Mobile Phones

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Mar 2007 3:21 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

hi

the 25 minutes for 1 euro sounds great..is the 5 eurocard only available with orange? 

john

Regards

John

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 3:37 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hia

As far as I know it's only with the orange network. I actually made a mistake one night & picked up the wrong mobile - doesn't work on the Movistar sim.

Each time you use the card, you get a message saying how much credit you have left - never used over 1 euro on any call to the UK. When the credit is used up, you just go and invest another 5 euros on another card. Great system.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 3:41 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

do the messages you get from the network operator appear in spanish or english? 

regards

Regards

John

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 3:49 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Have just gone & dug the card out - it's def just with orange & looks like a cardboard credit card. On the back it takes you through the steps - you dial 273 & connect to the system - From memory someone asks in spanish which language you want - 2 is english (this is very obvious on the instructions) - you then dial the PIN on the card followed by the UK numbers then #.

Believe me - if I can manage it anyone can!!!

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 4:03 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Thanks for that...i am there next week and will try and get an orange sim card. All i need  now is a friend to phone

Regards

John

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 4:26 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 4:46 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Call him what you want!!!

Regards

John

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 5:01 PM by mountie Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

mountie´s avatar
The orange sim card sounds like a great idea.  Where did you buy it from?  We are in the Velez Malaga area, Costa del Sol, is it available there?

Regards

Mountie

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 5:10 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
THINK ITS THE OLD AMENA NETWORK - CAN GET EM FROM ANY MOBILE PHONE SHOP AND VELEZ MALAGA SHOULD BE NO DIFFERENT - THINK THERES A MOBILE SHOP IN THE EROSKI CENTRE THERE - AT LEAST THERE WAS TWO YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS LAST IN THERE BUSTING FOR A LEAK AND NOT ABLE TO FIND THE LOOS!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 7:30 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Hola chaps and chapesses

How do we ring (from England) a spanish mobile that starts with 6?

Gracias or grassyarse as my son would say!!

Tina

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 7:38 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Put 0034 in front of the number

Y de nada!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 9:11 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

To call Spanish mobiles from the UK - Cheap rate 25p per min

Dial: 0911 209 36 36.....then let it ring....then follow instructions (dial mobile, followed by hash key)

To call Spanish land lines - Cheap Rate 1p per min

Dial: 0844 8 610 610..let it ring....follow instructions (dial house phone followed by hash key)

This is Telediscount, see website:

http://telediscount.co.uk/

Saved us a fortune when we were buying!

This message was last edited by FibbyUK on 3/6/2007.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 9:44 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Calls from UK to Spain.

Register with www.18866.com or www.1899.com they are a Swiss Company and I've used them for 3 years with no problems!

You can register your home land line and mobiles and up to 10 other telephone numbers (friends and family)

Calls to landlines cost 2p per minute

Calls to Spanish mobiles cost : 10p per minute - I think this must be one of the best deals around?

QUESTION

I would like to know the cheapest tariff for my spanish calls and also to call back the uk? I currently use a Vodafone spanish sim to call spanish numbers. The tariff I'm charged at is a  flat rate of 28 cents per minute 24 hours a day. When I call uk numbers I use Vodafone Passport that costs 75p for each call and then I use my contract minutes. Evenings and weekend I also benefit from "Stop the Clock after 3 minutes of any call.

I've read that Orange Spain offer better deals and buying a phone card is recommended?

Mike T

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 3:00 PM by jmtwsm Star rating in Sabinillas CDS. 191 posts Send private message

jmtwsm´s avatar

I always use Ratebusters when calling Spain, www.ratebusters.co.uk

They have different access codes for fixed and mobile calls and currently charge 1p per minute to landlines and 13p per minute to mobiles.

A recent call to Australia through Ratebusters was only charged at 1p per minute.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 3:14 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 3:25 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Durrrrr, I did that one JeanSis!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 3:29 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 4:16 PM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

Here's a good site for up to date cheapest  calls, includes mobiles http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/intcallchecker/

It's well worth checking out and there are lots of other useful links too.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 4:41 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 6:37 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

I posted about www.18866.com earlier.

It costs 10p per minute to call a Spanish Mobile anytime of day. Having looked around I think its the best deal to be had just now?

After youve registered your landline or mobile you just dial 18866 + 0034 then the mobile number, Thats it, very Simple!!

Now folks "concentrate" your thoughts. I want to know the BEST deal for calling back to the UK, ideally using either my UK or Spanish mobile? The best deal I have just now is 75p per call then use up my contract minutes from Vodafone UK. Not quite sure how the Orange deal works but its sounds pretty good?

Mike T

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

PICTURES - 30 posts
'Pay as you go' road tax. (Proposed car tax scheme in UK) - 10 posts
Any Ex Military Here - 4 posts
Shipping personal goods to Spain - 2 posts
need to sell - 6 posts
Update - 416 posts
problems getting in to see a show apartment - 17 posts
The Market - Bottomed Or still more to come??? - 151 posts
UK qualified teachers in Spain - 6 posts
compensation re builders late completion - 40 posts
Estate Agent Shoots Himself!! - 10 posts
Jay White - 3 posts
Invitation to attend meeting of administrators - 8 posts
contract overdue - 2 posts
Licenses - 8 posts
bank guarantees - 14 posts
Qualifications for Spanish Property Lawyers..interesting find !!!!!!! - 8 posts
Are you receiving the newsletter? - 13 posts
Why does eveyone want to sue me? - 19 posts
Spanish builders. - 2 posts
Balsicas and Sucina - 1 posts
Focus,ITV1,February 13th - 7 posts
Grille & door alarms could be a great deterrant. - 36 posts
For TechnoApe - 0 posts
Furnishing in Duquesa, Manilva - 40 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 68

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x