Mobile Phones

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Mar 2007 9:14 PM by jmtwsm Star rating in Sabinillas CDS. 191 posts Send private message

jmtwsm´s avatar

OOPS !

I meant to say RATEBUSTER in my post, not Ratebusters.   They are different companies.

Try www.ratebuster.co.uk   for 1p per minute to landlines and 13p to mobiles.

JeanSis will understand that I was in shock earlier at seeing some sunshine in Somerset !!

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 10:11 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

MIket

Is it 10p per minute dialling from uk to a uk mobile in spain and if so is there a cost to the uk mobile in spain for the international portion of the call as is the norm from a phone in uk.?

john 

Regards

John

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 10:28 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Hi JC1,

No, the 10p rate is to a Spanish Mobile only!

Its still a RIP off price to receive a call from the UK to your UK mobile. There are moves to bring down the cost of Roaming around europe with your Uk mobile but not aware of any great deals yet. Vodaphone charge 75p to receive a call on a pay monthly tariff then you start using up your contract minutes. Evenings and Weekends you can benefit from "Stop the Clock" after a 3 minute call........

Mike T

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 10:33 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Thanks Miket....sensible thing is to get a spanish mobile then...

íJohn

Regards

John

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 10:35 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Ive been reading this and wonder if anyone knows the price of a pay as you go chip for the UK. Every time I go there my phone bill hits the roof so I thought of getting a chip for my phone and using that - famly can call me with the landline cheap rate then

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 10:39 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Try Tesco or Virgin - you can get a Pay as you go for about £25 these days including the phone I seem to recall - almost cheap enough to buy a new one every time you go back - I am sure last time I went back got a couple of Nokia phones for 25 a pop with a SIM card and £10 credit on the phone - how bloody bad is that

!MUst go battery nearly nearly dead - no more satisfaction for me tonight

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 10:41 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Thamks for that - think Ill go Virgin!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 10:43 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Rixxy - And your not!! For shame girl

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 10:44 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
With two kids I tried the immaculate conception arguement, but it didnt work for the second one!!!!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 10:46 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

I've just switched to TalkTalk for there Talk3 International package.

You can I believe get a sim which If you are a TalkTalk customer cheaper International mocile calls.

Will look into it further methinks having read posts in here and my last few mobile bills every time I go to Spain.

Cheers guys 'n Gals

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 10:46 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Rixxy you can by a Tmobile SIM card for 50p then calls are 12p a minute, cheaper if you call other Tmobile users. Check out their web site. www.t-mobile.co.uk

Alan

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 3:17 PM by Neeraj Star rating in Wolverhampton. 19 posts Send private message

Neeraj´s avatar

You can ring spain land line from UK  it will cost you only 0.05p per minute  and the number is 08442001515

Neeraj

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 3:32 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 6:17 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Anyone tell me the best Spanish SIM card to by (Pay as you go)

Want to get 2, one for the old git, in case he gets lost, one for me too find out when he is coming home!

Also, does the credit stay on them indefinitely or does is drop off it they aren't used for a couple of months?

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 6:28 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 6:53 PM by thehalls Star rating in Lomas de Cabo Roig, .... 47 posts Send private message

Hi JeanSis and everyone who has contributed!!

Since starting this thread there have been some very interesting and very helpful suggestions!!  There seems to be so many options, but we have decided to go for buying from Carrefour on Pay as You Go.  We will be at Playa Golf III 19 March for a week.  So looking forward to staying there for the first time!!

thanks again everyone for your advice !!

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 7:11 PM by dringman Star rating in www.Condadoexcursion.... 772 posts Send private message

dringman´s avatar
Try www.sim4travel.com  no charges to receive calls

www.condadoexcursions.com   Airport Transfers Day Trips Alhama de Murcia Taxi No 10  
tel +441212881323   +34 622714979

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 7:18 PM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

I bought a carrefour sim card some time ago as the calls seemed to be the cheapest around at 15c per min. Typical though is the connection charge of 22 cents that they dont tell you about on the advertising bumph. Its not until you open the pack that you find this out.

This message was last edited by jencoo on 3/7/2007.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 7:28 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Thanks for all the info folks.

My phones are unblocked so no probs there.

Jencoo - Is that right 22 cents for connection charge, that's peanuts anyway, or did you mean Euros???!!!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 7:34 PM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

22 cents is peanuts your right, but it is on every call not a connection to the network. Peanuts no its cocanuts.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

PICTURES - 30 posts
'Pay as you go' road tax. (Proposed car tax scheme in UK) - 10 posts
Any Ex Military Here - 4 posts
Shipping personal goods to Spain - 2 posts
need to sell - 6 posts
Update - 416 posts
problems getting in to see a show apartment - 17 posts
The Market - Bottomed Or still more to come??? - 151 posts
UK qualified teachers in Spain - 6 posts
compensation re builders late completion - 40 posts
Estate Agent Shoots Himself!! - 10 posts
Jay White - 3 posts
Invitation to attend meeting of administrators - 8 posts
contract overdue - 2 posts
Licenses - 8 posts
bank guarantees - 14 posts
Qualifications for Spanish Property Lawyers..interesting find !!!!!!! - 8 posts
Are you receiving the newsletter? - 13 posts
Why does eveyone want to sue me? - 19 posts
Spanish builders. - 2 posts
Balsicas and Sucina - 1 posts
Focus,ITV1,February 13th - 7 posts
Grille & door alarms could be a great deterrant. - 36 posts
For TechnoApe - 0 posts
Furnishing in Duquesa, Manilva - 40 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 68

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x