new to forum and have bought in Entre Golf.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi all

We've been using the big names (agents) when hiring cars in Spain (doyouspain, carjet, hirecarsinspain etc) but, with being there for longer periods now, we really need better prices.

We do not want to purchase a car as then we'll have more to worry about, insurance/tax/maintenance as well as initial buying one.

So, what shall we do ? Anyone got advice ?

We need one for May 6th till June 12th then from Sept 1st till Oct 13th.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2009 2:57 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Hi More,

I find that with hirecarsinspain, because you are renting for more than 28 days, you get a free upgrade.  So, effectively, you book the car group below the one you want and you are automatically upgraded to the one you want.  They have worked out the cheapest for us the past two years, as we usually rent for six weeks or so.  Have you checked them out?  I haven't been able to find a better quote - for a booking over 28 days.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2009 3:03 PM by PaulandJane Star rating in Walsall, West Mids. 68 posts Send private message

I to have booked with hirecarsinspain and received free upgrades. I am in Spain for 6 weeks in the summer and have got a car hire insurance policy, which has cover for 31 days only. So i have had to do 2 rentals and they were very good at even upgarading the 2 rental also, even though it was for only another 16 days.

Give them a try. We have used them a number of times now from Murcia airport.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2009 7:45 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi both

Yes, regarding hirecarsinspain I had emailed Martin before posting earlier. He is excellent & he rang us. We'd said we were looking for good (better than advertised) prices seeing as we were going to be over so much. He said try everyone else & any difference in price he'd speak with Econorent about doing it at that price. He said that car hire firms were cutting back 30% on their cars & they were charging Premium rates so the hire charges were more than expected.

We have always booked with Martin & had Econorent since Janeb on here told us.

In the area where we have our place I've heard members of other forums say there are many small firms & individuals that rent cars out over longer periods but you need to know who they are (re recommendations) & I would not be certain we'd feel secure like we do with Econorent. Decisions, decisions.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2009 7:59 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

More, sometimes maybe it's better to go with the devil you know blah, blah, ......  I knew you had used hirecarsinspain, so thought that you must have already checked them out!!   Although wasn't sure that you knew about the long-term rental deal they were giving.  I've already booked for the summer and (after you posted about re-checking your booking because of price drops, etc.) still keep checking and it still comes in really attractive.

But then maybe it's different because the hire companies differ - ie in Malaga it's different to Murcia or Alicante!

Usually we're relying on you to provide all this info, More!!  Retirement (or semi-retirement!!) obviously agrees with you and the OH!!  We're googling for you now!!    What is the world coming to!!! 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Driving down to Spain - 23 posts
New Sky Cards - Confirmation - 15 posts
Tenants just walked out.. - 19 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 7 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 20 posts
gas bottle prices coming down - 11 posts
Grants - 3 posts
Grants - 0 posts
What Documents and other items must I have in the car - 35 posts
La Concha Living Estate Agent Marbella - 9 posts
Car rental from Barcelona Train Station - 1 posts
Exciting Products in Mercadona - 8 posts
Easter holidays - 1 posts
Where does all the Garden Rubbish go? - 1 posts
Question for Maria - Car insurance liability - 1 posts
Free towels for cat/dog rescue centre available Costa Blanca South - 0 posts
Volunteers needed Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Renting out apartment? - 0 posts
SAD - 7 posts
Need a Programable Themostat - 0 posts
How many complaints about an EOS member before he/she is blocked, etc.? - 2 posts
Should someone ask you before they PM you? - 4 posts
Nearly new Funiture pack - 0 posts
JUSTIN: Can anyone else post after Gypsy on a certain thread ? - 1 posts
RECOMMENDED SOLICITOR - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x