  me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever,  but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have  been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single  day...(if I want).

Today, I wish you a day of ordinary miracles. 
 Love simply.
 Love generously.
Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2007 12:02 AM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Thanks f0r sharing the gift with us M0re

Julia

Like 0      
25 Aug 2007 12:10 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I thought about this gift Morerosada, and:

I thought:

Love simply. - Easy, it costs nothing,chill, and love flows.

Love generously. - Be nice and love your fellow man, it costs nothing.

Care deeply. Speak from the bottom of your heart, - an acid tongue eats itself to death.

Leave the rest to God - He watches and takes heed. He repays your bad sins in the end.

What do you think on this Morerosada?

"Edited due to spelling of the word fellow"

This message was last edited by FibbyUK on 8/25/2007.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
25 Aug 2007 1:57 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I'm just nipping to the shop for some Dove, anyone else want some too. Good stuff, innit ?

Like 0      
25 Aug 2007 7:39 AM by chipmonk Star rating in Staffordshire, Engla.... 101 posts Send private message

chipmonk´s avatar

I always wondered why it took the missus so long to get ready to go out at nght.

'Just going to put a bit of make up on and do my hair be with you in a min' (two hours later)

Like 0      
26 Aug 2007 1:36 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

The Lighter side Of Getting Old

Be Kind To Yourself Have Some Fun

Run Naked!

Like 0      
26 Aug 2007 1:40 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I thought you would want to know about this e-mail virus. Even the most
advanced programs from Norton or McAfee cannot take care of this one.
It appears to affect those who were born prior to 1965.

Symptoms:

1. Causes you to send the same e-mail twice.  [ Done that!]

2. Causes you to send a blank e-mail!   [That too!]

3. Causes you to send e-mail to the wrong person. [Yep!]

4. Causes you to send it back to the person who sent it to you. [Who
me?]

5. Causes you to forget to attach the attachment.  [Well fooey!]

6. Causes you to hit 'SEND' before you've finished.
[Oh no - not again!]

7. Causes you to hit 'DELETE' instead of 'SEND.' 
[and I just hate that!]

8. Causes you to hit 'SEND' when you should 'DELETE.'
[Oh No!]

IT IS CALLED THE 'C-NILE VIRUS.' 

Like 0      
26 Aug 2007 12:29 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
A little girl had been shopping with her Mom in Target. She must have been 6 years old, a beautiful red haired, freckle faced image of innocence. It was pouring outside. The kind of rain that gushes over the top of rain gutters, so much in a hurry to hit the earth it has no time to flow down the spout. We all stood there under the awning and just inside the door of the Target.

We waited, some patiently, others irritated because nature messed up their hurried day. I am always mesmerized by rainfall. I got lost in the sound and sight of the heavens washing away the dirt and dust of the world. Memories of running, splashing so carefree as a child came pouring in as a welcome reprieve from the worries of my day.

The little voice was so sweet as it broke the hypnotic trance we were all caught in "Mom, let's run through the rain," she said.

"What?" Mom asked.

"Let's run through the rain!" She repeated.

"No, honey. We'll wait until it slows down a bit," Mom replied.

This young child waited about another minute and repeated: "Mom, let's run through the rain,"

"We'll get soaked if we do," Mom said.

"No, we won't, Mom. That's not what you said this morning," the young girl said as she tugged at her Mom's arm.

"This morning? When did I say we could run through the rain and not get wet?"

"Don't you remember? When you were talking to Daddy about his cancer, you said, 'If God can get us through this, he can get us through anything!'"

The entire crowd was completely silent. I swear you couldn't hear anything but the rain. We all stood silently. No one came or left in the next few minutes.

Mom paused and thought for a moment about what she would say. Now some would laugh it off and scold her for being silly. Some might even ignore what was said. But this was a moment of affirmation in a young child's life. A time when innocent trust can be nurtured so that it will bloom into faith.

"Honey, you are absolutely right. Let's run through the rain. If GOD let's us get wet, well maybe we just needed washing," Mom said.

Then off they ran. We all stood watching, smiling and laughing as they darted past the cars and yes, through the puddles. They held their shopping bags over their heads just in case. They got soaked. But they were follow ed by a few who screamed and laughed like children all the way to their cars.

And yes, I did. I ran. I got wet. I needed washing.

Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they can take away your money, and they can take away your health. But no one can ever take away your precious memories. So, don't forget to make time and take the opportunities to make memories everyday. To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven.

I hope you still take time to run through the rain.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
26 Aug 2007 12:38 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Aww Karen

Like 0      
26 Aug 2007 5:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

EVENING CLASSES FOR MEN!!!

ALL ARE WELCOME OPEN TO MEN ONLY

Note: due to the complexity and level of difficulty, each course will accept a maximum of eight participants

The course covers two days, and topics covered in this course include:

DAY ONE

HOW TO FILL ICE CUBE TRAYS

Step by step guide with slide presentation

TOILET ROLLS! - DO THEY GROW ON THE HOLDERS? Round table discussion

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN LAUNDRY BASKET & FLOOR Practicing with hamper (Pictures and graphics)

DISHES & SILVERWARE; DO THEY LEVITATE/FLY TO KITCHEN SINK OR DISHWASHER BY THEMSELVES? Debate among a panel of experts.

LOSS OF VIRILITY

Losing the remote control to your significant other - Help line and support groups

LEARNING HOW TO FIND THINGS

Starting with looking in the right place instead of turning the house upside down while screaming - Open forum

DAY TWO

EMPTY MILK CARTONS; DO THEY BELONG IN THE FRIDGE OR THE BIN?

Group discussion and role play

HEALTH WATCH; BRINGING HER FLOWERS IS NOT HARMFUL TO YOUR HEALTH

PowerPoint presentation

REAL MEN ASK FOR DIRECTIONS WHEN LOST

Real life testimonial from the one man who did

IS IT GENETICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO SIT QUIETLY AS SHE PARALLEL PARKS?

Driving simulation

LIVING WITH ADULTS; BASIC DIFFERENCES BETWEEN YOUR MOTHER AND YOUR PARTNER

Online class and role playing

HOW TO BE THE IDEAL SHOPPING COMPANION Relaxation exercises, meditation and breathing techniques

REMEMBERING IMPORTANT DATES & CALLING WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE

Bring your calendar or PDA to class

GETTING OVER IT; LEARNING HOW TO LIVE WITH BEING WRONG ALL THE TIME

Individual counselors available

Like 0      
26 Aug 2007 5:57 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
                                              HOW TO SHOWER LIKE A WOMAN 

Take off clothing and place in sectioned laundry hamper according to lights and darks. 

Walk to bathroom wearing long dressing gown. 

If you see husband along the way, cover exposed flesh and rush to the bathroom. 

Look at your womanly physique in mirror and stick out gut so you can complain
and whine even more about getting fat. 

Get in shower. 

Look for facecloth, armcloth, legcloth, long loofah, wide loofah and pumice stone. 
Wash hair once with Cucumber and Lamfrey shampoo with 83 added vitamins. 

Wash hair again with Cucumber and Lamfrey shampoo with 83 added vitamins. 
 Condition hair with Cucumber and Lamfrey conditioner enhanced with natural crocus oil. 
Leave on hair for fifteen minutes. 
Wash face with crushed apricot facial scrub for ten minutes until red raw. 

Wash entire rest of body with Ginger Nut and Jaffa Cake body wash. 
Rinse conditioner off hair (this takes at least fifteen minutes as you must make sure it has all come off). 
Shave armpits and legs. 
 Consider shaving bikini area but decide to get it waxed instead. 
Scream loudly when husband flushes toilet and you lose the water pressure. 
Turn off shower. 
Squeegee all wet surfaces in shower. 
Spray mold spots with Tilex. 

Get out of shower. 
Dry with towel the size of a small African Country. 
Wrap hair in super absorbent second towel. 
Check entire body for remotest sign of a zit. 
Attack with nails/tweezers if found. 
Return to bedroom wearing long dressing gown and towel on head. 

If you see husband along the way, cover up exposed areas, then rush to bedroom to spend
 an hour and a half getting dressed.

HOW TO SHOWER LIKE A MAN 

Take off clothes while sitting on edge of bed and leave them in a pile. 

Walk naked to the bathroom. 

If you see your wife along the way, shake wiener at her and make "woo"sound. 

Look at manly physique in mirror and suck in gut to see if you have pecs (no). 

Admire package in the mirror, scratch "privates" and smell fingers for one last whiff. 

Get in the shower. 

Don't bother to look for washcloth (you don't use one). 
Wash face, then armpits. 

Crack up at how loud fart sounds in the shower. Wash privates and surrounding area. 
Wash butt, leaving hair on the soap bar. 

Shampoo hair (do not use conditioner). 

Make a shampoo Mohawk. 

Pull back shower curtain and look at yourself in the mirror. 
   Pee (in the shower). 
Rinse off and get out of the shower. 

Fail to notice water on floor because you left curtain hanging out of tub the whole time.  
 Partially dry off. 

Look at self in the mirror, flex muscles. 

Admire package again. 

Leave shower curtain open, wet bath mat on floor. 

Leave bathroom fan and light on. 

Return to bedroom with towel around waist. 

If you pass your wife, pull off the towel, grab your package, and go "Yeah baby" and
thrust your pelvis at her. 

Throw wet towel on the bed. 

Take 2 minutes to get dressed.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

BMI Cardiff - 1 posts
Message for member "Marda" - 0 posts
Development 2 YEARS behind schedule! - 4 posts
Polaris World - 4 posts
Break in - 11 posts
Non-residents buying a car in Spain - 16 posts
The best way to transfer money to Spain (Seriously)! - 92 posts
IKEA Seville now delivering to the coast - 2 posts
estimation of entry date - 10 posts
Seems your UK rates bill can be slashed. Check it out with YOUR local council. - 3 posts
IS THERE NO END TO THE NUMBER OF NEW MEMBERS? - 26 posts
Tax returns in spain - 1 posts
Annual retreats/conference - 1 posts
Offer on UK house. - 9 posts
Commercial business consultants - 20 posts
Interior designers tenerife - 1 posts
Suppliers - 13 posts
Hello Everyone!! - 10 posts
MEETING UP IN MARBELLA - 28 March 2007 - 127 posts
WANTED - RELIABLE GARAGE CDS - 0 posts
Spanish Amazon any info - 1 posts
Bedroom Furniture For Sale - 6 posts
Need for better search engine!! - 8 posts
Onlne Bullying - 7 posts
Duquesa Hills site not finished - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 363

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x