Driving schools near Coín?!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by claire22011981 Star rating in Coín (Málaga provinc.... 1 posts Send private message

Hi there, 

Just wondering if anyone knows of any driving schools near Coin? I can drive, as I had lessons in the UK, but I couldn't get through a test due to nerves. It would have to be in English.

Thanks.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2008 7:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

TRY THESE (MAYBE) 

READ THIS THREAD 

One said "You have to take a theory test first. That will be in Spanish of course. You will need to be fluent to pass as the vocab is very technical."

One said "Take the lessons and test in Gib - they drive on the right but your classes will be in English"

THIS  was posted ages ago, try them.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/11/2008.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2008 7:13 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Claire,  you might not want to hear this, but two young English girl's we know in the village, went back to UK to take their test, they did speak good Spanish as well.    Pat 

Like 0      
11 Aug 2008 7:20 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I know lots have found it far too difficult too, Pat. If Claire has nerves in the UK, Spain's not the place to be doing a theory test & a practical test.

Friends of mine took a condensed (residential) driving course somewhere in Devon, I think it was. It consisted of a week's intensive learning. One like http://drivingcourses4u.co.uk/

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/11/2008.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2008 7:38 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes our grandaughter did that somewhere in Wales still failed, came back  and passed in St.Albans, that was where I passed,   third time lucky.  But I know I would not want to attempt it in Spain.  Their must be some English that have passed their I would think.   Pat

Like 0      
11 Aug 2008 10:11 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
There is a driving school in Elche that have all the theory and practical test conducted in English.
I think it is so much easier to drive over here,as a rule there is much less traffic to contend with,less speed cameras to think about and after a while becomes natural.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2008 10:25 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Georgia, Elche on the Costa Blanca is quite a few hours drive from Coin on the Costa Del Sol.  Are you suggesting Claire goes to Elche or just the fact that it is available in Elche so it likely is available in the Malaga area ?

Like 0      
11 Aug 2008 10:42 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi More,
The latter,when one starts to do it there are always more that follow,the fact that one does it makes me think that it must be possible where as before i thought it would be against the law.
It is quite widely advertised here on the radio and press so i don't think it will be long before a few follow suit.
Regards
Georgia

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 3:54 PM by robert jeacocke Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Claire
I live in alhaurin, there is an english driving school in fuengirola, 951 260 749. The courses are all in English (quite expensive but then again going back to uk will be too). You will have to sit your theory test first then your practical. You do not have to go with the driving school, you can buy the books from them and go down to trafico and book it on your own ( a much cheaper option). The test is very tricky though, most people fail at least twice. When you go down to trafico you pay i think 60.00 and that gives you two attempts. Malaga or marbella which ever is closer. You will need ID, photos and a medical which you can get next door to trafico.
I hope this will help, if you need anymore info just let me know
Kirsty

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

jean oldham - 7 posts
Any advice on this one please? - 105 posts
Oooops.....Pink Combat shorts!!! - 6 posts
A good Abogado in the Manilva area. - 4 posts
Mosa Golf User Rights - 0 posts
Need contact details of state schools in Spain, preferably Costa Blanca!asap???? - 3 posts
Dish Supplier? - 7 posts
Costa del Sol Bus Strike - 3 posts
Padron is a town in La Coruña (Galicia) - 1 posts
6 month rental - 0 posts
REFUSED BUILDING LICENSES - 11 posts
Looking for long term let preferably Alicante asap???Can u help??? - 10 posts
How to find electrical work in spain! - 16 posts
ClickFree auto back up 160GB portable multi PC hard drive is TSV on QVC NOW !! One day only. - 7 posts
Swimming Pool Construction - 1 posts
Swimming pool and other community issues - 19 posts
Bank Accounts - 4 posts
Conservatory or extention in Spain - 20 posts
shani - 4 posts
Would like to introduce ourselves. - 2 posts
Accessing Banco Halifax Online. - 15 posts
The north... - 2 posts
Health & Safety in Spain - 0 posts
Roadside Assistance - 2 posts
Health and Safety - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x