Yorkshire Linen Company

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Anyone got any input on products bought from the Torreveija or Quesada stores?

I have just bought a range of products.

I am a little dissapointed as some were marked.

The packaging was perfect so I expected a perfect product inside.

My duvet had some brown marks on it in the material

The curtains have dirty marks on them and marks on the lining

Towels were fine......I think!

Overall I am pleased with the price and quality, but upset they were not "perfect"

Opinions?

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
01 Apr 2009 9:37 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

I bought all my curtains and cushions in Y.L. in San Javier and had no problems.

Why not take them back and get them replaced. I know it can be a hassle but they will not know they are faulty.

Daveil

Like 0      
01 Apr 2009 9:45 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Yes, I should Lifeline, you are right, but.....................

I only noticed the marks on the curtains when I was ironing them (so creased, unbelievable!)

Didn't want to waste my effort in taking them back ready ironed fo the next customer!  - mean or what?!

The duvet didn't matter as it was in the going in it's cover, but yes, it should have been right in the first place.

All in all the duvet didn't matter really and luckily the marks on the curtains are hidden in the folds

But the principle is there, they should have been correct............

(Don't tell my neighbours, they will find the mrks in the curtain folds and mention them!)

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
01 Apr 2009 10:22 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

If I pay good money for something I expect a fair deal- and would always take something back - and have in the past! It's hassle taking things back - equally irritating knowing that there is a problem and trying to hide it - you always know that it's there.

When I worked for a certain well known communications company they always told their staff to try to ensure customers were happy - since someone who wasn't happy related this bad experience to about four times the number of people than did a person who was happy with a service.  And as many businesses are not doing so well lets hope that they are obliging.

I probably haven't found the right shop to go to - but find that bedding & soft furnishing is very expensive in Spain.

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 7:03 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi abbbb1

The bedding I bought was a bit more expensive than the UK, but the quality is good.

The towels are lovely 100% combed cotton and the sheets are a rich cotton.

I did bring UK bedding over when we first bought in Spain, but the sheets have worn thin.

I am hoping that by paying just that little bit more, they will last longer.

Overall, I am very happy with the Yorkshire Linen shop, and yes, I thought it too much hassle to take the curtains back for the sake of a small mark

Lazy...........!!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
05 Apr 2009 3:45 PM by karriepeacock Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

We have used Yorkshire Linen at Puerto de Mazarron for a few years now & have always been pleased with the quality and prices.  Can highly recommend them, If you do have any problems they will replace things for you without any hassle, their service is very good.  I was reading their latest ad in Round Town News which says they have reduced a lot of their prices on things like quilts, pillows, sheets & towels so will definitely be going soon to replace and renew some stuff.  What I like about Yorkshire Linen is that everything is in english...I know I should learn more spanish but...also their range of curtains, voiles, quilt covers & cushion covers is always being updated so there is always something new to look at.  By the way, they stock JML products now & I bought one of those halogen ovens recently which is fantastic! 

Like 0      
12 Apr 2009 8:45 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

We have used the Yorkshire Linen Company in San Javier,

Have to say very happy with all we bought there.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

VILLAPAC - BE VERY CAREFUL - 2 posts
Wireless connection - 2 posts
Taking my cat to spain - 4 posts
Truck to UK in May. - 3 posts
Can we have a 'quote' feature please on EOS ? - 2 posts
new to forum and have bought in Entre Golf. - 4 posts
Driving down to Spain - 23 posts
New Sky Cards - Confirmation - 15 posts
Tenants just walked out.. - 19 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 7 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 20 posts
gas bottle prices coming down - 11 posts
Grants - 3 posts
Grants - 0 posts
What Documents and other items must I have in the car - 35 posts
La Concha Living Estate Agent Marbella - 9 posts
Car rental from Barcelona Train Station - 1 posts
Exciting Products in Mercadona - 8 posts
Easter holidays - 1 posts
Where does all the Garden Rubbish go? - 1 posts
Question for Maria - Car insurance liability - 1 posts
Free towels for cat/dog rescue centre available Costa Blanca South - 0 posts
Volunteers needed Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Renting out apartment? - 0 posts
SAD - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x