La Concha Living Estate Agent Marbella

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by PaulMarbella Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, I'm currently looking for property in Spain, and have used a few estate agents

I was wondering if anyone has used LaConcha living in Marbella ? I've had a bit of a bad experience with them, and I was wondering if anyone had a similar/different experience. Essentialy it revolves around a property I was interested in, and their very poor service that led me to lose the property to another buyer from another agency (at a lower offer price !!).

I actually had my higher offer accepted by the vendor. However the poor communication between LaConcha and the vendor led to a buyer from another agency securing the villa. The other buyer put a lower offer in, some weeks after mine (and was in a similar situation to me re. finance and chain). Added to this, the owner of the company was really rude in communication, and seemed very uninterested in offering what would be considered a 'basic' level of service in the UK.

The negotiator was a young chap, and I think his inexperience led to all the problems we had.

Can anyone recommend a good estate agent in Marbella ? Many Thanks Paul

Like 0      
31 Mar 2009 6:50 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Sorry but not in CDS location but have you not looked at Alicante to Mojacar area !

You can probably get a nice villa for the price of an apartment in CDS....and the sun is perhaps a touch better......food just the same.....Spanish environment if you want it in the right location [ and still close to the sea] better...golf if that is your sport much more affordable.........infact everything much cheaper including boats, food , drinks etc 

And just because it is cheaper does not mean it is less.....fashionable....very popular with the Spanish and those who know where to get value for money in these economic circumstances 

Worth a look...if only to compare life style......have a look at Almeria between Aguilas and Mojacar........relaxing and the Spanish Prime Minister has bought here......even a nudist complex and beach if that is your ' forte'!! 

And many more very good locations..........and as you know there are ' depressed sales' here to! 

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 9:04 AM by JohndeSpain Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

JohndeSpain´s avatar

This message was last edited by JohndeSpain on 01/02/2011.

We just completed the purchase of the apartment in Puerto Banus. The agency we used was La Concha Living and we enjoyed every moment spent with their representative. The negotiation went on smoothly and we achieved a favourable final price.

I wander now if we are talking about the same agency?

If I’ve seen your comment before, I’d probably have looked for other agency but I am really pleased that we followed the professional guidance from La Concha Living and following the successful purchase, we are also going to use their after- sales department to bring new furniture to our new home.

I’ll keep you posted .

This message was last edited by JohndeSpain on 01/02/2011.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 9:33 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I don't know the firm in question.

But did you use a lawyer?

Becuase after you had agreed the deal most agents step back and let the lawyers do the business.

Firstly you did not pay a reseravtion deposit?

Although I tend to advise clients never to hand over a deposit to an estate agent (I don't trust them!). I will however hand over a deposit to the vendor's lawyer after having done preliminary checks. A reputable estate agent will even allow lawyer to hold reservation deposit with proof of deposit/transfer etc.

I rarely pay a 10% deposit and prefer to move swifly to completion.

But any agent will tell you it's money on the table secures the property and the agent/vendor may have had doubts you would not proceed. It is a buyer's market at the moment but also there are properties that are priced to sell and do sell within days of being emailed around. So in that reagrd you have to move quickly do your searches and put your money down. I could give you an endless list of people who make offers and never actually buy - I sometimes think they are a strange type of tourist.

My approach does run the risk you lose the property but I have a 100% clean record of a client never having lost a cent. It's very hard to get money back from estate agents so don't give it to them in the first place.

So my advice to you is get yourself a lawyer and be ready to move quickly next time.

Let's see what our agent friends say!

Like 0      
04 Feb 2011 4:50 PM by JohndeSpain Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

JohndeSpain´s avatar

I found La Concha Living while surfing the net. Cannot explain why did I make the online request but they were very fast to contact me and that's how it all started.

About your coleagues in Spain: well, I've already had the experience with a lady who claimed to be a lawyer but after few questions confessed being just an ecconomist. With experience, she added. That was enough for me, I left to FIND a LAWYER. The one recomended by the director of La Concha Living was (and still is) a very pleasant Spanish professional who speaks perfect English and knows all facets of everchanging Spanish property laws. Thanks to him and the representative from La Concha Living, we now enjoy our home in Marbella.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2011 12:14 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

One of the problems we have in Spain is that many people pass themselves off as lawyers when they are nothing more than general advisors and consultants. Some are gestorias who could at best be described as conveyancing agents etc. Others little more than transalators who have been in and out of a notary a few times.

I always tell people to find an independent lawyer (DO NOT use the lawyer recommened by the agent) and then to check that lawyer does indeed hold practising certificates for all jurisdictions they claim.

The link below allows you to search the colegio de abogados de malaga

http://www.icamalaga.es/portalMalaga/printPortal.do?urlPagina=portalMalaga/PrintPersonas.do&grupo=1&capaActiva=S01500711

Like 0      
07 Feb 2011 9:22 PM by Alfil Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

One should always check the credentials of the company's which they use.  I work with a company of international solicitors, tax advisors and financial advisors in Marbella - we are registered with the FSA and the solicitors with the relevant Law Society's.  It seems that ex-pats out here don't always get the quality service they deserve and it's a shame that there is a real environment of distrust.

Hopefully that will change though when the bona fide companies are left standing!

Like 0      
13 Feb 2011 4:17 PM by JohndeSpain Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

JohndeSpain´s avatar

Faro said: "I always tell people to find an independent lawyer (DO NOT use the lawyer recommened by the agent) and then to check that lawyer does indeed hold practising certificates for all jurisdictions they claim."

Do you try to scare me off now everything is completed without any problem?

In fact, La Concha Living representative advised me to chose from the list of almost 10 law firms in Marbella! I've had interviews with 3 and only then decided which one to employ and am now convinced that I've made the right choice.

Belive me, I am recommending this estete agency to all my friends.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2011 5:22 PM by stanleymiguel Star rating in Kensington London UK. 15 posts Send private message

Sounds like you have a vested interest promoting this AGENT perhaps you work for them and its a bit quiet at the moment

We have seen this before and its so desperate it makes me SICK

Stan

Like 0      
13 Feb 2011 6:51 PM by JohndeSpain Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

JohndeSpain´s avatar

Well stated, Stan.

No, I do not have any "shares" in that AGENT's business. If you read better, you'll see that others are using this thread to promote their services.

Yes, I am glad I've found this AGENT and I like to share my experience with all.

I can say that I am SICK of negative people living on the dark side of life, rejecting positive feelings.

Also, what's wrong in expressing gratitude for the job well done?

Stan, if you're about to sell or buy the property, why don't you contact them yourself and than share your real life experience here?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car rental from Barcelona Train Station - 1 posts
Exciting Products in Mercadona - 8 posts
Easter holidays - 1 posts
Where does all the Garden Rubbish go? - 1 posts
Question for Maria - Car insurance liability - 1 posts
Free towels for cat/dog rescue centre available Costa Blanca South - 0 posts
Volunteers needed Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Renting out apartment? - 0 posts
SAD - 7 posts
Need a Programable Themostat - 0 posts
How many complaints about an EOS member before he/she is blocked, etc.? - 2 posts
Should someone ask you before they PM you? - 4 posts
Nearly new Funiture pack - 0 posts
JUSTIN: Can anyone else post after Gypsy on a certain thread ? - 1 posts
RECOMMENDED SOLICITOR - 3 posts
32" Sharp Television for sale - 0 posts
RE plating a car - 2 posts
CHECK YOU HAVE D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y REGISTERED THE SPANISH SIM IN YOUR MOBILE - 5 posts
4x4 Kia Sportage 2.0 Tdi 5door for sale - 3 posts
Internet and Land Line - 8 posts
If we can take a little time to stop ..... - 7 posts
Castoral Value of Property - 2 posts
Help - 1 posts
Nearly new Funiture pack - 0 posts
Still no address on property bought 12 months ago - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x