gas bottle prices coming down

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

as was said by someone on this site ,tomorrow [ 1/4/09 ] gas bottle prices drop to 10.50 euros,i was wondering if the sellers will sell their stock of bottles at the old price until they get their new supplys in ?

Like 0      
31 Mar 2009 9:03 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Coolrunner

that is the price starting from tomorrow regardless how many bottles they have in stock.

Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
01 Apr 2009 2:14 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

We're in Formentera del Segura. Can anyone tell me the nearest place we can buy one of the big gas bottles? It's for our barbie and we've got one of those piddly little ones. We want to have a full one as a spare.

Ta very much in anticipation of responses!

Irene

Like 0      
01 Apr 2009 2:39 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Irene and Alan,

I suppose Don De in Quesada is not too far from you......as you come to the new roundabout just before the arches turn left and its approx the 3rd unit down on the right........

There is a big sign on the shop........you need to ask for un boteille de Butano......( i wasnt sure whether you speak Spanish)

There is a girl in the shop that is very helpful....

Hope that helps.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2009 4:51 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Thank you Georgia. I knew someone would be able to assist me!

Quesada is very close. My Spanish is not particularly good, but I would have made a point of working out in advance what I would need to say. Even if it comes out wrong, I do like to try!

Thanks

Irene

Like 0      
01 Apr 2009 6:48 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

In Don De  you don't have to worry too much about speaking in Spanish!

The first time that I went in there I heard the shop assistants talking away in Spanish, so I thought that I would be able to practice some of mine - but they answered in perfect English!!  I have to retreat to the hairdresser on Dona Pepa - or to Jaquelines the ironmongers if I want to speak Spanish in any of the shops around there!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
01 Apr 2009 7:48 PM by johnnie1uk Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

They sell Repsol gas at the petrol station opposite the Intermarche and the silver one at Intermarche.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2009 10:45 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

For some reason they won't sell new ones, only replacements. We did try!

Thanks anyway

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 10:36 AM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar

Hi Irene and Alan,

I also have a place in formentera, we buy our silver bottlles from a company which delivers to your door.

they only do silver bottles.they deliver tuesdays and fridays.

first full bottle has to be bought from them, it cost us 46.50 euros. 15 euros for license,18 euros

for bottle, 13.50 for gas. after this it is just refills which are now only 10.50 euros.

they are very good. if you want details send me a p.m.

GYPSY

Like 0      
25 Apr 2009 7:06 PM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

i have just bought a bottle of gas from my local supermarket called supervalu,and i have been charged 10.90 euros,does anyone know if this is correct ,surely it not gone up 40 cents since the first of april ???????????????????????????????

Like 0      
25 Apr 2009 8:14 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

i have just bought a bottle of gas from my local supermarket called supervalu,and i have been charged 10.90 euros,does anyone know if this is correct ,surely it not gone up 40 cents since the first of april ???????????????????????????????

Why not....all other forms of fuel are creeping up in price again so quite possible....!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
25 Apr 2009 8:19 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

BTW first time buyers of gas bottles quite frequently have problems because all gas installations have to be registered and checked by the supplier.

Whilst this rule applies to domestic use of gas bottles for cooking etc., if they want to stick to the letter of the law they are within theit rights to do so...

Best bet is attend a boot sale or rastro and see if you can pick up an empty bottle, then simply exchange it at a Repsol garage.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Grants - 3 posts
Grants - 0 posts
What Documents and other items must I have in the car - 35 posts
La Concha Living Estate Agent Marbella - 9 posts
Car rental from Barcelona Train Station - 1 posts
Exciting Products in Mercadona - 8 posts
Easter holidays - 1 posts
Where does all the Garden Rubbish go? - 1 posts
Question for Maria - Car insurance liability - 1 posts
Free towels for cat/dog rescue centre available Costa Blanca South - 0 posts
Volunteers needed Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Renting out apartment? - 0 posts
SAD - 7 posts
Need a Programable Themostat - 0 posts
How many complaints about an EOS member before he/she is blocked, etc.? - 2 posts
Should someone ask you before they PM you? - 4 posts
Nearly new Funiture pack - 0 posts
JUSTIN: Can anyone else post after Gypsy on a certain thread ? - 1 posts
RECOMMENDED SOLICITOR - 3 posts
32" Sharp Television for sale - 0 posts
RE plating a car - 2 posts
CHECK YOU HAVE D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y REGISTERED THE SPANISH SIM IN YOUR MOBILE - 5 posts
4x4 Kia Sportage 2.0 Tdi 5door for sale - 3 posts
Internet and Land Line - 8 posts
If we can take a little time to stop ..... - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x