Spanish income tax rates and allowances

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar
I am hoping to relocate at the end of the year and wonder what the rates abd allowances are for earned and unearned income. Can anyone help?

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 7:54 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

14 Apr 2008 8:16 AM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar
Thank you - very helpful  looks as if for my pension income it may be cheaper to let the UK tax it!!

Like 0      
19 Apr 2008 7:58 AM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

Hi Scampi

Unfortunately it is not that simple - if you are a resident (and technically you are if you spend more than 183 days a year here regardless of whether you have registered as a resident) you are obliged by law to make a declaration in Spain of all your worldwide income.  Your liability in Spain is then assessed and they deduct tax already paid in UK from what you would owe and you pay the balance in Spain.  If you would have paid less in Spain, unfortunately they do not give you a refund.  However if your UK income is anything other than a Civil Service or Forces pension then you can apply to the Inland Revenue in UK to have it paid gross and then it all falls into the Spanish system.  We take the view that we don't use any services in UK and therefore we prefer Spain to have all the tax due, but it has taken us the best part of two years to get all the forms processed - they seem to delight at holding it all up at the Centre for Non Residents in UK.

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
19 Apr 2008 8:14 AM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar

Hi - Yes i understand this now. My teacher's pension will be taxed in the UK - which is fine as they transfer it at commercial rates into spanish bank account. BTW hpe to be in my house in alfaix in august for a few weks and then more permanently from next January. i can hardly wait!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

20% CGT refund on properties sold between 2004-2008 - 3 posts
FIRST OCCUPATION LICENSE'S - 3 posts
las ninfas, los montesinos - 12 posts
state primary schools in the mazarron area - 1 posts
Newcomer in '08 - 5 posts
Multicurrency Mortgages - 5 posts
Changing Address for car ownership - 4 posts
Rojales (CB) - 11 posts
Sales Rep's required to sell the New SPF SPRAY BOOTH and LIGHT THERAPY CHAIRS - 0 posts
Wanted Office Furniture - 0 posts
Rent or Buy when moving to Spain - 8 posts
contact - 2 posts
Fitting electrial appliances and lights. - 27 posts
Death Duties - 0 posts
car boot sale - 0 posts
Driving Time - 3 posts
Rental needed with ADSL Internet - 9 posts
Most common problems when buying in Spain? - 4 posts
I need some websites! - 3 posts
Gas Bareque Licence??????????? - 1 posts
Wonderful Alcaidesa - 3 posts
Gran Mirador Rio Park Muchamiel 13 MISSING PEOPLE WANTED READ MR ANDY. - 0 posts
Mr Andy - 1 posts
Disappearing developers - what is the right course of action - 7 posts
How to find a thread - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x