REFUSED BUILDING LICENSES

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by suewillett Star rating in SHROPSHIRE. 2 posts Send private message

Hi

Just looking for some information /advice on algorfa.  Im a mom of 4 children 11yrs, 9yrs, twin boys 4yrs and moving to Algorfa January 2009 with my husband.

Looking for some info on the local school and anyone who lives in Algorfa , do they enjoy it, is the village community good, is it safe enviroment to bring up kids etc.

If anyone has any info, i would be grateful, searching the internet for any information and thought I wuld give this a god

Cheers
sue

Like 0      
10 Aug 2008 10:12 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi sue,
If you use the search facility and put in Algorfa you will find there is loads of information and pictures on there regarding every aspect of the village.
Regards 
Georgia

Like 0      
11 Aug 2008 10:24 AM by susan s Star rating in Essex. 39 posts Send private message

Hello Sue

Have a look at www.algorfa.co.uk it's a great web site with lots of info and there is a forum that is very friendly.There are a few people who live in the village permanently who post on it.

I'm still only a visitor, but love it and would love to live there all the time.

Regards

Sue

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 9:43 PM by suewillett Star rating in SHROPSHIRE. 2 posts Send private message

Hi

Just want to say thanks to the people who replied to me about me moving to Algorfa, were coming out September to try and find somewhere to rent.  Its  mindboggling looking at everything on the internet , there is sooo much information which is great but you can get a big bogged down with it all.

Still interested in hearing from anyone living in Algorfa area as to their own experiences and whether it really is a lovely place to live. It really does sound great, my 4 children are excited at the prospect but obviously alot of nerves at the same time in relocating.  

thanks again
sue

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 9:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Sue, you couldn't have looked at the Algorfa site Susan gave you as they have a forum of their own. (Susan did tell you this ) Use it in conjunction with ours, it will put you in touch with others who have bought in Algorfa. Loads of RENTALS on that forum too.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 9:46 AM by susan s Star rating in Essex. 39 posts Send private message

Hello Sue,

I will be in Algorfa in September as well. Are you going to be staying somewhere as you look for rentals as if you let me know where you will be I can give you a rough idea if it is in the village.

As you are probably aware the village has a number of urbanisations and some of them are quite a distance. There is a guy who post on here as Georgia and he is an estate agent that lives in Algorfa....he is very often heard singing its praises ( mostly because every event organised by the town hall involves free beer!)

The town hall has a website I think it is AlgorfaSpain this has features on the urbanisations.

Good luck with your search, if you have any specific questions I am sure I can get an answer for you!!!!

Sue

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 12:05 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi Sue,
So you want to know a little about Algorfa.............
There are about 2000 people that live in Algorfa,it is located approx 20 mins inland from Guardamar and 5 mins drive to Almoradi.
The village is still predominantly Spanish residents and has all the Fiestas that come with that,they have a bullring for the fights in July.
The Square has recently been refurbished with the church sitting in the far corner and a few bars around the edge.
In the village itself there are about 15 bars,internet cafe,Farmacia,bakers,pizza parlour,pet shop school equipment shop,dvd hire shop,dance school,kindergarten,police station,Town Hall,infants and Junior Schools,cultural centre,nightclub(not a girlie one),doctors,crematorium(notice that came after the doctors),bike hire shop,hairdressers,estate agents,electronics shop(tv's stereos,etc)florists,lingerie shop,weekly market and on and on....probably forgot loads of it...........
The school is one of thje best if not the best in the area,they are not taught English in the school and will not be spoken to in English,all parents evening's are conducted in Spanish,(don't worry you will learn..), the headmaster is called Lorenzo,lovely guy,he knows alll the kids personally and the parents as well,doesn't speak English(don't worry you will learn)
They start at the school at 3 years of age and go from 9.00a.m to 12.30 a.m. back at 3.00p.m untill 5.00pm,yes it is a long day but gives them such a head start,especially with the language.
They break up in the 2nd week of June and go back the 1st week in September but only for half a day untill it cools down a bit....
There are quite a few Urbanisation that fall within the Algorfa municipality, you have Montebello,Montemar,Lo Crispin and La finca to name but a few,school bus picks up from all of these urbs and drops of as well.
Most of the urbs are predominantly expats,they will be Bristish,Irish,Scandanavian,German,French etc etc and of course some spanish.
La finca has the Championship golf course,fantastic mountain views but is probably the least residentially populated because of the course it does lend itself to holiday and 6 month visitors.
La finca has bars restaurants,vets,supermarkets etc etc...
Montebello and Lo Crispin are quite close together and have about a 65% permanent residency,the school bus picks up at Lo Crispin and works its way back to Algorfa,when it leaves Lo Crispin ist is already three quarters full(its a coach),that should give you an idea of families in the different location.
The whole area is called the Vega Baja which roughly translated means low fertile plain,it is also know as the Huerta de Europa or Orchard of Europe named because of its miles and miles of lemon,Orange,Pomegranet,fig trees.
The hospital you will come under is the Vega baja hospital just outside Orihuela,its about a 20 minute drive from Algorfa,i have not had to use this often but when i have the care has been exemplary.
I could go on and on and some people will tell you i usually do but i think most people will be falling asleep now with the length of this post.
If you want to know anything specific,fire away..........................

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 12:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Susan, thanks for website, I'll save that    http://www.algorfaspain.com/ 

My mate, Georgia, lives at Lo Crispin &, although it's classed as Algorfa, it's well away from Algorfa town as is Montebello. At least Montebello has a bar (which hubby & I have drunk a few beers at) & fish & chip shop etc unlike Lo Crispin. The already built commercials at Lo Crispin won't be let till it's officially taken over by  Algorfa Ayuntamiento & people there say not till next year.  (It keeps getting put back !!)

EDITED TO SAY : Hello Georgia.  How's you ?

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/19/2008.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 12:29 PM by susan s Star rating in Essex. 39 posts Send private message

Georgia,

Have you made your television appearance yet?

Does it feature your urb and others?

Sue

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 12:31 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
It features mine, Sue.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 1:37 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi More and Susan,
To answer both questions......
The commercial centre on Lo Crispin has become a bit of an Urban myth mostly by people who are guessing as we all do at times, so i will try to explain a little more.....
The Ayuntamiento (town hall) will not issue licenecs for business use there untill the whole of Lo Crispin is signed off and adopted by them,the Surveyors have visited the Urb quite a few times in the last year and have layed down a criteria for the builders,as far as i can see they have nearly met their obligation but there are still works to be completed,Algorfa town hall have done thiings a little diffrent than some others and although this has delayed the completion it will be benificial in the long run.
By doing things slower but with more logic and procedure this has allowed the urb to benefit from certain things.
There are cables laid under the roads that are for tv(no dish needed)telephone and internet (no silly satelite service needed),Habitation licence was issued from day one etc etc... very few urbs have this.
Also it does give everyone confidence though although being slower to complete it is all done above board.
There are a few licences appiled for already for a supermarket,Irish Bar etc....but again they will not be given the go ahead,at the moment it is no hardship as its only a 15 min walk to Quesada or 10 mins on my bike,the school bus picks up and i must say it is by far the best community i have ever lived on,this was even commented on by the Mayor at a local meeting,it also has a much higher residential occupancy than a lot others i go on,so we dont get the ghost town feel as some do.
I didnt bring the TV crew to Algorfa as the clients original criteria was to be be nearer the sea,although theychanged their minds after seeing some urbs that were closer but very quiet,they decided if they were going to have to get in a car anyway that they would rather be inlland and ended up near Aspe.
I think it is due to go out in the Autunm,the trouble is they have to record continuosly and have to be a series ahead all the time.
We filmed at Guardamar beach,El Raso(10 minutes drive from Guardamar),Hondon de las Nieves,Aspe,Pueblo Bravo (Quesada) and Elche.
I will let you know when its on.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 1:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Thank God for Irish bars, NOT  !!!!! Expensive beer & not needed, in my opinion but we too have the "benefit"  of one where we are. We went once & had to take a mortgage out for our beers.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/19/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for long term let preferably Alicante asap???Can u help??? - 10 posts
How to find electrical work in spain! - 16 posts
ClickFree auto back up 160GB portable multi PC hard drive is TSV on QVC NOW !! One day only. - 7 posts
Swimming Pool Construction - 1 posts
Swimming pool and other community issues - 19 posts
Bank Accounts - 4 posts
Conservatory or extention in Spain - 20 posts
shani - 4 posts
Would like to introduce ourselves. - 2 posts
Accessing Banco Halifax Online. - 15 posts
The north... - 2 posts
Health & Safety in Spain - 0 posts
Roadside Assistance - 2 posts
Health and Safety - 9 posts
Hand luggage prob not just terminal 5 - 1 posts
Ryanair cancelling flights not booked through their website - 28 posts
gabriella - 0 posts
Cement Mixer for sale - 0 posts
apartment fire and precautions - 13 posts
La Perla de la Bahia, Casares - 2 posts
Credit Crunch Part Deux One Year On - 3 posts
Promotors Are Cancelling Building Licences - 0 posts
Madrid regional government moves against airlines charging for luggage - 0 posts
Animals Needing Homes - 11 posts
NB; JET 2 & RYANAIR FLIGHTS OUT OF SAN JAVIER (MURCIA, CB) - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x