Newcomer in '08

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by andymag Star rating in County Down and soon.... 6 posts Send private message

Hi Folks

I'm Andy

Have just found this forum and its fantastic amount of info.

After 2 years of research and 1 false start, My wife and I are planning to move the family out to Spain sometime before the end of '08.

We have just arrived back from Torrevieja last Thursday after a few days getting a look around, she who must be obeyed has decided on theTorre de la Horadada area.

We intend to rent for the first year while we get the business up and running and if all goes well buy our own place when we get established.

Does anyone have any advice on the move for us.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2008 8:31 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Andy/Mag

Welcome to the forum, I hope you get as much help and information from here as many of us have already.

We have a place just down the road (or beach) from Torre de la Horadada in El Mojon and love the area very much.  I don't know what business you are in, but Torre is very quiet out of season.  The main town of Pilar de la Horada is very Spanish and has all facilities for families all year round.  I'm sure you'll find somewhere to rent very easily and hope you enjoy your explorations.  Happy to help with anything if I can.

best wishes, jane.

Jane

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 8:03 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi

Welcome to Eye on Spain.

There is loads of information in previous threads on advice that we've given to people doing exactly the same as yourselves.  So have a hunt around and I'm sure you'll find lots of interest.

Hope to see you round and don't be afraid to ask anything.  There are some very helpful and knowledge people on here.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Jun 2008 11:56 AM by andymag Star rating in County Down and soon.... 6 posts Send private message

Folks
Sorry it has taken so long for me to reply, but BT is a hard task Master at times.

Jane thank you for the kind offer of help, I may have to take you up on it sometime in the near future.

Well the house is up for sale now and we have a 2 week family trip in July to look for property, schools, etc.
Hopefully the kids will like the area as much as we did.

As for work, I'm an I.T Professional with 15 yrs experience, so hopefully I can find something along those lines.

Like 0      
06 Jun 2008 12:14 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Hi Andy,

It's nice to welcome a fellow technogeek to the forum.

The only thing I would say about where you plan to live and where you plan to work, might differ from what you have decided, once you've been in Spain for awhile. So I think the fact that you are renting 1st is a good idea, then you can 'settle' closer to where you want to work.

For Carolyn and I, we are settling in  Duquesa, as it's close to Gib and Marbella, and not to far away from Malaga. So when it comes to finding an IT job, I shouldn't have much problem. I'm not sure on IT work in the area you and your family are moving too, however ask around and you'll find loads of people willing to help you and your family settle in.

I found this forum two years ago, and joining this forum is the best thing I ever did!

Good luck for you and your family, and we are sure that you will succeed.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 6/6/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
10 Jun 2008 3:40 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Hi Andy

We finally moved to Spain 3 weeks ago after a year planning and a lot of help from this site, there is so much information on here and so many people happy to help. We are really happy to have finally put all the stress of planning, house selling, downsizing etc behind us and we are now enjoying a few weeks of relaxation and discovery.

Be prepared for some stressful family discussions, we found the big decisions were easy, some of the little ones caused the biggest issues.

I've been keeping a blog about our move which you may like to take a look at, it may give you some thoughts and hints.

Best of luck with your move.

Jacqui

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Multicurrency Mortgages - 5 posts
Changing Address for car ownership - 4 posts
Rojales (CB) - 11 posts
Sales Rep's required to sell the New SPF SPRAY BOOTH and LIGHT THERAPY CHAIRS - 0 posts
Wanted Office Furniture - 0 posts
Rent or Buy when moving to Spain - 8 posts
contact - 2 posts
Fitting electrial appliances and lights. - 27 posts
Death Duties - 0 posts
car boot sale - 0 posts
Driving Time - 3 posts
Rental needed with ADSL Internet - 9 posts
Most common problems when buying in Spain? - 4 posts
I need some websites! - 3 posts
Gas Bareque Licence??????????? - 1 posts
Wonderful Alcaidesa - 3 posts
Gran Mirador Rio Park Muchamiel 13 MISSING PEOPLE WANTED READ MR ANDY. - 0 posts
Mr Andy - 1 posts
Disappearing developers - what is the right course of action - 7 posts
How to find a thread - 3 posts
Spanish property prices up! - 3 posts
PARKING AT TERMINAL 2 ALICANTE? - 2 posts
Splitting a parcela - 1 posts
Villa @ La campaneta County of Orihuela - 2 posts
Buy/Sell/Rent Free Online Advertising - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x