jean oldham

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by madlop Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Can someone please advise us on how to make our outdoor tiles non slip? They are relatively smooth terracotta tiles and when anyone gets out of the pool and walks on them they are lethal. we keep putting non slip mats down for the kids but as our villa in San Juan de los Terreros is in  a bit of a windy spot(understatement!) the mats blow away - any reasonable suggestions will be gratefully received
Jean

Like 0      
11 Aug 2008 5:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
First of all, a very warm welcome to our forum, Jean.

Sounds like what our builder put around our outside from gate to front door & on terraces. As you say lethal when wet. We skate when it rains.

I have no idea but wanted to say

Like 0      
11 Aug 2008 6:16 PM by madlop Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

thanks to morerosado for a very on the ball reply!  No matter you can't help just grateful to know people read the message  - having said that I think the majority of people are helpful and friendly 
Jean

Like 0      
11 Aug 2008 6:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Jean

I tend to read all messages & post on most. I need a life.

I was in San Juan de los Terreos in June staying with new friends, Jacqui & Neil who post as J&N on EOS. They have bought one of the coloured properties

Jacqui writes a brill blog, she also writes one as if one of her spaniel pups, Brinkley,  is writing it. Very funny.

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com/ 

http://2littlepuppies.blogspot.com/

Like 0      
11 Aug 2008 8:19 PM by alantracey Star rating. 156 posts Send private message

HI Jean

In the UK, there is a clear liquid you can paint on tiles, that when dry is 'bobbly' to form a grip.  Not sure if it will work around a pool though.  I will do some research and let you know

Tracey

Like 0      
11 Aug 2008 8:40 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi Jean,
There is a product avaliable from most good ferreterias and hardware stores that you can paint on,its specially designed for pool areas and patios.
There are also a few companies advertising it where obviously they charge to apply it,check your local press
Regards
Georgia

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 1:47 PM by madlop Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

many thanks to Georgia and Tracey for their info - hopefully when I am back in Spain in a couple of weeks I will find something that works. There must be many property owners who have the same problem that we do and we would rather sort it ourselves rather than get 'the workmen in'!  Keep your replies coming please!
Jean

Like 0      
13 Aug 2008 12:27 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Hi Jean

Where are you in Terreros that has such a problem with the breeze, we are desperate for a breeze most days - we get the odd 10 mins - and that's it - we're currently on the Noravel development. I know a few people who maintain properties locally who may know of something so I'll ask around and let you know if there is anything. I have to agree that the tiles they have used are lethal when wet - I'm just glad we don't have children to worry about - we tend to put beach towels down and walk on them - we need them for the pups to wipe their feet on before going into the villa anyway.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Any advice on this one please? - 105 posts
Oooops.....Pink Combat shorts!!! - 6 posts
A good Abogado in the Manilva area. - 4 posts
Mosa Golf User Rights - 0 posts
Need contact details of state schools in Spain, preferably Costa Blanca!asap???? - 3 posts
Dish Supplier? - 7 posts
Costa del Sol Bus Strike - 3 posts
Padron is a town in La Coruña (Galicia) - 1 posts
6 month rental - 0 posts
REFUSED BUILDING LICENSES - 11 posts
Looking for long term let preferably Alicante asap???Can u help??? - 10 posts
How to find electrical work in spain! - 16 posts
ClickFree auto back up 160GB portable multi PC hard drive is TSV on QVC NOW !! One day only. - 7 posts
Swimming Pool Construction - 1 posts
Swimming pool and other community issues - 19 posts
Bank Accounts - 4 posts
Conservatory or extention in Spain - 20 posts
shani - 4 posts
Would like to introduce ourselves. - 2 posts
Accessing Banco Halifax Online. - 15 posts
The north... - 2 posts
Health & Safety in Spain - 0 posts
Roadside Assistance - 2 posts
Health and Safety - 9 posts
Hand luggage prob not just terminal 5 - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x