Telimicro GONE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | ... |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Aug 2008 7:51 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
"A UK purchased Freeview box does NOT work in Spain."
I think i said that some, do, but with limitations - the channel frequencies used in spaina nd the uk differ - so some channels may not appear - and there are limitaitons of the sound / multilanguage options.

"Don't matter where you plug the ariel in..........communial ariel, the mesh dish, satellite dish, or what ever orifice you may be closest to at the time!"
again, you may get some channels, if your communal system has been configured for digital tv siganls.

"I had previously asked our resident satandpcguy for advice, and he correctly told me.....no, it won't work..........did I trust him....nah, so lugged it all the way from the UK, only to be proved right!!!!"
dont bin it it may come in useful if / when your communal aerial is reconfigured.

"So peeps, say a big thanks to all the advice given on EOS by satandpcguy, he certainly knows his onions (or rather the sat dish they may be served on............LOL!)"
Thank you

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 3:26 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar
Re UK Freeview boxes...

The power supply unit in our Spanish tdt box burned out a couple of weeks ago, so just on the off chance I plumbed in our UK purchased item which had been sitting around unpacked since we moved here.

IT WORKS! Just like it should... however as satandpcguy says it may have limitations and indeed it does.

When the Brit unit autotunes it only scans through channels 21 to 68.
The spanish unit tunes 21 -69.

Our local transmitter is on top of a mountain near Montefrio (Granada) and the signals it transmits are on Channels 57, 67 ,68 and 69.
We are not in clear line of sight to the transmitter, so our tdt reception is not brilliant (descibed by tdt.es as marginal), but its good enough.
We cannot receive signals transmitted on Ch 69, but I suspect that this is due either to signal attenuation or the fact that the UK box cannot tune  this frequency.

Just to re-iterate, Spanish  tdt  does not include any English programming, nor will a Brit freeview box give access to English programming.

This weekend I am going to buy a combo box that includes a receiver for TDT and a satellite receiver.

We unfortunately cannot put up a big dish; it would take over the entire surface of our roof terrace, (of course we could always use it as a parasol...) so we will be going with our existing 80cm dish and setting up for Astra 2D and live with what we get. To be perfectly honest I can do without Brit TV anyway, endless repeats, corrie, deadenders and politically biased reporting. Sure some Spanish TV is pretty dire, but there is always the off switch...and the internet.

Fibby; are you absolutely sure your UK box doesnt work?
It needs to be connected to a normal,bog standard, same as every one elses TV antenna, pointing in the same direction as every other normal TV antenna in your vicinity and a Scart lead from the 'TV' scart connector on the back of the box (Not the one labelled VCR) to the Scart input on your TV; our Brit box is a cheap and nasty Comet thinggy cost about 30 quid and apart from the loss of Channel 69 and language change options works just fine...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 3:34 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Hi Foxbat,
I did try it twice.
Plugged it into the wall socket marked Ariel.
Skart from freview box to TV.it scanned the channels, but as you say, only scanning he UK numbers.
It went down to the bins, but has probobly gone by now anyway!!!
Thanks for replying.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
29 Aug 2008 3:08 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar
Has any body tried a Slingbox?

Like 0      
29 Aug 2008 7:28 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
What's one of them when they are at home ChelseaDel???!!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
29 Aug 2008 8:28 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Found this on another site!

Hi
Following a posting by someone else, have re connected the coship box and about half dozen channels back on, they are the ones paid for by Telmicro plus Sky news, BBC news - hopefully more to come!!

Enjoy

Like 0      
29 Aug 2008 9:11 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Hi Semi,
Just tried mine and it says "E52 Searching for signal"
Nothing else is happening!
I am gutted!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
29 Aug 2008 9:27 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Just gone back on the site and 10 more replies received.

Some have channels but the majority don't

Concensus seems to be that they only have one transmitter working at moment.  But at least it's a start, perhaps you'll have better news tomorrow.

Channels are

Sky News
BBC World News
MGM
XRM
Cine
Natura

Like 0      
29 Aug 2008 11:11 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
a slingbox requires a "host " reciever connected to a slingbox host. the channels viewed on this host is then transmittted via internet to a "receiver" slingbox.
good for if you have a holiday home and want to use your uk sky box.
but it all depends on upload speed at your "Host" side....and download limits, and it is prone to buffering...
and you can only watch the channel that is on our host slingbox, you cannot use it to watch 2 individual chnnesl - thnk of it as a glorified "av transmitter receiver" systems...

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 2:23 PM by El Jefe Star rating in Aguas Nuevas, Torrev.... 17 posts Send private message

El Jefe´s avatar

TV BLACKOUT TO CONTINUE
BBC and Sky deny transmission rights in Spain

By Dave Jones
THE BBC told CB News this week that no company based in Spain has a licence to show its public service channels.

They stated that it is illegal to rebroadcast these channels in Spain without a licence from them.

The BBC and Sky have both told CB News that companies that do this are breaking copyright laws.

A spokesman for the BBC explained this week that the BBC’s public service channels –BBC1, BBC2 and the digital channels – are produced for broadcast in the UK only.

He added that although European law allows channels that are broadcast in an EEA (European Economic Area) country to be licensed for cable redistribution in another EEA country, the BBC only currently licenses cable redistribution in the Republic of Ireland, Belgium and the Netherlands.

“The BBC’s public service channels are not licensed for broadcast in any other countries,” the spokesman added.

“Our international news channel, BBC World News is distributed in Spain.

“BBC Worldwide’s international general entertainment channel, BBC Prime, is licensed directly to individual subscribers in Spain but is not currently licensed to a cable, satellite or other platform.”

But he added that cable operators in Spain could come to an agreement with the BBC, as they have done in the Benelux countries.
He continued: “If a cable operator wishes to redistribute the BBC’s channels it must enter into a licence with the BBC and other underlying rights holders.

“The BBC can choose whether or not to license the BBC’s public service channels for redistribution in this way.”

BskyB has already stated that it is illegal to receive its programmes in Spain.

A spokesman said: “We authorise the reception of Sky TV in the UK and Ireland only.

“Our terms and conditions expressly prohibit reception elsewhere in Europe.”

BBC Prime clients can use their own equipment to view English programmes with more information available at www.bbcprime.com
It is an encrypted channel and customers need to buy a subscription to receive a smart card which enables them to receive up to 50 channels with BBC Prime being just one of them.

A BBC Prime spokesman added: “Live coverage or highlights of sporting events is not something that BBC Prime includes in its schedules.
“We do not have international transmission rights to the action.
“International rights to the pictures have to be bought on the open market and payment made for European or global transmission.
“Often the international rights are held by a number of different channels with exclusivity clauses for their territory, and so are unavailable to us.”

Also this week the Guardia Civil revealed that the investigation into Costa Blanca rebroadcasting company Telmicro Levante SL remains ongoing.

A Guardia Civil spokesman in Alicante said: “We cannot give any information about the investigation.

“The judge must establish when the investigation is finished and when we are allowed to give information.

“Clients interested in getting information must go to Torrevieja’s court.
“They can present a formal complaint if they have a contract signed with Telmicro and they feel the contract has been broken.

“The judge would then decide whether the complaint is accepted or not and which crime if any the company might have committed.”

djones@cbnews.es

Fiesta sparkle

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 3:08 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
"BBC Prime clients can use their own equipment to view English programmes with more information available at www.bbcprime.com
It is an encrypted channel and customers need to buy a subscription to receive a smart card which enables them to receive up to 50 channels with BBC Prime being just one of them"

actually a bbc prime subscription card only unscrambles BBC prime....
the channel is on hotbird, where there are a few hundred channels for free - ok they are mainly other "european" channels...but the "up to 50 channels" are nothing at all to do with bbc prime....

and me being a bit picky, but he should know better...
“Our terms and conditions expressly prohibit reception elsewhere in Europe.”
i think the sky spokesman is getting confused - i think he meant to say "Our terms and conditions expressly prohibit the use of a sky encryption card elsewhere in Europe" - reception of signals over europe is not prohibited but the use of the cards to unscramble the channels is....

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
31 Aug 2008 10:08 AM by Loulouspain Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hmmm... some blackout haha... my best friend has some channels back - about 12 or 14 she said - I'm on La Mata and hven't got anything yet, but have been told it shouldn't be too long now....

Someone had better get Dave Jones of CBN up to date! lol

P.S. Good idea Dave Jones - stir things up with the BBC, get them all riled up so we won't be able to get those channels back - what a public spirited man you are!

Like 0      
31 Aug 2008 11:39 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi,
I am in formentera (hence the user name) we have about 14 channels back on,
BUT if you go through the channels nearly all of them are repeated. Only about
7 channels at the moment. Hopefully more will come on over the next couple of weeks.
I want my itv back , am getting withdrawel symptons with missing my
emmerdale.

coolyes

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | ... |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish/English Wills - 18 posts
New member "SNOW" - 1 posts
Latest photos - 2 posts
Long Let Security against bad tenants - 4 posts
walking groups in costa blanca - 7 posts
Ryanair Debit/Credit Card Charges - 108 posts
Disappeared - 11 posts
More Community Problems - 30 posts
Driving schools near Coín?! - 8 posts
jean oldham - 7 posts
Any advice on this one please? - 105 posts
Oooops.....Pink Combat shorts!!! - 6 posts
A good Abogado in the Manilva area. - 4 posts
Mosa Golf User Rights - 0 posts
Need contact details of state schools in Spain, preferably Costa Blanca!asap???? - 3 posts
Dish Supplier? - 7 posts
Costa del Sol Bus Strike - 3 posts
Padron is a town in La Coruña (Galicia) - 1 posts
6 month rental - 0 posts
REFUSED BUILDING LICENSES - 11 posts
Looking for long term let preferably Alicante asap???Can u help??? - 10 posts
How to find electrical work in spain! - 16 posts
ClickFree auto back up 160GB portable multi PC hard drive is TSV on QVC NOW !! One day only. - 7 posts
Swimming Pool Construction - 1 posts
Swimming pool and other community issues - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 213

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x