Mar Menor Chitty Chat

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi All,

Has anyone got any good recommends for golf clubs in the area and are most of them e.g. Roda, Las Ramblas etc. open to the general public? We rented in Polaris world Torre Pacheco at Christmas but was wondering if these developments are only open to residents and visitors? Any info much appreciated.

Thanks

Gina

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 12:26 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 12:28 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi Gina

Roda Golf is def open to public - have a look at this website - www.clubmurcia.com - also - www.sanjaviergolfsociety.co.uk - both give great info.

H

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 12:30 PM by middler Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Candyfloss - try www.thegolffactory.es they will give you all the information you need about golf in the Costa Blanca area  - ian

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 12:37 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar
Also try - www.greatgolfco.com - it's the golf shop in LA. They do subsidised green fees.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 12:50 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

That' great.

Thanks all. I did think Polaris would be a bit like that, but wasn't sure, seems the others around and about are nice and have lovely restaurants too. Thank you for the links.

Gina

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 4:13 PM by petersue Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Hi

None of the golf courses that I have come across are exclusive to owners - I have a property on Roda and like the other courses there are priority times for owners, membership options or reduced green fees and discounts in the bar and restaurants for owners and their guests.

Sue

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 9:00 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Sue,

Thank you for that. When we were at Polaris had our gate entry card and didn't think to ask about access for general public.

We got lost one day and passed Hacienda del Alamo, it looked rather nice was wondering if anyone had been there and had any info?

I know where Roda is so am presuming the golf and beach club are all part of that development?

Haven't seen you post on boards before so if you haven't then welcome to EOS and hope you will stay as we need all the help we can get, especially me with directions to restaurants.

Gina

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 9:28 PM by jogary Star rating in UK. 193 posts Send private message

jogary´s avatar

Hi

All the Polaris World sites are open at all times to the public to use the facilities such as bars, supermarkets, restaurants, hotels etc. You don't normally get stopped at the gate but if you do you tell the gate person you are going to the bar or whatever. The golf courses are also open to the public but the fees are slightly higher. The golf fees for the general public are on their web site.

This message was last edited by jogary on 3/17/2007.

This message was last edited by jogary on 3/17/2007.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 9:34 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

hi,

Great. Just didn't want to drive all the way to these places and get turned away. Thank you.

Gina

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 10:15 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Jogary - sorry going off thread again (!) but love your avatar !

Gina - sorry I still don't understand your glitter text - what?????

H

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 10:28 PM by jogary Star rating in UK. 193 posts Send private message

jogary´s avatar
I didn't realise my other half had changed it. We were Mr Burns last time I posted! I think I will choose the next one!

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 11:18 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Jogary,

Don't change it!! I thought you did it on purpose, it was someone who couldn't get into a golf course wasn't it?? LOL

H,

Don't you tell me you're too young to remember different strokes. The two brothers and the little one always says "What you talking about Willis?"  It's made a come back, we say it all the time in work or is it just a Welsh thing??

I'm getting silly now after the welsh match, a bit squiffy!!

Gina

Like 0      
18 Mar 2007 4:04 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Gina - 'Willis' - I,ve got it !!! Needed a deep voice to remind me - hubby hasn't stopped going on about it ever since I asked him - thanks !!

H

Like 0      
18 Mar 2007 5:35 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2007 5:47 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Candyfloss,

I love your new avatar, he had such a cheeky smile didn't he?!

If I am right, he has died now hasn't he?

He had a tragic family history with his parents trying to take all of his earnings off him and he didn't talk to them for years?

Think I'm right, but have had a few vinos!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
18 Mar 2007 6:05 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Fibby

I've tried to put Arnold's photo on my avatar but it won't work. Done everything Janice's instructions since last night it's a j peg on desktop don't know what's happening. So try this www.sitcomsonline.com/diffrentstrokes.html It was the girl that died I don't think he has.

Hope you are having a good time in Spain. Only 2 weeks to go for us. Yippeeeeeeeee!!

Janice

My sister lives in the Isle of Mann so have booked you and the moped in for the TT races this year. Thought you were kidding til I saw the photographic evidence.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2007 6:23 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Gina,

The photo of Arnold IS your avatar!

How many vinos have you had mate?!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
18 Mar 2007 6:51 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Fibby,

That's spooky it's not on mine. How bizarre. Just changed it to another one now as gave up. Let me know if that one shows up, It says KIDS. All confused now. Mine still says me, myself and shopping.

Gina

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 3/18/2007.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2007 8:11 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Fibby

There he is!!! The cheeky little monkey. You must get it quicker over in spain coz you're nearer to Justin LOL.

I bet everyone has been humming the theme tune all day haven't they???

Gina

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Can I just say I found these in other boards to do with restaurants. - 9 posts
Comic Relief - 1 posts
Happy St Patrick's Day - 10 posts
smart investor services - 1 posts
ERRING ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION WITH MY ERM PODCAST - 5 posts
SPANISH INLAND PROPERTIES (GALERA) ANY OTHERS HAD PROBLEMS? - 0 posts
How much time do we have? - 6 posts
NEED MORE BANDWIDTH! - 9 posts
Ultra latest activity reports and pictures from Monte San Juan - Terreros - 0 posts
Another newbie here...... - 12 posts
Euro's and Spain - 15 posts
diasters buying property abroad - 8 posts
Taking Cash into Spain - 8 posts
Vehicle change of address - 3 posts
For Lars Wichmann .. your Viking avatar - 2 posts
Exhibition Frolicks - 42 posts
El Gusto,La Cala village,CDS. - 1 posts
furnishing new built spanish property - 17 posts
Square metres - real or imagined? - 30 posts
car breakdown insurance - 6 posts
Welcome home Janice - 23 posts
Employees! - 35 posts
To become a resident or not - 11 posts
healthcare in spain - 1 posts
moving to spain - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 378

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x