Commercial business consultants

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by WalestoSpain Star rating in North Wales / Los Al.... 16 posts Send private message

WalestoSpain´s avatar

Hi can anyone private message me info on any commercial business consultants, plus ones to avoid.

Thanks

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 7:21 PM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

JJ

What information are you after, I may be able to assist

Darren

Darren & Michelle R17 - No.54

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 8:52 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I have colleagues who specializes in Commercial Law and are honest and speak english. Is that the kind of info you are looking for?

Best,

M.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 9:48 PM by WalestoSpain Star rating in North Wales / Los Al.... 16 posts Send private message

WalestoSpain´s avatar

We are looking to buy a business, and also need info on the law side of things too,

Thanks

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 11:02 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I'm guessing that you are looking for a business transfer agent? There are of course professional Spanish companies doing this kind of thing , but chances are, like many before you, you will be looking for an English speaking agent who can offer you a choice of businesses that cater mainly to the expat/tourist populations.

Can't speak for the Costa Blanca, but my experience in other areas (Mallorca, CDS) is that these types of agents selling businesses often do not have a great deal of knowledge of the legal side of things. My advice would be to find yourself a good reputable gestor first, speak to them about your requirements etc and pick their brains on subjects such as leases, licences etc. Then, let the agents show you what they've got, but you'll have the benefit of knowing when they're being "economic with the truth", or just bluffing their way around your questions (of which you should have loads - and then some more). If you can't find any agents with want you want, check out http://www.daltonsbusiness.com/ and www.businessesforsale.com to see what you can turn up.

Good Luck!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 7:20 AM by WalestoSpain Star rating in North Wales / Los Al.... 16 posts Send private message

WalestoSpain´s avatar

Roberto, thank you for the advice.

Yes you are correct we are looking for a business transfer agent. . We  have found three when we did a google search, not sure if I am allowed to name the companies here, as it would be good to know if the companies were ok to do business with. They all appear to have offices in the UK  aswell as Spain.

This message was last edited by WalestoSpain on 3/21/2007.

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 9:31 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Hi JJ,

I have no knowledge of the C.Blanca, but there are many members here who do, so go ahead and mention the companies you have found to see if you get any feedback. If anybody has anything too inflammatory to say about any of them, they'll probably put it in a PM, so don't worry!

The important thing I think is to do as much research of your own before meeting up with an agent, so that you are as knowledgeable (and appear so) as possible. Otherwise they may fill your head with all sorts of "information" which may or may not be beneficial to you. I have studied information on various agent websites, and found widely conflicting information. That's why I suggested you get in touch with a gestor first. Ask around some businesses in the area you will be looking, who they use/recommend You'll probably find many use the same gestor.

Just out of interest, what type of business are you thinking of? This website originally was primarily to do with off-plan property purchasing, but has grown to cover so much more, but I don't think there's been much discussion recently about business, so maybe a new thread could develop here.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 12:03 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Then we run into all the crap about commercial posts - does Justin then open himself up to the highest bidder and we all buggar off coz it loses its independence as the advertisers wont let us speak our mind - apparently I have someone out there who doesnt like me - dont know who but guy was talking to me and found he was being given conflicting info by comparison with what an agent was telling him - was being pressed to pay a reservation over the phone and without seeing the property and preferably not through his lawyer - it is the deal of the century and he has people biting his arm off for it but is holding it specially for the guy I was talking to - get the impression that there were frequent phone calls and he was even told the price had been cut by 15k as the vendor thought him such a nice bloke - now I can confirm that he is a nice bloke having had a couple of conversations with him but he went back and did as I suggested which was to say he would come over for a look independently and while here would look at some other areas, other agents and other stuff - if indeed it is the sale of the century he will pursue it further after he has done the right things and discussing with is lawyer (who is independent and someone he trusts) - apparently the gent in question looks at the site and is not terribly keen on some of the things I post here - oh well shit happens I guess!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 12:16 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
You lost me a bit there Smiley; JJ was unsure if it was OK to mention names of companies, just to find out if other members have any experience or knowledge of them. Surely that's OK? After all, that's what's going on in other threads re agents & developers, isn't it?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 12:20 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
What I was referring to was the last para .not the rest of it - sorry got the wrong end of the stick - thought you meant settin a new thread for commercial posts or something - hence it becoming a site full of poxy advertisers hawking their wares instead of the focus being on the members, for the members, by the members - sorry my misinterpret -  

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 11:05 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
No worries mate - I was thinking it would be interesting to know a bit more about what people plan doing when they get here and have sorted out their new home. I reckon our crowd could do so much better than Living In The Sun.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Mar 2007 8:19 PM by WalestoSpain Star rating in North Wales / Los Al.... 16 posts Send private message

WalestoSpain´s avatar

Goodness me   My intention was not to upset anyone, and I certainly do not want to be involved in any mud slinging  

Thats why I asked if it was ok to name companies, otherwise how do I know who to avoid ?

Gonna start a new thread, thanks guys  

Like 0      
29 Mar 2007 9:29 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
You didn't upset anybody, and Smiley and I regularly throw mud at each other and then roll around in it - it's a crocodile/chimp thing I suppose.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
30 Mar 2007 12:16 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Nobody could upset me - too thick skinned and the ultimate creature of evolution - will be on this planet long after humans have destroyed it - actually we did suggest ti Justin a while back about doing a members recommendation thread - seems not to have happened but then would we get commercial posters joining and making 100 posts under multiple id's - whoi knows but no doubt it will cause grief

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Interior designers tenerife - 1 posts
Suppliers - 13 posts
Hello Everyone!! - 10 posts
MEETING UP IN MARBELLA - 28 March 2007 - 127 posts
WANTED - RELIABLE GARAGE CDS - 0 posts
Spanish Amazon any info - 1 posts
Bedroom Furniture For Sale - 6 posts
Need for better search engine!! - 8 posts
Onlne Bullying - 7 posts
Duquesa Hills site not finished - 1 posts
Private message block - 2 posts
Whats the Orihuela/Fortuna area like? - 0 posts
Estepona Eateries - 1 posts
Llanos del Peral - 1 posts
Games in here - 3 posts
Can't find me ad! - 0 posts
Procumasa - Las Kalendas Does not listen to customers and ignors specification sheets - 7 posts
Iberian International - Failure to do anything other than take your money - - 1 posts
Terraza del golf - 2 posts
Mar Menor Chitty Chat - 390 posts
Can I just say I found these in other boards to do with restaurants. - 9 posts
Comic Relief - 1 posts
Happy St Patrick's Day - 10 posts
smart investor services - 1 posts
ERRING ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION WITH MY ERM PODCAST - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x